What are we looking for in the 4'th ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have Rollier as a 6th rounder but Wise is a good option.
I've had Rollier as a probable 5'th rounder the last month or so, but him coming from a more pro-style offense at Wisconsin earns points with me, ... and we don't have a 5'th round pick, so if we want him, may have to go a little early. Any drafted Center in this range is likely to be sitting on the bench throughout 2017 where a years worth of strength training & learning behind a good vet can't do him any harm. I don't think he'll be available at our 6'th, but we can hope. jmo.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I've had Rollier as a probable 5'th rounder the last month or so, but him coming from a more pro-style offense at Wisconsin earns points with me, ... and we don't have a 5'th round pick, so if we want him, may have to go a little early. Any drafted Center in this range is likely to be sitting on the bench throughout 2017 where a years worth of strength training & learning behind a good vet can't do him any harm. I don't think he'll be available at our 6'th, but we can hope. jmo.
I agree and I think a trade similar to what was done in the 2nd turning one of those 6th rounders into a 5th could work wonders.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I agree and I think a trade similar to what was done in the 2nd turning one of those 6th rounders into a 5th could work wonders.
Matter of fact, let's call it the cheese strategy. Trade down in the 4th, grab Biegel, then take Roullier in the 5th. :rimshot:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about we go BPA for the first time in this draft please.
We only go BPA, it seems when digging around in the garbage for a guy we can "coach up".....I am going to be "that guy" when our Oline breaks down this year, to bring up this failure. Forrest Lamp should have been a Ram, and he was BPA at #37.But eff it, we needed toys.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm interested in Grover Stewart, Biegel, maybe DeDe - not sure if O Line is worth it anymore at this point.

If I knew more, Caleb Brantley maybe.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Consider this me pounding the table more for Roullier! Mocked him in the 4th and I'll stick with that call. The other Youngstown St DE Avery Moss is available. My guy from the ROD mock is still there possibly as a DE in the 6th Keionta Davis. Man there are 5 or 6 good OLB available. Same with CB led by Kazee and Wilson. If we come out of the 4th with one of those 2 CB and Roullier I'm dancing my way through the 5th until we pick again in the 6th.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
One other thing I'd like to see - or have seen - is for the Rams to pull Groy out of Buffalo - I'd be fine if it took one of our picks today to get it done and I'm kind of surprised it wasn't part of the trade down from the 2nd.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
One other thing I'd like to see - or have seen - is for the Rams to pull Groy out of Buffalo - I'd be fine if it took one of our picks today to get it done and I'm kind of surprised it wasn't part of the trade down from the 2nd.
Funny .. .when I saw that trade announced with the Bills ... I thought ... "Groy?" lol.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'll go:

#112 - 4a) either * DE/OLB - Carroll Phillips
or DE/OLB - Carl Lawson
#141 - 4b) OC - Chase Roullier or OG - Dorian Johnson

Other Options:
CB/S - Desmond King
DT - Calib Brantley

Last edited:

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Anyone like OG - Isaac Asiata - Utah? Was he picked yesterday? I have liked him as a mid Rd. guy for the OL

lockdnram21

Legend
I am adding more OL depth to the mix for sure.

We still have the worst tackle in the NFL slated as a starter, two injury prone guys in Saffold and Sullivan and an old dude at LT that may start declining soon.
He's not the worst... I also expect him to be starting when season start... Their going to give him another chance

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
We only go BPA, it seems when digging around in the garbage for a guy we can "coach up".....I am going to be "that guy" when our Oline breaks down this year, to bring up this failure. Forrest Lamp should have been a Ram, and he was BPA at #37.But eff it, we needed toys.

I was excited about trading out for an extra third, but woke up this a.m. wishing we had Lamp. I'm a big believer in dominant OL being the way to build a team--esp. with a young QB--but it's a tough position to be in with so many offensive needs and no 1st rounder. Seems like we added some quality targets for Goff.

I know with Kirk Cousins the OL seemed to improve overnight, due to quick-developing plays, open targets, and getting the ball out before the pass rush had a chance.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I don't have a clue.....we should have been looking at several defenders...I guess we plan on signing everyone on the last year of their deals...good luck with that.

Many people would say that King would have gone within the 1st two rounds last year, but he decided to stay at Iowa his season year. He did have a much more productive junior season, but I don't understand how his name wasn't called the past two days.
Think he ran a very slow 40 time (4.7) . Looked very UN-athletic at the combine.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Trade down ten spots in 4th. Grab a low 5th or high 6th.
Take OLB and C in 4th.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
C, CB, OLB are my priorities at the moment. Find depth with starter potential.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Howard Wilson and Chase Roullier in the 4th as @OldSchool & @jrry32 have mocked to us respectively, just like that slow white kid from Eastern Washington.;)