What 49ers fans are saying(After the game)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This thread is over a thousand pages long so I'm only highlighting what was said about Colin Kaepernick during and after the Rams game. Lot's of comparisons to Alex Smith and even a few Jeff Garcia and Sam Bradford mentions. Reminds me of the arguments Rams fans had when Bradford was still with the Rams.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/182033-kaepernick-thread/page1003/

Kaepernick Thread

Only incompetent NFL QBs don't see this opportunity.

CSvx2SQU8AEl563.png

--------
Any other QB would be moved directly to the bench after missing an opportunity like that. Kap should be bagging groceries at Safeway.
--------
So when coaches call a running play, and no indication that Kap has been given a green light to audible at any point this year, it's his fault that he is following the coaches decision? It's hard to have a discussion about Kap if you guys can't see the fault in the team and staff around him.
--------
Any other QB would see that and throw a quick pass to the WR no matter if they had the greenlight or not. Kap should be playing for his career and doing anything to breath life into this team. If not to play here, but to get a chance somewhere else.

This shows that Kap does not have a QB mentality and never will.
---------
https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/42BB...p4?versionId=1TKfRykgiBAN.AW1aASI5Z.zQIT94iYs

The full play. Kap cant read the field like a traditional QB, and the opponents know this. He doesn't even bother to look Smiths way because he is so locked into the run call. That's terrible for a fifth year QB, and is an indictment of him and his coaching both this year and in prior years.
---------
This is absurd. As a player, you do what the coaches instruct. If they don't give you the green light to make adjustments at the line, you don't go rogue and just do whatever you want. This is on our staff, not on Kap. They've surrounded him with one of the s**ttiest olines in NFL history and have reigned in any bit of adjustments for him to make at the line. But sure, it's Kaps fault. There's enough warranted criticism to put on Kap, a screen shot showing him hand it off 2 seconds into a play is not one of them. SMFH.
--------
Did you watch the post game press conference with Tomsula? They asked him, does Kaepernick have the authority to audible out of play and into another one (referring to the play where both our WR"s were WIDE OPEN on the outside) and tomsula said YES he has the authority.
------------
Wow that is terrible....so many missed opportunities on the field on so many plays.
--------
ooohhhh it looks like Kap is literally on an island!!

CSv5xEZUEAA9wa9.jpg:large

--------
He has no idea what he is doing
-------
Not fair. That top db came in within a second of the snap/play clock.
--------
Because there is zero pass protection and zero threat of a running game.
--------
Even when he has time he sucks
---------
This is the sh*t im talking about when i go to the games. Kaepernick never sees the field. He never audibles into what he sees on the field like QBS around the league do. He could be doing so much more for our team, but instead hes just trying to pretend to ride this dumpster like he has no way of getting out of it.
--------
Is it possible that Kap had no freedom to change the play and The Rams knew this and also knew what was coming? I think this might be all on the coaching staff.
----------
Yeah but he only had TWO wide open, uncovered WRs to choose from, that's a hard decision.
----------
If I'm Kaep id want to get traded after this year. Coaching sucks, ownership sucks and the organization is reeling from losing Harbaugh.
--------
I am so sick of this chicken s**t offense. Throw the ball into the f**king endzone. I am so tired of this playing scared crap. Attack!!! We havent had a good QB since Jeff Garcia and I am getting so sick of it.
---------
I think he has played poorly but it is tough to evaluate a qb when the team has the worst line, worst coaches and worst RBs.
---------
You know how you evaluate him? Put in another QB and see how he does with the same team.
--------
Sure, that'll change things. lol. Oline, scheme, and running game is going to make any QB in this league that is not a future HOFer look like s**t. But let's chase the best QB we've had since Jeff Garcia out of town.
--------
I think My local varsity team could score more.
--------
We endured year of Alex sucking balls because of poor coaching and talent around him. We now know that Alex is limited but can be successful under the right coaching and players around him. Kap is the same thing, but better, imo. Just gotta get some help around him. But hey, we could let him go and let some other poor soul deal with our oline. Fix the oline, and we'll fix this offense.
---------
We already let our best QB since Garcia go (Smith). Dropped 45 on Lions today. Kap cant even get a 3rd of that point total these days.
--------
I mean, picking whose better between Kaep and Smith is just too tough. It almost seems like picking your deadly Poison. They both are going to kill you, its just which would you prefer? The quick death, so you can restart fresh? Or the slow and steady death. Pain at every turn
angry.gif

MAYBE, smith is better than kaepernick, but getting rid of him was still the right choice. If we want an offense that can perform, and get us into the playoffs almost every year on its own regardless of defense like some teams around the league, we needed to get rid of him. Right now, we are and will always be a team that can only get into the playoffs when our Defense is top 5, if not top 3 in the league.

And even then, that only lasts for a few years with the way defenses work right now. Thats why he needed to go and same with kaepernick. The defense we had is one we will probably never see again on the 49ers in our lifetime. Very rare for a defense like that to come along, and out of 32 teams for it to be playing for YOUR team
--------
who wanted Kaepernick even in round 1 again? Jim Harbaugh, THE coach of the century, right? Can the ppl that miss him admit this one?
---------
lol, he was very good in 2012, decent in 2013 and sucked last year. No development whatsoever.
---------
Clearly until he's gone and beyond. With this much evidence already in the can and they're still not convinced, they never will be.
---------
LOL. Kap has time in the pocket, holds the ball for 4 seconds, gets sacked.

edit: Now Kap just threw a ball 8 yards out of bounds.
--------
No longer going to refer to him as Kap. He has now earned the honor of Krap.
---------
Dude is 6'4" of pure s**t
---------
Tebowesque
---------
he got sacked! That means the oline is terrible! He needs at least 20 sec in the pocket
--------
I held out longer than most of you...

...I am over him now.

I don't wish Ill will upon him...just to go away
-------
Kap doesn't even have the basics of being a decent qb. He doesn't scan the defense and see a wide open wr.this is stuff they teach you in high school. He looks for his one read and scrambles and never looks down field. If someone is open he never sets his feet. It's been 4 years and I personally don't see it getting better. Sadly it is time to cut our losses.
--------
Wow, this is trending on the Facebook feed:

"Colin Kaepernick: 49ers Quarterback Fails to See Uncovered Receiver at Line of Scrimmage
Wide Receiver Torrey Smith waved his arms to get Kaepernick's attention when no Rams defender lined up across from him before the play, which ended up being a run up the middle."
--------
Why do we suck at run blocking? Because our O-line is trying to block when they are outmatched by the number of defenders?

Complete bias you are. You can give us 5 pro bowlers on this O-line, if the defense is rushing 8-9 stacking the box, your O-line will still look like sh*t at run blocking. If you dont have a QB that makes a defense respect your passing game, then it makes your rushing game look like sh*t. Yet somehow our rushing game over the year has looked respectable if not promising for future years, and thats saying alot giving the circumstances our QB puts us in.
--------
Kap is the worst starting qb in the nfl, by far
--------
So, do you think Kap has done enough to get his as* fired yet?
-------
even when this piece of s**t has time, he panics when he sees his 1st read is covered and starts running around, usually right into the pass rush. IDIOT!
-------
Just so you know, i go to all the seasons games except seattle so far this year, had to work. Entire stadium is booing Kap, and i even saw someone walking with a Krapernick jersey. Go to a game, you will see all the reads and unncessary sacks he takes. Sorry to tell you, your boy is probably gone at the end of the year. but like i said im done with your posts, you are so emotionally invested into the guy that logic doesnt even hit you
--------
It is for sure time to switch qb's. I've defended kap, but this was just horrendous.
--------
Yep, that pretty much sounds like the Kap that we all got to know. The dude is Captain Panic Station and sh*ts in his pants the moment there is an ounce of pressure and should be the spokesman for Pampers.

OK, so what are you going to do about it, Jed York/Baalke?!

Go and pack your bags after the game, Krapnpick!!
---------
12208681_10207580137959849_6458113957651129788_n.jpg

---------
It's sad to say but Colin has regressed big time. I know he was never good at reading defenses, but when he first broke onto the scene, he was absolutely fearless. He threw the ball into really tight windows and did so successfully. Now, he's totally scared to throw the football and doesn't pull the trigger unless his guy is wiiiiiiiiiide open. It's bloody ridiculous.
--------
This game pretty much sealed his fate this season. I don't see the Niners making a QB change just because taking out Kap would be the right thing to do. So, coaches will continue to play him instead. Kap will get cut before April 1st, JT will not only be fired as a HC, but will be to blame for the Niners demise more than Jed York who hired him.

So long, Kap! If you'd rather hand off the ball instead of throwing to wide open, uncovered receivers, then you lost tens of millions of $$$$ and deserve to have the door hit your a$$ on the way out!
--------
Kapsucksernick
--------
Is Bradford an option for next season? Traditional pocket passing quarterback.
dunno.gif

---------
Nah, we need to do better than Bradford. He's not good.

Definitely need a timing, rhythm passer. Would rather draft our own guy.
--------
Sam Bradford plays in a much better offensive system and has worse numbers than Kaep.
sick.gif

--------
Those calling for Bradford...he is sadly worse. If we take him for Kap I want picks in return.
--------
Bradford is an average QB. I don't want him in a Niners uniform. He is not a long term answer and I'm not sure I'd want him for picks. I'd really rather see what Gabbert has to offer than watch Bradford.
---------
Everywhere media outlet I go to is not talking about the Rams win, it's talking about Kap missing Torrey Smith. As per NFL.com:

"Back to Kaepernick: This tells you everything you need to know about where Kaepernick is at as a quarterback in 2015. He's locked into a doomed play, only he can't see it ... or the wide open receivers on either side of him. Good grief."

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Any other QB would be moved directly to the bench after missing an opportunity like that. Kap should be bagging groceries at Safeway.

TBH until I see a pic at the snap I'm gonna say this is an over reaction. It looks like the corners, along with everybody else watching, knew it was a run and abandoned coverage. Now if they jumped in for run support before the ball was even snapped sure you have a case.

Edit: I saw the vine, it looks like Tru jumps at the snap but JJ completely abandoned coverage before the snap. Kaep is so bad.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
TBH until I see a pic at the snap I'm gonna say this is an over reaction. It looks like the corners, along with everybody else watching, knew it was a run and abandoned coverage. Now if they jumped in for run support before the ball was even snapped sure you have a case.

Edit: I saw the vine, it looks like Tru jumps at the snap but JJ completely abandoned coverage before the snap. Kaep is so bad.
You'll notice there are no safeties in the picture.
There's your WR coverage.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...-vs-Rams/362335df-af99-470b-a205-fee5561d02d3

What We Learned from 49ers vs. Rams
Joe Fann/Team Reporter49ers.com/@Joe_Fann

The San Francisco 49ers fell to 2-6 with a 27-6 loss to the St. Louis Rams in Week 8 of the NFL season.

The 49ers scored the first points of the game, but it was St. Louis who took a 20-6 lead into halftime.

St. Louis never let up, shutting out San Francisco in the second half. The Rams improved to 4-3 and have now won two games in a row.

Here are the biggest takeaways from the game.

Todd Gurley's Big Run Hurts 49ers

The stats have been impressive for Gurley and the production continued in his first meeting with the 49ers. The rookie's 20 carries for 133 yards give him four consecutive 100-yard rushing performances.

San Francisco held Gurley in check in the first quarter, holding the talented runner to just 16 yards. Gurley then broke out in the second quarter on a 71-yard touchdown run.

Gurley also turned in three catches for 13 yards to give him 136 total yards on the afternoon.

If not for the 71-yard run, the 49ers mostly kept Gurley in check to tune of 19 carries for 62 rushing yards. The long score, however, will be a topic of discussion for San Francisco’s defense. It wasn’t the longest rushing score surrendered by Eric Mangini’s defense this season.

Dawson is Timeless

The 49ers kicker opened the scoring on the team's first offensive possession. After the drive stalled at the Rams 36-yard line, Phil Dawson lined up to attempt a 54-yard field goal.

The 17-year veteran drilled the kick between the uprights, making his longest make of the season. The kicker later added another field goal from 26-yards out, accounting for all six of the team's first-half points.

Dawson is now 13-14 on field-goal attempts for the season. His one miss came when the Minnesota Vikings blocked his first attempt of the season in Week 1.

When Bradley Pinion suffered a calf injury in the fourth quarter, Dawson came into the game and connected on a 48-yard punt.

It was Dawson’s ninth career punt in his 17-year career.

49ers Rookies Team, Force Turnover

In the first quarter, the 49ers recovered their first fumble of the season. On a 20-yard pass to Tavon Austin, Jaquiski Tartt was able to knock the ball free. Fellow rookieEli Harold recovered the loose ball and returned it eight yards to give the 49ers possession.

The play was reviewed and the call on the field was confirmed. The takeaway comes in Tartt's first start of the season as he fills in for Antoine Bethea.

Both Teams Experience Third-down and Penalty Woes

Both teams struggled on third down in St. Louis. The 49ers converted just 3-of-17 attempts while the Rams went 1-of-12 on third down.

Penalties were a major contributor to that. There were 25 combined accepted penalties in the game with San Francisco accounting for 13 and St. Louis accounting for 12.

Simpson Makes 49ers Debut

With Anquan Boldin (hamstring) inactive, Jerome Simpson made his debut in a San Francisco uniform. In his first regular-season action since 2013, Simpson led 49ers receivers with three catches for 34 yards on a team-high 10 targets.

Simpson's status going forward will be worth monitoring. Once Boldin is healthy, the coaches will have a deeper grouper of receivers going forward.

Niners Notes

- Reggie Bush hurt his knee on a punt return in the first half and did not return. Bush has missed three games this season due to a calf strain. The running back didn't carry the ball and was targeted on one pass play before getting hurt.

- Mike Davis hurt his hand in the third quarter, leaving Kendall Gaskins as the only healthy running back on the roster. Gaskins was called up on Saturday from the team's practice squad.

- Other injuries: Keith Reaser left the game with an ankle injury. Garrett Celek left the game with a head injury. L.J. McCray left the game with a knee injury.
--------
We learned that F**k Tard, JED YORK, single-handedly destroyed this once proud and amazing franchise.
-------
Meanwhile lets cut to London where the Chiefs behind the flawless performance of Alex Smith shredded the Detroit Lions. I was against the move to Kap then and history has proven the point.

They disrespected Alex so bad and all the things that they thought Kap could do that Alex couldn't are nowhere to be found. Bad judgement and bad management have ruined the 49ers. It's a shame. The offense isn't cut out to be competitive in this league. Unfortunately.
--------
Alex Smith sucks too. What has he done that is so amazing in KC? The answer is nothing. Beat Detroit the worst team in the league. They beat Pittsburgh with their 3rd string QB. Smith had plenty of time to prove he was good with the Niners, and he didn't get it done. Smith has the weakest arm in the NFL, he usually throws 2 yards passes.

Alex Smith threw for 145 yards and two tds that is incredible. 9 tds with a solid stable franchise to Kap 6 to for and unstable franchise. You are crazy if you think it would be better with Smith.
---------
What's even more bizarre is the title of this article - there's nothing here about what was learned, but then the party line has to take precendence, because if they were to be really truthuful they'd admit that we learned that 1)Forget the playoffs, 2) Forget KAP, 3) Forget Jeb and start thinking about the draft.
--------
At this point they have nothing to loose or gain. Open the playbook up and let Kap run wild. Anything is better than what they are doing now. If the O-line can't protect him, let him bootleg/rollout and thrown on the run. It's one of his strengths, just use it.
-------
Why did they call blitz with under 2 min to go in the first half when it was a light prevent situation
-------
We learned that the 49ers are the worst team in football. they have the worst offense and the worst defense. They also have the worst coaches and the worst management. We got the Super Bowl coming to Levi Stadium though....
--------
What we learned is that the 49er management is totally incompetent. They waived Jarryd Hayne (who averaged 4.2 yds per carry) and promoted Kendall Gaskin (who had 5 rushes for 6 yds today). No one can be that stupid. Reggie Bush got injured (even though no one touched him, he fell on his own) in the first half, as everyone knew he would.

Mike Davis was injured, and we had zero running attack to go with a quarterback who panics and bounce passe the ball to our receivers. The only question is how long will this be allowed to continue before someone else is scapegoated and sacked. I hope Tomsula, Chryst, and the rest of the coaching staff is renting.
-------
Reggie Bush tore his ACL on his own. One back out for the season, Carlos Hyde should be (broken foot) and Davis has a hand injury that we don't know if it is serious. Waiving Jarryd Hayne is looking worse and worse as the day goes on.
--------
None of what you wrote makes up what we learned. What we learned is that the Niners have coached Kap into incompetence by trying to force him to be a pocket quarterback. He's not, never will be, and sucks badly trying. We learned, again, that Jed York destroyed the team over the summer, and that this group of players is not a team.

We are learning that this coach isn't capable of making them play like a team any time soon. In other words, we are learning that the Niners are playing for first pick in the 2016 draft.
--------
What we learned is we suck this season, thanks to the York's and Baalke, instead of backing the best HC we had since Bill Walsh, the York's backed Baalke and know we are paying for that, so OK nothing could of stopped the retirements and players leaving, but I would of backed Harbaugh to still find away of putting a winning team together,

instead the York's appointed a inexperience HC, instead of going for a more experienced HC like a Shannan who like Harbaugh might of found away of at least putting a competive football team out on the field every Sunday.
Today reading Twitter I saw the Niners are apparantly shopping Joe Staley around the league I mean he is our best OL and these bunch of idiots are trying to trade him, why because he was outspoken apparently against the way Harbaugh was treated?
--------
...Lets be clear..49ers 4 life, however as a fan I endured 10 years of "trying to get it right" dealing with those Alex Smith, Mike Nolan, Mike Martz, and lets not forget those J.T. O' Sullivan days. That's something I can't go through again. Harbaugh probably had flaws and showed disrespect to the higher ups, but what wasn't in question was his ability to "COACH" and more importantly identify other competent coaches to put on his staff.

For ownership (GM included) to want to move past Harbaugh is their right, however they have an obligation to this franchise first and fans second, to have a plan that makes sense on the field and not just in a press conference. We can't control retirements, but what it has done is show the lack of quality in our depth which goes to drafting (Ballke).

Even through our bad years we identified talent, Willis,Peterson,Davis, Goldson, Gore, Staley, Andy Lee (you think we could use him this year), ..currently we are trending downward in our ability to draft quality which in turns affects our depth. This is a business, however it's clear personal feelings became present and decisions were made and they hired a "yes" man to coach this team.

Nothing against Tomsula, excellent d-line coach, but just like singletary he is a position coach that's all. Either way, competent ownership are those who reflect on themselves indentify their shortcomings and get out of their feelings. We need to re-group have an exit plan (complete overhaul) and right this ship. Newsflash ownership...

WE WERE 1 PLAY AWAY FROM BACK2BACK SUPERBOWL APPEARANCES JUST 2 YEARS AGO!!!..right this ship NOW...YOUR LOYAL FANS DESERVE IT!!!...oh yeah....49ERS 4LIFE!!
--------
We learned that thsi QB is a waste of money an time.Fire The Head Coach and Bench QB CK = stop the bleading. Enough is enough, this entire team just quit playing like a true 49ers.
--------
Let me preface this by saying I started watching the NFL because of Jarryd Haynes signing. Im learning to love the game, but im by no means an expert.

With that said, why on earth with your 1 and 2 RB's nursing injuries (regardless of severity) would you cut a running back, even a rookie with a few mistakes under his belt? I dont understand this. You have 2 guys who are clearly hurt, significantly more likely to aggravate their injuries and be unable to play... and you cut a RB?

I am actually hoping hayne does get snagged by another team. Not because i expect him to be a god in the NFL, but because when hes being coached by these muppets its gonna be a hell of a lot harder to improve.

Tomsula Logic - I dont need running backs. That guy with a broken foot can run, so can the guy recovering from a hamstring injury. Totally.

Am I missing something?
---------
I feel like 49ers.com is a news website from some Communist country. They sugar coat everything and cover up all the negative news
-------
Joe Fann:
Please be careful to not get any of that lipstick on you as it is applied to this Sunday's pig...err game. Mr. Kaepernick stunk. Tackle after tackle was missed as Ram players blew by the Niner defense. The offensive line...you have to be kidding.

The problem is compounded by the rich kid who was given a once great football team to play with. The Santa Clara 49ers now play in one of the NFL's uglier stadiums and produce the NFL's ugliest football. Things are plain ugly! Trade York!!
-------
I'm really embarrassed for this team.They are terrible on every measurable level... Three minutes into the 2nd half I went outside to rake leaves. There is really no excuse for this level of play. None.
--------
Crappy O-line, no running backs cause of various reasons and a bad coaching staff! Plus a young rebuilt defense. Those are plenty of excuses of why they are playing to the expected level that they are. I said at the beginning of the season niners were going to have a 4-12 season.
--------
Your excuses are pathetic, just being bad isn't an excuse. Our defense has been tough, it can't always be on the field though, defending drive after drive with short fields. No defense can. Hyde, Bush and Hayne were poised to make an impact, but all of them have done absolutely nothing. No O-line in the NFL is that bad.

The read option and quick passes should help out. Kaep has been inexcusably inaccurate on short passes and how often have you seen Kaep running with any kind of effectiveness? There is no excuse for suck.
--------
We have seen today that this team has no business playing in the NFL. The ownership should be ashamed .
--------
Where's our Apology Jed ?
This writer missed a lot in this piece. What we learned is this team is Baalke's eggs coming to roost. He's a below average GM at best. Guy has made far too many stupid decisions for it to go unnoticed. And Jed giving Baalke the keys to his mommy's team. Kaep isn't a NFL QB hate to say it, but this CS and lack of talent didn't help matters either.
--------
I'm sorry but Geep Chryst is terrible. How do you call a run when we are virtually on our own goaline? He called a run on the previous play to get us in that position and then you call another one and surprise its a safety. Cant he see we have no OL! At this rate a top 5 draft pick is the best we can hope for, our season is over right now.

Bethea on IR, Hyde injured, Bush probably on IR after todays game, Boldin injured and Davis playing poorly. 2-14 is a realistic expectation this season the way we are playing. We cant score as we have no ground game right now and no OL to protect the QB. At least we called a screen but thats the only bright spot.
-------
Now that the tax payers have given York an ugly new stadium, he screws all the fans by destroying their team.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie

This link was in one of the comments above:
https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/42BB...p4?versionId=1TKfRykgiBAN.AW1aASI5Z.zQIT94iYs

The guy at the bottom, who has been left by JJ, is waving at Kaepernick like a full second before the snap. Really no excuse for not making a quick throw in that direction.

Edit: You must have made your edit seconds before i started replying, my bad :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
So did we rotate the safety after the snap to the dude at the bottom of the formation?
Not from what i can see, but it's quite zoomed in. I only count 9 Rams in the picture at the snap, all of whom are in the box, so one would assume there are 2 deep safety's out of the picture.

So if we did cover the recievers, it was with safetys who are like 10-15 yards off the line of scrimmage.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I've read before that Kaepernick isn't "allowed" to audible - but in that situation who gives a damn? You do it and face up Tomsula like a man. It can't be that surely. He must not have seen those guys. I was watching on TV like "er....guys....what are you doing??? You're supposed to cover.....oh great play! Good job guys!"

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
We played a horrible game on offense and still beat them. They have more problems then Krap. If they were smart they'd build their team with him playing so he can take the beating. Then draft their guy when the team is decent. Or they can Bradford it and draft him now so that he can get beat down.

Either way I say,

Ha ha Whiners.

RamzFanz

Damnit
We played a horrible game on offense and still beat them.

Whan? Today? We scored 24 points, Gurley set a rookie record, the o-line played it's best ball yet, and TA had 119 yards and 2 TDs.

That's not horrible. There were dropped balls and a few errant throws.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Whan? Today? We scored 24 points, Gurley set a rookie record, the o-line played it's best ball yet, and TA had 119 yards and 2 TDs.

That's not horrible. There were dropped balls and a few errant throws.

We had three or four good plays. 90% of our offense came off those. Unless you think that 3rd down percentage or that passing game would beat a good team. That was the worst passing defense we struggled to pass on. The run game was pretty good in the second half, Austin and Gurley showed big play ability. Those are the positives. Against a team not coached by a never will be, I don't think that would get it done. JMO, but if you look at the whole game and not a few picked stats, it was a relatively ineffective offense for most of the game.

RamzFanz

Damnit
We had three or four good plays. 90% of our offense came off those. Unless you think that 3rd down percentage or that passing game would beat a good team. That was the worst passing defense we struggled to pass on. The run game was pretty good in the second half, Austin and Gurley showed big play ability. Those are the positives. Against a team not coached by a never will be, I don't think that would get it done. JMO, but if you look at the whole game and not a few picked stats, it was a relatively ineffective offense for most of the game.

Yes, big plays overcame the dropped balls and a couple of errant throws. That's a good thing. Rams are close to being good enough to win the tough games, IMHO.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
90% of our offense came off those.

It's more like 60% of the offense (if you take away their production from total yards).

As in most teams, the majority of big plays come from the couple guys.

Rob Grownkowski and Julian Edleman

Julio Jones and Devonta Freeman

Randall Cobb and James Jones

Keenan Allen and Antonio Gates

AJ Green and Tyler Eifert

Demaryius Thomas and Emmanual Sanders

Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown

Just off top of my head. Sure you have guys that now and then contribute. And sure, the rest of the offense can do better (mostly catching the ball) but let's not make this into a major problem that is exclusive to the Rams. We got 2 great players with Tavon and TGII. Not surprising they are getting the calls.

Oh BTW my OP was going to make of those same whiner fans who were lining up buying for #7hitstorm jerseys and "kaepernicking".

If he does get benched next week, the Rams will have started and ended the career of Colin Kaeperwhatever.

DenverRam

Starter
When Gurley broke then run.

--------
He gone
---------
There goes Gurley......and that's game.
---------
Damn...that Gurley...

eek.gif

---------
#1 pick here we come