What are we looking for in the 4'th ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
round and beyond ?

I wasn't really expecting a 3'rd round safety, but Joyner will become a free agent following this season, and John (JJ) Johnson looks like a sound pick. While I was hoping for TE Njoku, the Rams appear to have found their Jordan Reed clone in Gerald Everett, someone rated higher by PFF than the highly desired Evan Engram. Our team landed a highly touted threat in WR Cooper Kupp, so our young offense led by Goff & Gurley will develop chemistry at a similar pace, and hopefully play well together for many years to come. We brought in a couple vets during free agency to balance out our troubled OL & added an additional receiving threat at RB with Lance Dunbar. We can expect a very different look on offense under McVay, ... to our great relief.

I'll assume our new safety was hand picked by Wade Phillips, but now i'd like to hear how Rams fans would like to proceed with the remainder of the draft. We have two 4'th round picks, zero 5'th rounders, two 6'th round picks and one in the 7'th. With the 5 picks, if we can find our future (2018 & beyond) starting Center, a couple reserve LB'ers, a reserve DE and a back-up NT, i'll be quite satisfied to call it a successful draft, at least at this stage of development. So i'm going with one more offensive player and the rest to our defense as answer for depth issues.

What direction would you have the Rams take on the final day of our 2017 draft ?

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Potential good value at WR in Josh Reynolds and KD Cannon, but I think they will go defense specifically CB or edge rusher. Will be interesting to see if Sneed can resist drafting yet another auburn player in Carl Lawson.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Gotta think an OC is high on their list. I won't be surprised if they added a back up rb that fits McCoy's O and replace Brown. Then an LB and Edge Rusher. In any order

codeman

UDFA
I would be really surprised if they passed on Vince Biegel. There's been a ridiculous amount of smoke there all offseason. He fits into Wade's D and the culture change really well and I thought he should have been a top 100 player, he's really good.
Biegel, Lawson (Auburn watch out), Blair Brown (ILB), Will Holden (OT), and Josh Reynolds (WR) are my top 5.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Potential good value at WR in Josh Reynolds and KD Cannon, but I think they will go defense specifically CB or edge rusher. Will be interesting to see if Sneed can resist drafting yet another auburn player in Carl Lawson.

I'm hoping we can forego another WR with all the young talent from last season still needing snaps. If we find it necessary, i'd seek a cheap vet like Boldin. Gotta believe Snead is a bit gun-shy on Auburn players early in the draft, but can't let it affect him as long as Wade & McVay have a right of first refusal as we finish this thing out. jmo.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Roullier and Toth (might be a bit early here for him) are still there at center.

Got some good edge guys with Biegel and Carl Lawson.

Desmond King sits on the board despite being seen as a possible first rounder had he declared last season. Corn Elder is an interesting option at corner too.

If they hadn't already gone TE, Kittle would be worth looking at.

Good looks at WR too, including Dede Westbrook.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd go CB and Center if possible but I think value is key from here on out. They had a real nice round 3, knock round 4 out of the park with two more good players then go after raw freak types and special teamers in rounds 6 and 7.

It would be nice to see them add KD Cannon. Baylor wideouts are always raw as F but the dude is one helluva smooth and explosive athlete

jap

Legend

That would be almost surely a violation of the "We---not me!" motive, no?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dunno. It's a good question.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm warming up to this draft so far. Got to admit, we got "football players" which matters more than anything!!

Debacled

Starter
I want me some Eddie Jackson. Need more pieces for the 3-4 switch and will never complain about more offensive help

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'll sleep on this, but how about :

#112 - 4a) DE Deatrich Wise (rotates behind Easley at LDE)

#141 - 4b) C Chase Roullier

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Desmond King, CB, Iowa.

2x First Team All-Big Ten (2015, 2016)
Tatum-Woodson Defensive Back of the Year (2015)
Consensus All-American (2015)
Jim Thorpe Award (2015)
Jack Tatum Trophy (2015)

As a Hawkeye fan, I've watched this young man play numerous times. Many people would say that King would have gone within the 1st two rounds last year, but he decided to stay at Iowa his season year. He did have a much more productive junior season, but I don't understand how his name wasn't called the past two days. Say what you will about the Iowa's schedule or competition, this dude can play.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Give me Biegel, Toth or Roullier, McNichols, whichever drops between Westbrook, Hansen, Reynolds, or Cannon, and find me an Edge in the ruff!!!!!!!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
How about we go BPA for the first time in this draft please.

TexasRam

Legend
I am adding more OL depth to the mix for sure.

We still have the worst tackle in the NFL slated as a starter, two injury prone guys in Saffold and Sullivan and an old dude at LT that may start declining soon.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'll be disappointed if the Rams pick another wr.

Lb, de, nt, c, cb should dominate the rest of the picks.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
How about we go BPA for the first time in this draft please.

PFF grades Deatrich Wise at #71 overall. If we got him with our #112 pick, i'd say that's pretty good.

PFF grades Chase Rollier at #103 overall. If we got him at #141, seems like value to me.

I'm sure there are several other examples where we can blend value & need. jmo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Roller, is a good bet. Enhanced Price is good pass rusher. Corner from Houston. King, Corner from Iowa. Siegel LB from Wisconsin.
Josh Reynolds, deep threat WR

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
PFF grades Deatrich Wise at #71 overall. If we got him with our #112 pick, i'd say that's pretty good.

PFF grades Chase Rollier at #103 overall. If we got him at #141, seems like value to me.

I'm sure there are several other examples where we can blend value & need. jmo.

I have Rollier as a 6th rounder but Wise is a good option.