What are Snead's and Fisher's plans?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
If Sneed and Fisher's past has taught us anything at all, We know Snisher has a plan.

Oh, Some of us hem and haw and complain about how the Ram's offensive line is in tatters, yet we know Sneed and Fisher are paid big bucks to find more then band aids to put an offensive line back together again.

We know Snisher will use free agency, trades, and the draft in their attempt to sculpt a playoff contender. We also know this is an extremely boring time of the year to be a Ram's fan. So, to break the boredom I would like to know,

How do You think Snisher plans to remedy all Ram's roster problems?
Will they trade draft picks up or down?
Will they attempt to draft BAP at 10?
Will they trade for an offensive lineman. How many offensive linemen will they draft and what rounds?
Will they draft or sign a free agent QB? What round? What Free agent QB?

What positions will Snisher add via the draft, trades, and free agency. Example- Will they add another linebacker?

Feel free to ask and answer your own questions.

Although it's not required, I would really like to hear the logic behind your theories.

I don't want to know what you would do.
I want to know what you think Snisher plans to do, in the next two months. :coffee:

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm no scout but I have the sense that there are anywhere between a handful to a dozen premium guys in the draft. If they fall in love with a guy, I could see them attempting to move up for him. I do not believe they will move up for an offensive lineman.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

If thats gonna happen they damn well better be moving up for Winston or Marriotta because theres not another QB in this class that isn't destined to be a career backup.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I mentioned this in another thread but Snead made comments after the Foles trade that seem to buttress your position. Discussing the "quarterback puzzle" he said something like: Year 1 we moved back, year 2 we moved up and back, year 3 we stood pat. Watch for a new trend to emerge this year.

Now granted Snead is an expert BS flinger this time of year, but the comment really got my attention.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder..Snisher is unconventional. What if they pick someone that would complete the defense? This was his goal a year or so ago, and this pick IS NOT who I would pick, but what about the best Cornerback in the draft Tre Wayne? I never thought we'd go DT last year at #13, and Donald has been a revelation...What if Wayne is that guy this year?

jjab360

Legend
I mentioned this in another thread but Snead made comments after the Foles trade that seem to buttress your position. Discussing the "quarterback puzzle" he said something like: Year 1 we moved back, year 2 we moved up and back, year 3 we stood pat. Watch for a new trend to emerge this year.

Now granted Snead is an expert BS flinger this time of year, but the comment really got my attention.
I saw that interview and I think he was joking and being sarcastic as in there is no trend lol.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I think their lack of urgency to sign free agent ol insures that our early picks will be Ol. I look for them to sign blalock, trade out of ten, draft a rt, trade back into the lower part of first and take cam erving. Possibly sign blalock or trade for a vet guard. Could be they trade out of ten for a 2016 pick- ammo to trade up next year for qb.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
The fact that I'm very nervous about our OL reassures me that Snisher know it too.

I can't belive we're letting barksdale go without a plan, so I'm nervously putting my faith in them

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I saw that interview and I think he was joking and being sarcastic as in there is no trend lol.
Maybe. I read him to mean a new trend would be moving up.
I think their lack of urgency to sign free agent ol insures that our early picks will be Ol. I look for them to sign blalock, trade out of ten, draft a rt, trade back into the lower part of first and take cam erving. Possibly sign blalock or trade for a vet guard. Could be they trade out of ten for a 2016 pick- ammo to trade up next year for qb.
Very sensible. Erving please!
I wonder..Snisher is unconventional. What if they pick someone that would complete the defense? This was his goal a year or so ago, and this pick IS NOT who I would pick, but what about the best Cornerback in the draft Tre Wayne? I never thought we'd go DT last year at #13, and Donald has been a revelation...What if Wayne is that guy this year?
I can certainly see this.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If Sneed and Fisher's past has taught us anything at all, We know Snisher has a plan.

Oh, Some of us hem and haw and complain about how the Ram's offensive line is in tatters, yet we know Sneed and Fisher are paid big bucks to find more then band aids to put an offensive line back together again.

We know Snisher will use free agency, trades, and the draft in their attempt to sculpt a playoff contender. We also know this is an extremely boring time of the year to be a Ram's fan. So, to break the boredom I would like to know,

How do You think Snisher plans to remedy all Ram's roster problems?
Will they trade draft picks up or down?
Will they attempt to draft BAP at 10?
Will they trade for an offensive lineman. How many offensive linemen will they draft and what rounds?
Will they draft or sign a free agent QB? What round? What Free agent QB?

What positions will Snisher add via the draft, trades, and free agency. Example- Will they add another linebacker?

Feel free to ask and answer your own questions.

Although it's not required, I would really like to hear the logic behind your theories.

I don't want to know what you would do.
I want to know what you think Snisher plans to do, in the next two months. :coffee:

I think they are going to trade down a little to pick up an extra second rounder and use them both for OL.

And I think they will add OL after the draft too.

And FFS get a MLB so JL isn't on the field every down.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I say as we get closer to the draft, i think its going to be a D player to finish off the DEF and make it a complete DEF. So I really think it will be tough to pass on an elite CB
Trae Waynes

then3 out of the next 4 picks slated for the rebuild on the OL

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The only answer is an offense and OL heavy draft.

I think they take Scherff if he's there because he's an instant upgrade starter on the OL. Dude will probably make the pro bowl his rookie season if they play him at OG, he really is that good and would settle the interior of this line but can also play RT if needed.

If Scherff is not there, they take Cooper if he is there because he would immediately start in this offense. Insurance against Quick's return might be more important than it looks on paper not to mention Cooper is a rare player at the position, the type of player Fish has been trying to get since he came onboard.

If Cooper's not there I believe they will trade down because at that point the OL they want is going to be in a group with similar grades and there will also be several WRs to choose from. The defensive players who are there would all fall into a depth role if they are taken which is not a good use of the top pick when the holes on the offense are so numerous. So trading down allows them to get an extra pick and find value at a need which is win/win. I do think it's possible they just take Collins or whatever OT they like there but doubt it... Snead is too good to act desperate and will maneuver as needed.

I think they do take a QB in the second round, and if so it would be one of Petty, Hundley, or Grayson. This class is terrible and if you like one of them you gotta deal with supply and demand. They could roll the dice and wait for the third round but that would be more of the same where they get to watch other teams snap up QBs before they should. IMO the Rams will be more aggressive with QB this year as they see the addition of one of these guys as a big priority.

So the plan is going to be a young and powerful OL with a veteran QB lining up behind them for this season and potentially their QB of the future on the roster if they choose well and coach him up right. And you know what? I think it's gonna work too, as long as they don't get too cute and push their luck by dropping too far down for the guys they want or waiting too long to address the positions they need to get busy with.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I say as we get closer to the draft, i think its going to be a D player to finish off the DEF and make it a complete DEF. So I really think it will be tough to pass on an elite CB
Trae Waynes

then3 out of the next 4 picks slated for the rebuild on the OL

Many do not consider Waynes an elite CB, Pressure.

In fact, some don't even consider him the best CB in this draft.

There are some pundits and gurus that believe this entire draft lacks an elite CB. They say next year will be a much better crop.

Then again, who really knows?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The only answer is an offense and OL heavy draft.

I think they take Scherff if he's there because he's an instant upgrade starter on the OL. Dude will probably make the pro bowl his rookie season if they play him at OG, he really is that good and would settle the interior of this line but can also play RT if needed.

If Scherff is not there, they take Cooper if he is there because he would immediately start in this offense. Insurance against Quick's return might be more important than it looks on paper not to mention Cooper is a rare player at the position, the type of player Fish has been trying to get since he came onboard.

If Cooper's not there I believe they will trade down because at that point the OL they want is going to be in a group with similar grades and there will also be several WRs to choose from. The defensive players who are there would all fall into a depth role if they are taken which is not a good use of the top pick when the holes on the offense are so numerous. So trading down allows them to get an extra pick and find value at a need which is win/win. I do think it's possible they just take Collins or whatever OT they like there but doubt it... Snead is too good to act desperate and will maneuver as needed.

I think they do take a QB in the second round, and if so it would be one of Petty, Hundley, or Grayson. This class is terrible and if you like one of them you gotta deal with supply and demand. They could roll the dice and wait for the third round but that would be more of the same where they get to watch other teams snap up QBs before they should. IMO the Rams will be more aggressive with QB this year as they see the addition of one of these guys as a big priority.

So the plan is going to be a young and powerful OL with a veteran QB lining up behind them for this season and potentially their QB of the future on the roster if they choose well and coach him up right. And you know what? I think it's gonna work too, as long as they don't get too cute and push their luck by dropping too far down for the guys they want or waiting too long to address the positions they need to get busy with.

If Cooper or White are there, I think either will be the pick, Merlin. Simply more rare and highly rated players will be the rationale, I think.

I'm swinging back and forth on the wisdom of a QB pick in either rounds 2 or 3. Pros and cons both ways, but I just HATE the thought of using a premium pick on a QB that's considered to have a ceiling as a quality backup, but never a starter (today's Path per Jerimiah and Baldy).

Sure hope they hedge their OL draft bets with a couple of vet FA's.

Trade down sounds good, too. Ask 6 different pundits about best OL for the Rams and you'll get 6 different opinions. So who knows? That means a trade down makes a ton of sense if there's even a willing partner.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Many do not consider Waynes an elite CB, Pressure.

In fact, some don't even consider him the best CB in this draft.

There are some pundits and gurus that believe this entire draft lacks an elite CB. They say next year will be a much better crop.

Then again, who really knows?

Good to know, thx

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
If Cooper or White are there, I think either will be the pick, Merlin. Simply more rare and highly rated players will be the rationale, I think.

I'm swinging back and forth on the wisdom of a QB pick in either rounds 2 or 3. Pros and cons both ways, but I just HATE the thought of using a premium pick on a QB that's considered to have a ceiling as a quality backup, but never a starter (today's Path per Jerimiah and Baldy).

Trade down sounds good, too. Ask 6 different pundits about best OL for the Rams and you'll get 6 different opinions. So who knows? That means a trade down makes a ton of sense if there's even a willing partner.

I too am sitting on the fence, but I'm leaning towards not drafting a QB or at least not in the top 4 rds

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Not sure about White. Would he be an instant starter? Upside in spades, yes. Great value, yes. But immediate return to help Fish win now? Look at the development of the other 2 mountaineers they drafted; adjustment must be taken into account.

Also... If he gets to 10 Snead will get calls for move up. The WR position is very deep and picks from a move down will be valuable.

I suspect the Rams will only take a projected starter at 10. If a player does not project to start his rookie season, I think they pass on him and prefer a trade up for one who does or down for picks.