PREGAME Week 2 - Falcons at Rams - Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was just about to start a thread like this. I don't know why, but I feel pretty good about a Rams win vs the Falcons. They played good in a loss and we didn't, but I like the attitude I've heard from the Rams after a loss. MxVay will have the team ready to play and it might turn out a big win.

Psycho_X

Legend
This the kind of game Wagner and Jones new partnership should take center stage with the dynamic Cordarelle Patterson running out of backfield and scrambling Mariota coming to town. They aren't slouches on offense but lack playmakers on the outside. Should be a good game to get right on while featuring our ILB'er tandem.

jap

Legend
Living here in Atlanta, I have had one of my Dirty Birds friends 'warning' me about the Week Two meeting with Atlanta for a couple months now. He's a very, very good guy and one of the hardest & most thorough workers I have ever seen, but boy!, did he pick the wrong time to crow about his Dirty Birds!!! After a shameful loss like we endured last Thursday, ya have to know the Leprechaun is gonna have this team spouting fire & brimstone at all comers! Expect AD99 to reach the century mark in career sacks. Jalen is going to be rabid about redeeming himself and his secondary crew. It's high time for Cam to rte-emerge as a marque feature back. And Alan Robinson has yuet to make a definitive, "Hello, I'm the new Horn! Welcome to my world!" statement. As if leading the Horns to a comeback Super Bowl victory was not enough, the former Lion King must re-establish himself as ther true Ramrod og the LA offense. The weather forecast in LA this Sunday does not appear very rosy for the Dirty Birds!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Some things I'd like to see...

1. OL cohesion (sorely lacking in opener);
2. A-Rob involved.
3. CBs challenging WRs closer to LOS.
4. Ramsey neutralizing Kyle Pitts (if he's not going to match-up on an outside WR).
5. Akers involved.

I think we see a different team this Sunday.

Rams 30
Falcons 13

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'll be at this game as I had it marked as one of the easier home games to bring my son to watch a W. That said, I certainly hope they are not looking past this game. As we saw last week, the Falcons are a tough gritty team. They may not have the huge names, but they were more in sync then we were in game 1. Patterson went off and Mariota was pretty effective with his arm and legs. They also got a good amount of pressure on Winston. We better be bringing our A game.

Establish the run or, if it isn't working at all like last week, don't just continue doing it every single first down like clockwork. Swing passes out to the RB's or run some short slants on 1st. The predictability last game was atrocious.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some things I'd like to see...

1. OL cohesion (sorely lacking in opener);
2. A-Rob involved.
3. CBs challenging WRs closer to LOS.
4. Ramsey neutralizing Kyle Pitts (if he's not going to match-up on an outside WR).
5. Akers involved.

I think we see a different team this Sunday.

Rams 30
Falcons 13
That looks like a complete list to me. I’d add… it would be awesome to see a big play from Atwell.

dang

Legend
Couple of thoughts:
-Jefferson better get back soon or the Rams may move on without him.
-Higbee better show better effort and focus or maybe he needs to split time with Hopkins.
-Let TLewis off the leash
-Uncork Akers. He’s the key to RB success this year.
-Call quicker pass plays. It worked for Josh Allen last week and he like to throw deep
-Skow is below average at best. Maybe activate McCutch and work him in a bit.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

5243A9C9-B0DB-4C23-8EBE-068ABF22B706.png

D0196B8A-CAF9-4692-803F-3F7D23229FBB.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

First Look: Rams host Falcons at SoFi Stadium in Week 2​

The Rams are home for the second-straight week, taking on the Falcons at SoFi Stadium in Week 2. Kickoff in Inglewood on Sunday, September 18 is scheduled for 1:05 p.m. pacific time on FOX.

In advance of the contest, here is your First Look at the Falcons:

Notable Falcons additions

Signed QB Marcus Mariota to a 2-year deal in March: The Falcons are still sorting through who will succeed Matt Ryan after trading Ryan to the Colts earlier this offseason. Enter Mariota, who has familiarity with Falcons head coach Arthur Smith when Smith was offensive coordinator for the Titans.

Selected WR Drake London No. 8 overall in this year's draft: Wide receiver was a big need in wake of Calvin Ridley's indefinite suspension, so Atlanta used its highest 2022 draft pick on London, a former USC standout.

Top performers in Week 1

Mariota completed 20 of 33 passes for 215 yards.

RB Cordarrelle Patterson led the ground game with 22 carries for 120 yards and one touchdown; Mariota also rushed 12 times for 72 yards and one touchdown.

London finished as Atlanta's leading receiver with five catches for 74 yards.
DT Grady Jarrett's 1.5 sacks, two QB hits and five total tackles paced the Falcons defense.

On special teams, K Younghoe Koo made 4 of 5 field goal attempts (game-winning 63-yard attempt blocked), while P Bradley Pinion averaged 45 yards per punt across four punts.

Early storylines to watch for, and what they mean for the Rams

Similar to last week, all eyes will be on the trenches, but for a different reason.

A re-shuffled Rams offensive line due to injuries will be going up against a Falcons defensive front that, besides getting four sacks, also got consistent pressure against the Saints in Week 1. Statistically, Jarrett was their most disruptive defensive lineman.

Thus, Week 2 presents another strong test for Los Angeles when it comes to protecting its quarterback.

Beyond the play at the line of scrimmage, it will be also be interesting to watch Rams running back Cam Akers and wide receiver Allen Robinson II this week.

Akers had just three carries in Week 1, and head coach Sean McVay the day after the game said that "there were some instances where there were some positive things and some things that he can do better, but do want to see just an increased level of urgency and accountability snap in and snap out from him."

As for Robinson, McVay on The Coach McVay Show this week said "I've got to do a better job of getting him involved" after Robinson was targeted twice and finished with just one catch for 12 yards in the opener.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Hopefully this game will be the type the makes week 1 a throw away. There’s always a clunker every year, having ours vs the bills is not the worst thing. Winning the next 9 games (all nfc opponents) is more important.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am never confident after an ass beating. Even though I know McVay will turn things around. I don't like the way our defense looked, I don't like the physicality of the opponent's run game, and I don't like the way our OL played in week one. But somehow I think we're going to win. :beer2::woozy2:

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Truth be told, I'm more concerned about our offense than our defense for this particular game. But it's almost a must win after losing the first game.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
We win this thing going away....have faith Rams fans.

Akers has a solid game
Wagner has a solid game
Ramsey has a solid game'
Brandon Powell has much better game than last week
The O line looks better but has room for improvement....not unlike last year....

Lets get it done.