Week 1 Snap Counts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Nah. He left the Rams just as we hit our peak.

His loss.

He took the money as a free agent, as is his right. I still think he was a loyal soldier for four years, and now he came back when expectations weren't that high.

I welcome him back with open arms, and I'd welcome Kenny Young back as well; he can't possibly be any worse than Reeder/Rozeboom/Hummel, right?

dang

Legend
No idea what JJ has left but Fuller and Yeast look like a solid pairing at the very least.

One change I expect to see as we go forward is more snaps for Lake and fewer for Rozeboom. Credit to him for winning that role and playing a solid game but it's an area where we should be able to improve with internal options, those being safety depth types who should give us more mobility at least.

Also Hoecht looks like he's not gonna be able to provide a consistent contain for us. I was hoping he'd trim down and be more mobile, but his contain issues seem to be at least partially mental which is not good to see after a full offseason. In many ways he's like a rook transitioning to his second season at edge but I was expecting some improvement there and he hasn't really improved. He's going to need to show improvement quickly, as in this weekend vs SF, or he might find himself behind Van Valkenburg.

But I have zero real complaints with our defense. Even Kendrick who was so maligned by many here to include myself had a good game. Immensely happy with the way they played and hope it continues.
I only followed the game thru Redzone (going to get YouTube going forward) but I saw that terrible play by Kendrick on the D(ic)K Metcalf TD. So if he had a good game despite that costly brain fart play then that’s very positive.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Whilst I fully understand your perspective, I’m sure that the Rams’ offer wasn’t a half-eaten cheese sandwich and a bag of crisps.

He left us; his decision.

Would you not leave a job for an equal job that pays significantly more money (I don't think our offer was a half-eaten cheese sandwich and chips, but certainly a lot less than the market, and certainly a lot less than the Browns.)? I certainly would. And now he's come back to us, even though a lot of us fans did not have Super Bowl expectations.

It's the same reason why I would gladly welcome back Greg Gaines when he's a free agent after this year. Players have every right to play for the team they want to play for after they've served their contract. As Tom Hagen once said, "It's business, not personal."

Memento

Name
Jemma
Or those who pay the most?

If that's what they want, I won't judge them for it. Football careers, for the most part, average three years, and injuries are all but guaranteed. I don't judge football, hockey, or basketball (yes, basketball is a much tougher sport than you think; I played it for two years, and I saw one kid on my team break his shin going for a ball.) players for wanting to get the most money they can.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
If that's what they want, I won't judge them for it. Football careers, for the most part, average three years, and injuries are all but guaranteed. I don't judge football, hockey, or basketball (yes, basketball is a much tougher sport than you think; I played it for two years, and I saw one kid on my team break his shin going for a ball.) players for wanting to get the most money they can.
I don’t begrudge anybody for maximising their potential earnings. However, I’d expect sportspeople to be honest when they simply accept the most lucrative offer.

“Yeah, this team is shit but they’re paying me bucketloads of money”

Is it really that difficult?

Memento

Name
Jemma
I don’t begrudge anybody for maximising their potential earnings. However, I’d expect sportspeople to be honest when they simply accept the most lucrative offer.

“Yeah, this team is shit but they’re paying me bucketloads of money”

Is it really that difficult?

You never know which team is going to be shit. There are 32 teams in the NFL, and the NFL, in particular, has the biggest amount of parity in every sport in the world. You don't know which teams are going to be good or bad from year to year, and the Browns actually have a solid secondary (and Baker Mayfield, at the time, was regarded as a young stud quarterback) so I can understand why he'd go there for more money.

Obviously, it didn't work out for JJ3; he played only two years of the contract before getting released. I do admittedly feel more for Kenny Young, getting dealt right at the deadline for Miller the year we won, and - especially - Michael Brockers, who was awesome for many years before being dealt to the Lions as well as Goff.

But sportspeople are being honest when they say, "It's a business." Because it is a business. They say that to not alienate fans who will think them "greedy" for leaving for more money. So, really, they aren't in a winning situation no matter what they do - so it really is that difficult.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
the NFL, in particular, has the biggest amount of parity in every sport in the world.
I’ll politely disagree with you there.

The fact that both the Patriots and the Saints won the Superbowl after major events was nothing to do with political messaging.

Honest.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I’ll politely disagree with you there.

The fact that both the Patriots and the Saints won the Superbowl after major events was nothing to do with political messaging.

Honest.

Let's not go there. Please.

But to my point, in baseball, the same teams are good and the same teams are terrible. Basketball's parity is even worse. Hockey is probably the most after the NFL, but even they have less than the NFL.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I won’t take it any further, but everyone knows the truth.

And I will disagree with you on that. That's all I'm going to say.

Anyway, snap counts. Yeah, I bet THT is undergoing a learning experience. He'll probably get more time next week if Witherspoon's injury from Metcalf's cheap shot is worse than feared.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I only followed the game thru Redzone (going to get YouTube going forward) but I saw that terrible play by Kendrick on the D(ic)K Metcalf TD. So if he had a good game despite that costly brain fart play then that’s very positive.
Yeah he might be limited in the wheels department but he's definitely got the right mindset for corner. I am happy to have no complaints with him in that game. You're gonna get beat at times, especially vs a freak like Metcalf. He rebounded nicely and locked shit down.

I think the key with a guy like him is ensuring his usage is correct. He's pretty good on the underneath stuff, and physical when he wants to be, uses the sideline well. Just gotta protect him a bit with your calls like Sherm. Either way I'm reaching a comfort zone with him quickly if he continues playing like he just did.