Well...heres a few nice stats to take away from the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
Yamahopper said:
DR RAM said:
Now we just need a LT, a LG, a C, and a RG and our line will be money.

H. Dahl has played very well, I've been very impressed.

I think you nailed it.

Without a good line that can control the LOS you can't score points and if you can't score points you can't win games. A productive OL is the single biggest improvement to help a defense out by controlling the clock and keeping the D off the field and fresh..

Kalil fixes the line and Saffold would be perfect at RT. The days of the maulers are over with 4-3 teams putting speed rushers against them and all the 3-4's with the fast OLB's. Maulers by nature have slower first steps and shorter arms and that's what makes them....well Maulers. Saffold is quick enough to excell at RT. Ideally I would like to see Dahl back to his best position G. And Bell would be fine if he came back. Brown can just go and not look back.

So what do we do with Smith? If he is able to play I would re-do his contract and let him learn the G pos. and backup at T unless he can win a starting job.

Before I cut Smith I would bring in a new OL coach and see how that works. Because sometimes you just have to shoot the messenger.
I think a new o-line coach could be beneficial and needs to be evaluated, but my problem with Smith is that he can't play Tackle, he may be an excellent Guard, who knows, but with the concussions that really worries me. If he's not medically retired he will be back, he counts against our cap next year, but there better be a backup plan.

I read somewhere early in the year that even if we cut him there's around 4 mil. dead money against the cap. I'm not sure that's right, so I don't quote it. He could be a cut in June.

100% with you on the concussed. And if he rolls into March and he still can't pass his test then he's gone.

Since we can't send him back to college for a year to learn to play G he would have to be a backup for a while. But he could be very good at it.

He has the tools to play T but again would like to see him with different instructions to see if he improves.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yamahopper said:
Angry Ram said:
DR RAM said:
zn said:
DR RAM said:
JdashSTL said:
DR RAM said:
Now we just need a LT, a LG, a C, and a RG and our line will be money.

H. Dahl has played very well, I've been very impressed.

So if we drafted a LT, do you think we move Saffold to RT, or put him at RG, and Dahl at RT?
I think they'd move Saffold to RT, but I love knowing that Dahl can play there if needed. What do you guys think?

I see Saffold as an LOT all the way and also that what happened to him this year was misleading. He has technique issues to shore up and confidence issues and that's one good off-season away from coming out the gate ready. Meanwhile he doesn't have the skill set for ROT. He's not a mauler type and would be wasted there.

This will take months to resolve but my bet is, Saffold is fine next year and fine at LOT at that.

I think lots of people are reading the wrong things into what happened this year.

Just a different view.

Angry Ram: Brown was horrible, we need an upgrade at whatever position he plays. What does this have to do with playmakers? I agree...we need playmakers.

You can't just get rid of him and have 100% confidence you'll get a sure fire long time starter. Sure, if they're lucky. Just like w/ you and Bell, I think Brown should be kept...if anything as a stop gap. Playmakers would help Bradford...and hopefully will bailout the OL b/c then defenses won't keep sending jail breaks on every 3rd down since they have to respect Blackmon or Jeffery or whoever.

IMO if you could somehow put Megatron and Andre Johnson out there with Lloyd rest of this season you might get another TD a game with the OL we have right now. Opponents would have one plan "Kill Sam" They would bring the house every play. Just what Spags would do. And even if they did get a lead they couldn't control the clock with running the ball. The reason the GSOT stopped scoring at a record pace was that they lost the ability to protect.

But your right we need playmakers and lots of them.

Funny you should mention Megatron b/c Detroit is still using the same OL that got Stafford on IR 2 years in a row. I thought it would've been better had they taken Okung over Suh that year.

It's a team game and w/ no top threat outside SJack (who isn't even being used fully???) it's easy for Ds to jailbreak every down.

Yes OL is important and yes this group needs help. But it can be done w/o investing that much more $$$ into it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Angry Ram said:
Funny you should mention Megatron b/c Detroit is still using the same OL that got Stafford on IR 2 years in a row. I thought it would've been better had they taken Okung over Suh that year.

It's a team game and w/ no top threat outside SJack (who isn't even being used fully???) it's easy for Ds to jailbreak every down.

Yes OL is important and yes this group needs help. But it can be done w/o investing that much more $$$ into it.
Well then would you please call the Rams and tell them how to build a great offensive line for little money. That would be awesome. :sly:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
DR RAM said:
Angry Ram said:

Well then would you please call the Rams and tell them how to build a great offensive line for little money. That would be awesome. :sly:

If I knew that I wouldn't be postin here now would I?? :ww:

In fact, I would have some silver trophies lyin around... :razzed: