What 49ers fans are saying(After the game)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Yes, big plays overcame the dropped balls and a couple of errant throws. That's a good thing. Rams are close to being good enough to win the tough games, IMHO.

Yeah we are close. But we've got to get third down cleaned up fast.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It's more like 60% of the offense (if you take away their production from total yards).

As in most teams, the majority of big plays come from the couple guys.

Rob Grownkowski and Julian Edleman

Julio Jones and Devonta Freeman

Randall Cobb and James Jones

Keenan Allen and Antonio Gates

AJ Green and Tyler Eifert

Demaryius Thomas and Emmanual Sanders

Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown

Just off top of my head. Sure you have guys that now and then contribute. And sure, the rest of the offense can do better (mostly catching the ball) but let's not make this into a major problem that is exclusive to the Rams. We got 2 great players with Tavon and TGII. Not surprising they are getting the calls.

Oh BTW my OP was going to make of those same whiner fans who were lining up buying for #7hitstorm jerseys and "kaepernicking".

If he does get benched next week, the Rams will have started and ended the career of Colin Kaeperwhatever.

It's not exclusive to the Rams, never said it was. But it is a problem. It's in the eye of the beholder how major it is. For me, WR not catching the ball or getting open consistently, QBs misfiring under minimal pressure, and third down awfulness against the last ranked pass defense is borderline major problem. If the goal is to win the division and be successful in the playoffs anyway. Not every one we play will be a cream puff like the 49ers. Sooner or later a well coached defense is going to gameplan well enough to contain our two guys and we'll need someone else to make a play. We'll need to convert third and 5 without hoping for a 59 yard run from someone. The Minnesota Vikings over the last several years is a great example of what a team that relies on one or two players looks like.

fearsomefour

Legend
Rewatching the play JJ is not on his WR before the snap, I am sure the S was supposed to rotate over and did not.
The WR on the top of the picture was covered by Johnson on the snap.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/11/1/9656404/navorro-bowman-comments-49ers-are-not-good

NaVorro Bowman provides sobering post-game comments about the 49ers
By David Fucillo@NinersNation on Nov 1, 2015

The San Francisco 49ers defensive leader had a realistic view of the team following the 27-6 loss to the St. Louis Rams. We have a transcript of his comments.

The San Francisco 49ers star linebacker has been a part of the high times for the 49ers, and now he is getting a chance to experience the lows as a starter. The 49ers lost 27-6 to the St. Louis Rams and are now 2-6 on the season.

Bowman is one of the leaders of this team, and he spoke with the media following the game. The Rams sent out a transcript of some of his comments, and it is sobering (video here and here). Well, maybe not sobering since I think most of us were plenty sobered about the 49ers reality. But it is pretty hard to read this knowing what Bowman has put in to come back from his knee injury.

It also happens to be a realistic assessment of a team that is not nearly where plenty thought it might be heading into this season. It is a team with problems in both talent and coaching. Hard work is important, but if you are not diagnosing the proper problems, or not properly executing on what you learn, it really won't matter how hard you work.

(On losing the game)
"We lost, so...it's just how you respond to everything later that happens. I think if you want to be looked at as one of the best teams you have to get over the hump. Everybody loses, it's about how you respond. When I signed up I signed up to play through wins, losses, or whatever.

This is the type of team we have. There's no genie that's going to come through the door that's going to make us...we've got to put the work in. We've got to come together as a team and keep moving forward."

(On giving up big plays)
"I don't know. We held them off so much. A part in the machine just didn't work as well and they got a big play. There's three phases to the game and we as a defense, it's our job to keep them out of the end zone. We did a good job with that for the most part today, but if they don't have those big plays I believe we still have a big shot to win the game."

(On the struggles on offense)
"I can't comment on the offense. I wish I could go ask the coach to go play running back or something but that's not how this business works. We have to do our job that we signed up for. I'm sure that the offensive side will get it together soon."

(On what is causing the team to struggle)
"We come to work every single day and we put the hours in. It's not like we're sitting on our behinds. I don't know...it sucks."

(On losing games)
"It's hard to deal with. I'm not going to sit and act like it's not. At the end of the day there's 16 games on the schedule and you can't run from (them). You're going to have to play and if you had a bad week this week you don't want to have the same kind of week next week. Like I said, we've got to go to work and see if we can get this thing right."
--------
I hope we trade him
He doesn’t deserve to waste the backend of his career on a franchise that is as clueless as this one
-------
This game has made it abundantly clear that the QB needs to be benched and the OC should be fired
It’d be of great help if the HC can demote himself back to DL Coach
-------
A third of the team needs benched
And we need a entire new coaching staff. But that won’t happen because York went cheap and hired the least qualified people. It’s ’04 to ’10 all over. Taking a playoff contender and turning it into a laughing stock in less then 2 years. Hopefully someone offers York way too much for the team and they go away. Worst owners in sports
--------
Is it the OC? What if he is working with an inept QB
We hated Roman as OC too …. We meaning many of the people here…. well maybe it just boils down to the QB can’t handle what they really want to run. So why does that make the OC horrible?
--------
I didn't think we'd be good, then we got Harbaugh and started smashing people.
A coach is the easiest way to get better. A good coach can solve problems.
-------
Chip Kelly and Urban Meyer both preach that the most important aspect that good football programs share is that the entire organization is in complete alignment. That the message of what the team is, and how the team is supposed to operate is completely aligned among everyone. A shared vision that drives a team to success.

And it is my opinion (and it’s just an opinion) that the vision for this franchise likely belongs to Baalke. He’s the one that it flows from, and they hoped to find a coach that shared that vision. I was a little taken aback earlier this year when Tomsula wasn’t able to accurately articulate that vision when asked at a press conference. Now, he could have been caught off guard, or just not really able to convey with the media the way he is behind the scenes, really who knows. But it was a concern.

Because for a setup with the vision flowing from the GM to work (again, assuming that’s what we have here , they are ridiculously good at hiding their intent and structure) you need to find a coach that agrees with that vision. It’s not enough that he doesn’t disagree, or whatever. He needs to share that vision with the GM.

So, it’s a concern, but might be wrong. Again, they don’t let much out. And I don’t frankly know that I hate this coaching staff. I get that others do. I just see a not too talented group of players that has put a lot of pressure on a QB who is terrible at playing under pressure. So I need to see some personnel changes before I’d be able to say for certain.
--------
Crap flows downhill....
Santa Clara’s main issue is ownership.

Look, the 49er have tons more talent, (especially on defense), than Chicago, but the Bears have been more competitive that the 49ers (the Bears have scored more points, and given up fewer points), my guess is Chicago has less talent on offense, too.

They have the offensive and defensive coordinator combination that Baalke had negotiated a contract with….Adam Gase as head coach, Fangio was willing to work under Gase… then you’ve gotta believe that Jed York stepped in and demanded that Tomsula be made defensive coordinator….. and Gase walked because it was career suicide. (Who would want Tomsula when you have the option of having Fangio?)
……………………. Tomsula has never been a coordinator…. but he’s an NFL head coach.

Go figure….. here’s a clue, the main problem in Santa Clara is ownership, specifically the York family.
--------
The front office hires the coaches...
…. They HAD a good (great) coach. But the front office didn’t want to let him run the locker room and instead listened to "everyone loves him" Tomsula running gossip from the locker room to York and back again. York made it clear Harbaugh was on the way out when he tried to trade him in the early 2014 off season.

Then York and pals cranked up the rumor mill to "Harbaugh has lost the locker room". Total crap. A few whiny millionaires decided they didn’t want to work as hard as Harbaugh wanted them to work, got their Nanny Tomsula to run his mouth to York, and ultimately they fire Harbaugh.

After getting rid of the best coach we’ve had since at least Seifert, the front office trotted in a bunch of okay to good candidates, told them they had to accept Nanny Tomsula as the defensive coordinator, and those guys left as fast as the next plane could get them out of there because, SURPRISE, the owner was sticking his fat, unqualified, silver-spoon face into their ability to build their own coaching staff and run their own locker room.

Add to that that Nanny Tomsula works for the stale hot dog buns left over after a game, and York was glad to promote his favorite yes man. Now they’ll keep Tomsula anywhere from next week to through next year and then fire him and blame him for all the problems.

Seriously we have the worst ownership in football. That is why the team will continue to struggle no matter who we have at quarterback and no matter what poor sap they manage to dazzle into the HC job next.
--------
Reading between the lines, one can infer that the Defense is absolutely cheesed off about how the Offense is playing
If the Offense can’t give the D time even for a breather, even an all-world D is going to get grounded out eventually

We don’t have a great D but within the talent pool available they’re able give the Offense a chance (barring the Pitt and Cards games). But if the Offense can not even eke out 10 yards out of multiple tries, there is diddly-squat that the D can do
--------
This was our biggest issue pre-Harbaugh
We couldn’t sustain drives. You see Alex back at it again, lots of completions, but not enough yards for 1st downs. At least past the 50. I disliked Harbaugh’s conservatism, cause he would back off if we had a 10 point lead, but he won. Now we have the worst coaching staff I can remember, including the Singletary days. We suck again, and I think Kap is going to end up under the bus.
--------
I could easily see Bowman and Anquan or Torrey and Anquan calling for Kaep to be benched
At some point team mates will cross the breaking point and air their views. It’s just cold, hard fact
--------
Benching Kap
Sounds great and all, until we suck just as bad with Gabbert. We’re going to be bad all season long, no matter what they do.
--------
My opinion is...
…that we WILL suck just as bad with Gabbert at QB. Blaine Gabbert is not a good NFLQB.

The number one mistake was firing a head coach as good as Jim Harbaugh. We can talk talk about all the retirements and salary cap issues we want, but those factors were out of the team’s control this offseason. Firing Harbaugh was a conscious decision that the owner made. He had a choice there. And he chose VERY badly.

That single decision will cost this franchise dearly. And it may cost them dearly for quite some time.
-------
Bowmans's comment when asked...
Q: "you go up against the 1st team offense every week in practice, are you surprised at how they have suffered this season?

Bowman:
"tsk…. I don’t know"…

that says it all..
--------
Reports were the defense were killing the offense in practice
My explanation/excuse at the time was it’s because offenses take longer to gel and I thought the offense would start clicking. And they looked pretty good against the Vikings, Giants and Ravens and at times against the Steelers. But against everyone else the offense has looked abysmal.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It's not exclusive to the Rams, never said it was. But it is a problem. It's in the eye of the beholder how major it is. For me, WR not catching the ball or getting open consistently, QBs misfiring under minimal pressure, and third down awfulness against the last ranked pass defense is borderline major problem. If the goal is to win the division and be successful in the playoffs anyway. Not every one we play will be a cream puff like the 49ers. Sooner or later a well coached defense is going to gameplan well enough to contain our two guys and we'll need someone else to make a play. We'll need to convert third and 5 without hoping for a 59 yard run from someone. The Minnesota Vikings over the last several years is a great example of what a team that relies on one or two players looks like.

I don't think is a major problem at all. In the 2nd half, they hardly even tried to get a 3rd down conversion. That's scheme/philosophy/whatever you wanna call it. The lone 3rd down pass ended up going the distance.

Sure, 1st half the offense wasn't good. And yes, eventually the team is gonna have to convert those 3rd downs. Like probably next week eventually. But here's the thing; in my mind the team did enough good to overshadow that. Isn't that is what is most important, making the plays when they present themselves?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Kap should be bagging groceries at Safeway.
Hey, make it a Hy-Vee and you may have something there....didn't some famous QB bag groceries????:rolllaugh:
If the Offense can’t give the D time even for a breather, even an all-world D is going to get grounded out eventually
I was trying to explain this to someone yesterday about TOP.....We had consistently stopped their O on 3 & outs....and sure enough, Gurley broke one on a D that had reached its max....pressure busts pipes.:headexplosion:
Rewatching the play JJ is not on his WR before the snap, I am sure the S was supposed to rotate over and did not.
The WR on the top of the picture was covered by Johnson on the snap.
Actually, the safety went over to Tru's side....He comes into the frame a little late...All the other safeties appear to be near the LOS....Making it a 8-9 man box, in anticipation of the run....JJ was doing the Jenks gamble....luckily it paid off.(y):yess:

jjab360

Legend
I don't know what they were expecting after losing pretty much all of their best talent and the coach that was holding it all together in the worst offseason in NFL history. Maybe they got their hopes up after winning MNF the first week of the year and getting sucked off by homer Chris Berman, but they are what they are. A terrible team. And it makes me happy to my very core.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yeah we are close. But we've got to get third down cleaned up fast.

Absolutely.

I rewatched the game and Foles was under a lot more pressure than I perceived live. The zero sacks was definitely partially his doing. Some of the balls I thought were dropped were well defended and some of the errant throws were him being hit.

The entire offense except Gurley and TA needs work and they need it now.

The good news is we got a lot of first downs, just not on 3rd down.

FrankenRam

Starter
You'll notice there are no safeties in the picture.
There's your WR coverage.

Exactly. In the pic, with all the red arrows pointing to wide open WR's, I can't count more than 8 Rams players in the pic.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...aluating-everyone-including-colin-kaepernick/

49ers coach says he’s “evaluating everyone,” including Colin Kaepernick
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 2, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwqyote1mdc1mjy0otjkmmq5mjcynty5mmi1yjy1zmvm.jpeg
AP

Jim Tomsula has insisted in the past that Colin Kaepernick was his quarterback.

Today, he stopped well short of that.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, the 49ers coach was asked about Kaepernick’s status today, and responded by saying: “We’re evaluating everyone.

Considering the backup plan is Blaine Gabbert, that should be all the indication anyone needs that Kaepernick’s season has hit the rocks.

Kaepernick averaged 4.0 yards per attempt yesterday against the Rams, and looks like a guy who needs a week off, if only to get out of the rain so he can be fixed for some later point.
-------
Well in turn being ‘evaluated’ himself no doubt.
-------
I can’t believe its come to this where i’m actually saying this, but… maybe we do need to see what Gabbert can do. It’s not like he’d dash our playoff hopes or anything
--------
wow, its amazing how quickly a good team can go to crap
--------
you know you suck when the head coach is considering benching you for Gabbert.
--------
This is the same team that made the Super Bowl and three straight NFC Championship games a few years ago. Life comes at you fast man.
--------
I guess harbaugh wasn’t the problem after all with the niners.

Welcome to mediocrity for the next decade. That’s what you get when you don’t appreciate what you have.
--------
The 49rs have so many holes in their roster it will take years to build them into a contender even if it was being done the right way and Kaep isn’t the only problem…..but he certainly is the biggest one. His season hasn’t hit rock bottom, his career has and its not coming back.
--------
They broke him in this offense and there’s no game-plan every week. its stunning, really.

I think he starts somewhere else in 2016 with a real coach and a non-abysmal OL.
-------
My Eagles better be on line 1. I’ll take him over Sammy B any day. Kapernick in Chip Kelly’s system? Yes, please.
--------
Meanwhile in Ann Arbor, Jim Harbaugh is laughing out loud at the San Fran clown show.
--------
Colin Kaepernick is the main reason for their failures this year. As bad as the defense is, and the coaching is, in your ESPN blame pie he gets 51-60%.

But I still think he can be effective with San Francisco as their starting quarterback. Boldin and Davis come off the books this offseason so you can replenish with pieces that fit his style.

There are a lot of talented defensive players in this upcoming draft int he first few picks and diamonds in the rough who might go in the third or fourth.

This season is lost and they need to just admit that. If you want to go to Blaine Gabbert in the next few weeks I don’t have a problem.

I do think Kaepernick should get a shot with a fresh team and coach though. Jim Tomsula wasn’t ready for this opportunity, lost a lot of good pieces and some of the aging ones got even older. If the GM doesn’t screw up in the offseason there’s a chance San Francisco can do a quick rebuild and be back to an 8-10 win team next year.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I wonder if Gabbert would really be a bad decision. I mean, the guy had tons of talent in college... I always thought he just needed a couple of years in a backup role before being thrown to the lions (not the Lions, that would hardly be scary). Guy ran a pure spread offense in the Big XII's spread-passing heyday. Let him learn how to run a pro-style offense, and I truly think he could develop into a starting-caliber NFL QB. Much like Chase Daniel developed into one of the most highly-regarded backups after learning the pro-style ropes.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
http://forums.49ers.com/showthread.php?162413-2015-wk-8-49ers-at-Rams-Postgame-thread

Truly ugly game.

And to add injuries to insult Bush and McCray have injured Knees, M. Davis hand and Pinion calf

Have pity on your mods who are unhappy too and keep it clean everyone
-------------
Another blowout? Shocker!
------------
What game?
------------
#49ers had 38 rushing yards, fewest since Sept. 13, 2009.
-----------
bush may be out for the year....wasn't he already?
-----------
fire jed york
-----------
Well, Phil Dawson was nails today
------------
Bush hurt? Shocking.
In other news Brees throws 7 TDs, and Eli Manning throws 6. 13 tds between them today, more than the 49ers have scored all season in one game combined. SMH. The 49ers are so bad, it's funny.
------------
Hey! We can still go 10-6.
--------------
Worst coached team Ive ever seen.
--------------
giphy.gif

-------------
Radio 49er post game highlight:

Phil Dawson 54 yard FG in the first quarter.
--------------
38 rushing yards split between 3 running backs. Man that's bad.
---------------
Alex(Smith) had more rushing yards than the entire Niners team ROFL.
----------------
Tomsula saying it is his fault and he still has to make evaulations. I suspect we will hear this 8 more times.
----------------
Thank the baby Jesus for the Warriors. That is all
------------------
Lol the rams played really badly for the most part of the game i thought and they still gave us a touch up
-------------------
The only positive I see is that Boldin has been promoted to assistant coach. The negative is that he's drawing penalties on the field.
------------------
Meh. This team is trash from the top down. Kap has been neutered. Just a drone out there and is just broken. No confidence at all and the coaching staff isn't doing him a favor with the pathetic offensive schemes. He won't do anything he isn't told because he is officially mentally broken. Our defense is garbage. Even with some talent, coaching is trash.

The Oline is trash. Our TE is trash. Our coach is trash.
Kap will be cut and given the burden of the scapegoat, Sula will come back next year, we will get some other poor soul at quarterback and destroy him too.

And the cycle of pathetic will continue. Of course, classy pathetic.
-------------------

200.gif
:)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Have pity on your mods who are unhappy too and keep it clean everyone

Man can I ever relate. :headexplosion:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/11/2/9659482/49ers-mike-davis-injury-fractured-hand-running-back

49ers RB Mike Davis fractured hand, according to Ian Rapoport
By David Fucillo@NinersNation on Nov 2, 2015, 11:02a 46

The San Francisco 49ers may have lost another running back, as Mike Davis reportedly suffered a hand fracture in the team's loss to the St. Louis Rams. This does not bode well for running back depth.

The San Francisco 49ers running back position is an absolute mess. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport is reporting rookie Mike Davis has suffered a fractured hand. Someone asked Jim Tomsula if the hand was fractured, and he said they were looking into that. Tomsula will meet with the media again at 11:30 a.m. PT today, so he will hopefully confirm this news from Rapoport.

This injury came after Reggie Bush reportedly tore his ACL on a punt return. He had an MRI on the knee and again, we will hopefully get confirmation one way or the other from Tomsula. That left the 49ers with Kendall Gaskins as their only running back for much of the second half.

Rapoport reported the 49ers are bringing Ben Taint in for a workout on Tuesday. This comes two weeks after the team worked out Pierre Thomas but did not sign him. The 49ers waived Jarryd Hayne on Saturday, and will find out at 1 p.m. PT on Monday if he is free to come back to the team.

Carlos Hyde is dealing with a stress fracture in his foot, and was inactive on Sunday against the St. Louis Rams. Odds are pretty good he misses this coming Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons, and maybe returns after the bye week.
-------
There is no way that Levi's isn't built on an ancient indian burial ground.
-------
All sorts of injuries accompanying this team...
I just sprained my middle finger during Tomsula’s press conference.
-------
I got a concussion from banging my head during Niners games against my beer mug
-------

Time for a new team theme song
Queen-Another-One-Bites-576936.jpg

--------
Also worth noting: The Rams front 7 isn’t bad. And by not bad, I mean beastly, especially the way Kaep is (Not) throwing the ball, such that they get to load the line of scrimmage.
-----
Who's gonna get tackled in the endzone for us now?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I can't properly describe how much enjoyment I've received from reading these whiner fan posts.

My Ram season is always a success to me as long as we beat those whiny bitches. Yesterday was HUGE for me... we beat the whiners, AND my baseball team wins the World Series. Great Day !

RamsFan14

Starter
Have to say, it feels SO NICE being on the other side of the coin and to DOMINATE your divisional opponent. Far too many times I've felt how those fans/players feel right now. It's a sucky feeling, but the tides have turned for now. Glad we are on the high train, it's been too long!