Week One: What the 49er fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Here we go, another season....and you know what that means. It's time to take a weekly peek into the opposing teams fan boards. It's always special to peek into the thoughts and general shit talking that goes on when we face a divisional rival. Enjoy.
download (20).jpg

----------------
The Rams have an outstanding defense, especially against the run. Gurley is there offense. We all 49er fans know what we have. So sadly I'm going 20-17 Rams. I think we are going to end up one dimensional against them & our QB's & WR's are bad. We will turn the ball over too much it will cost us the game.
-----------------
49ers win... because we score more points than the Rams... 36-20
-----------------
3-2 49ers win
-----------------
Gurley makes the difference Rams 17-6
-----------------
Pretty close to last years season opener, 20-6 niners, the Rams are the worst team in the division IMO.
-----------------
SF 24, Rams 17
-----------------
San Fran Forty-Niners 20
Los Angeles Referees 150
-----------------
The 49ers will march down the field more than last year, but be stopped in Redzone by Gabbert's caution. I believe the 49ers will kick 4 field goals and score two touchdowns in regulation and one fg in OT. The Rams will fail on 2 pt conversion. The Rams will score three touchdowns, but will be inconsistent, with five good scoring drives (3 TD 2 FG) but multiple three and outs.

49ers 29
Rams 26

Overtime.

NOTE: I am predicting far more offense than most believe will occur. The 49ers will gain many yards, and the Rams will have drives saved by Amhad Brooks hands to the face penalties.
------------------
I think this will be a close game.. with Niners winning by a FG

if the Rams had their QB situation figured out, and/or if Goff was more NFL ready at the moment.. than I'd pick the Rams to win easily.
------------------
31-17 Rams
------------------
Rams 20
Niners 17

Gabbert tries to lead a 4th quarter drive to tie/win the game and fails on a bomb down the sideline to Smith on a third and short for some stupid reason. Crushing our dreams of a good start to the season.
------------------
We lose to the Rams with Gabbert
------------------
I'm gonna say 24-20 niners. I have faith in our first game.

But what will be interesting is how chip deals with the passing game. Bradford threw 52 passes in his debut under Kelly last year. Foles threw 32 in his debut. Either way, it doesn't seem like he's under the philosophy of bringing his starting QB gently.
------------------
Niners in a landslide
3-0
------------------
Big test for the o-line!
But I believe we have the better coach and while we know who the Rams are, they have no idea what will hit them with Hyde on O and the twintowers on D!
SF 31
LA 17
-------------------
Rams will win 13 - 9. They get 1 td and 2 fg we get 3 fg. Snoozefest.
-------------------
Niners for the win. I hope the Rams wear their old uni's the yellow and blue it will look like old times from like the 80's. I have never like the Gold and Blue.
-------------------
Where is the tie option? [board poll reflects SF win 72% Rams win 27%]
-------------------
We always seem to make the simplest QBs look PRO BOWL and top tier QBs look pedestrian. So I am sure we will cough up mucho passing yards, the question is can we make it a shoot out?
-------------------
I agree. the yellow and blue is old school. the gold in the Rams' unis always has looked wrong to me
-------------------
I'm in love with their yellow color rush setups
-------------------
if they[SF] don't win, it looks like playoff elimination by week 8
-------------------
49ers 3
Rams 2
-------------------
16 - 13 Rams. Don't know how we do against that D. Especially since our Offense is a mystery to us to start the year in real game action. So I am going with the better known D, and at this time its the Rams
-------------------
20-14 9ers

Our defense will seal the game with a pick!
-------------------
9ers 35 rams 9
-------------------
17-13 Rams in a close one
-------------------
20-17 Niners
-------------------
49ers 12
Rams 6

Neither team scores a TD in a snorefest

http://forums.49ers.com/showthread.php?164463-49ers-Vs-Rams-Sept-12-MNF-score-prediction-thread

___________________________________________________________________________________

Goff being a complete bust, how many games till fisher is fired? I do not expect a lot of points on either side this opening game
----------------------
Poor Goff does look in over his head. I didn't think he was too great coming out of college, but I certainly didn't expect him to be 3rd string come game 1.

At least give Fisher credit for that. He has recognized Goff just is not a starting caliber player at this point.
-----------------------
Niners 38
Rams 10
-----------------------
Goff just needs some time holding the clipboard. He isn't a finished product coming out of college yet, just needs more physical development to get a little bigger to absorb those hits and mental development to catchup to the speed of the game. He has made some pretty legit throws when he is comfortable.

That being said, I hope he busts
-----------------------
f**k the LA Rams!!!!
-----------------------
Very fair assessment. He has the tools, which is why I found his slide on the depth chart a little unnerving, but as you said he may just need a little "seasoning." I think many NFL fans could rally behind the concept of a rookie QB sitting a season or so to acclimate to the game and hone their skills a bit. Many coaching staffs/ownership groups would be unwilling to let a high draft pick simmer for a while, but if it means an improved team and a franchise QB for the future, it is a wise decision.
------------------------
Looking forward to our 2 young linemen Armstead and Buckner
------------------------
49ers 24 to Rams 17
------------------------
24 13. Niners
------------------------
I wanted Goff here and I dunno if he'd have looked any different under Chip Kelly's system and tutelage but now I think f**k Goff and the Rams. Let's smash em!
------------------------
Here's the trippy part.....the last time we played the LA Rams was the game after finally beating Dallas in 1994. Deion had that great pass breakup to kinda save the game. Jerry also had like 16 catches.
------------------------
i think we got this game
i'm not huge on the season but i think were better than the rams
-------------------------
With gabbert starting changing my prediction to 10-9 Niners which will lead to Kap being named the starter for week 2
-------------------------
Key Matchups for MNF's Rams vs Niners

Chip Kelly O scheme vs Greg Williams D scheme. Greg Williams will likely send blitzes in order to pressure Gabbert's counting. Kelly could take advantage only if he prepers Blaine to keep it cool and moving the no huddle drives.

Chris Davis vs Tavon Austin. Davis had a tough eveving covering Packers Cobb and Austin will be no different. Although he shown some flashes, he really needs to step up if he wanna keep his role and spot.

9ers DLinemen vs Rams OLinemen. Dorsey must disrupt the line of scrimmage in order to stop Gurley. Having Armstead, DeFo and Dial will help him. Also gonna be important they generate pass rush so guys like Carradine and/or Brooks get Keenum.

Trent Brown and Anthony Davis vs Aaron Donald and William Hayes. Staley gonna have a busy night against Quinn but is Brown and Davis who are gonna seal our faith for the running and passing game.

Vance McDonald vs Alec Ogletree. If Niners has to face 3rd and long then Vance should be the guy who convert 1st down to keep the ball and clock running in our favor.
--------------------
Good points.. If Davis struggles VS Austin look for Jimmy to shadow him and Robinson/DJ if not both(if Brock struggles as well) on their taller WRs in Britt and Quick.
--------------------
The only thing I'm concerned for in this game is how soft we are up the middle and Gurley is obviously a huge threat. We contain the run we win, we don't it could get ugly fast!
--------------------
If the niners can get a good screen game going, which is a staple of Chip's offense then that will calm down the rams aggression.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Davis starts getting abused then they slide Ward back into the slot to cover Austin.
-------------------
49ers going to score 24 Rams going to score 17 , we are going to have over 300 yards rushing , Go 49ers . 1-0 next Sunday going to be different.
-------------------
Also, don't be surprised if our RBs combine for 200 yards rushing& receiving.
Looks like Gaines might be out as well, add Patton to my list above.
-------------------
Greg Williams: " kill the head"
-------------------
Last time the niners lost to the LA Rams was November 25th 1990.
-------------------
We don't seem to be softer than their soft, warm, wet oline (especially the middle)
-------------------
24-13 Niners
put a stamp on it, this team is better than last years plain and simple... All the "experts" can say what they want, but we might possibly have the best O-Line in our Division and also a Defense that if all goes well and can stay healthy could very well be top 10 worthy D. I expect a lot of close games this year, and truly believe this team can compete for a wild card spot
-----------------
I hope Buckner and Armstead can really set the tone for the season and dominate.
Agree on Gurley.
I think the Rams will grind with the run and target our ILB's passing when the opportunity arises. Fisher is lame so he'll be safe and mostly try to run through us.

I don't know what to expect from our offense. Things are so up in the air right now, new HC and one who needed to adjust his game going into 2016. No WR's. Patton must step up.
I do know Kelly started using TE's a lot more last year and will prob have to expand on that this year out of necessity. Dont be surprised if our TE's are the leading recievers. It may not look like Chip's old offense, other than the fast tempo.
-----------------
Ya, Goff wouldve been much better off not walking into Fisher's broken net. If we drafted him I wouldve wanted Gabbernick to start 2016, maybe get him in a little but no starts till 2017.
Anyway, 49ers. I wont have a good feel for this team till about week three or four. Even if we stomp the Rams it will be too early to tell what we have. Like last year vs the Vikings.
------------------
Kelly>Fisher.
------------------
Man, I'm just so excited to have a real offensive guru leading the team. Call me soft, but it'll be fun to watch us score some points. And I'm certain we will. Kelly can score points with any team.

What I'm not excited for is the awful chip Kelly defense that usually accompanies that.

I'm gonna say we lose a close one. 24-21 or something of that nature.
----------------
49er OL will be a revelation. Beadles is the week link but he is better than anyone on last year's line except Staley. Run game may be stymied early but eventually the D will begin to tire and run game will start to work. Kelly's scheme works well against pressure and Gabbert is good at getting rid of the ball quickly. Look for a lot of plays early that will have the defense running sideline to sideline chasing underneath throws.

Stop the Ram run game and you stop the Rams. If Armstead is fully healthy, he will announce his presence to the league and Gurley. Keenum is just a journeyman and will be facing a better than expected group of 49er DBs with help from O'Neil blitzes to keep Keenum under pressure.
23-13 49ers
------------------
Anxious to see the 49ers revamped interior OLine versus those two Rams DTs, Donald and Brockers. Then in week 2 it's the Panthers DTs. Talk about being tested right off the bat.
------------------
Whose starting for the Rams at QB?
------------------
Bowman needs to spy on gurley like Willis did ap. I think Willis locked him down to 4 yards one game
------------------
If Armstead is healthy and starts I'm real excited to see what he can do I think Keenum might be seeing him in his sleep for a few weeks haha or even if Armstead and Buckner hold up the middle and allow Brooks and Tank/Harold to do some damage it would be good.
Hope Ray Ray starts at ILB he's quickest to the ball and in coverage which is a good foil for Bowman. I think we win and surprise a few pundits in doing so.
------------------
I don't think the Ram's oline is all that good, if they can't get interior push then their run game is going nowhere and I fancy our chances at stuffing them with Armstead, Buckner, Dial and Purcell - don't see Dorsey playing. Not to mention we've got Bowman to stuff the run as well and he should be closer to 2013 health now.

I fancy our chances in this game but it will come down to our Dline, I think our offense will move the ball on the Rams, as good as the Rams DT's are, I believe our oline is right up there and we should be able to slow down Donald and Brockers at the least.
---------------
Gonna say 24-17 niners only cause I don't think Goff is nfl ready and this is in Santa Clara .
---------------
that DL though its maybe the best in nfl and i think our OL is at best average and its worst in the interior where there strengths are.
I predict a lot of people calling garnett a bust after this game because hes facing donald who is the best DL in nfl (with watt)
that being said they are weak everywhere else i think we will win but we may see some bad offensive drives
----------------
Rams 18
49ers 4
Rams kick 6 FGs. 49ers sack Keenum in the endzone twice.
-------------------
Let the Chip Kelly era begin!
-------------------
Niners perform well in opening games with new coaches..... "It's the same sorry ass Rams" - Ken Norton Jr right ?
-----------------
I hope so. Rams d line is still dominant, but our offensive line is much improved. Let's see how how D handles Todd Gurley. Should be a good matchup to start the season.
-----------------
Quinn and Hayes on the ends are not chopped liver either. This may be the best front four they face all year. If they can at hold up against these guys, and stay healthy the rest of the year, there will be some
smiley.gif
smiley.gif
smiley.gif
on Niner fans' faces this year.
-----------------
Stop Gurley N we win easily.
-----------------
Quinn is a beast for sure
We may need help to protect whomever whenever
------------------
Excited to see our new and improved offensive line
------------------
The defensive line, too
------------------
I think we are definitely better than last year, are the rams? They seem like they got worse

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/186543-49ers-rams-pregame-thread-2016-season-week/

811340402.gif

Tavon_Austin_TD.0.gif

giphy.gif

2475184-L.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
----------------
The Rams have an outstanding defense, especially against the run. Gurley is there offense. We all 49er fans know what we have. So sadly I'm going 20-17 Rams. I think we are going to end up one dimensional against them & our QB's & WR's are bad. We will turn the ball over too much it will cost us the game
Well, The 1st guy showed some common sense, then ..
Pretty close to last years season opener, 20-6 niners, the Rams are the worst team in the division IMO.
.. The true 49er Fan's started chiming in!!:rolllaugh:The FOOLS!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Very small cocoons those 9er fans live in San Fran with very little real world contact:alien:. But one thing they do very well is bake sour dough bread.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Damn, maybe the most delusional fan base I've ever seen. We destroyed them last year with Gurley and some of them are predicting a 30-10 victory. I was nervous before but fuck these guys 45-0 Rams.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Check out this guy's comments. It's like he has a time machine and actually attended the game already! LOL!

"The 49ers will march down the field more than last year, but be stopped in Redzone by Gabbert's caution. I believe the 49ers will kick 4 field goals and score two touchdowns in regulation and one fg in OT. The Rams will fail on 2 pt conversion. The Rams will score three touchdowns, but will be inconsistent, with five good scoring drives (3 TD 2 FG) but multiple three and outs.

49ers 29
Rams 26"

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Did any of them mention o n that the Rams played them last year without Gurley and Quinn? Gurley, alone can make a huge difference.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I fancy our chances in this game but it will come down to our Dline, I think our offense will move the ball on the Rams, as good as the Rams DT's are, I believe our oline is right up there and we should be able to slow down Donald and Brockers at the least.
Leave it to a whiner fan to say "fancy our chances."
Probably wears Uggs too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So the fans with Blaine Gabbert as their starter at QB thinks they win because we have Keenum as our starter?

Okeee!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Um...

"49ers going to score 24 Rams going to score 17 , we are going to have over 300 yards rushing , Go 49ers . 1-0 next Sunday going to be different."

How freaking delusional are these guys? I have no idea what's going to happen. I'm pretty optimistic about our team but I would never say something as dumb as this. Cuz yeah, our D has given up that many yards in the last 100 years.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
you know its football time when you see a "what the ***** fans are saying " thread

ive missed these so much

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What they have going for them is this team does not get up for games they should win. And this is one they should dominate.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Too much hatred in this world and this is just discussing a week 1 rival match up. Unreal how society portrays. I can only imagine.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I am a bit concerned with our secondary but the defense will completely shut down their running game. the 9er defense is a shell of its former self. any given Sunday(or Monday in this case) but I expect the rams to win this one.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Lots of faith in Blaine Gabbert....Should be fun....Hopefully Goff gets a few reps....at the end of this laughter...

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
blaine gabbert ? qb leading them to the promised land ?? of what, top 5 pick next year?? good grief lucy.
Year 2015 and 2014
Team 49ers
hyde stats (currently under concussion protocol)
ATT 198
YDS 803
AVG 4.1
TD 7
REC 23

Todd Gurley (currently healthy)

Rams
ATT 229
YDS 1,106
AVG 4.8
TD 10
REC 21

hmmmmm. took mr gurley 1 season to match 2 seasons of carlos hyde. on top of returning from major knee surgery 11 months prior.

if they put 8 or 9 in the box and force keenum to throw, maybe they could pull one out of their posterior. if Gurley gashes them early, that makes it all the easier. 17-10. the Rams will make us sweat it out.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 Sportsbook Champion
Lmao he said they should move Rey Rey Armstrong inside LB! I hope they just play him so we can get 2-4 unsportsmanlike conduct calls our way extra ‼️