We Need a Different Stat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It drives me crazy when I hear low information scumbags. professionals or otherwise, mindlessly repeat the narrative that Stafford is going to give you one every game. Meaning, he is a reckless gunslinger who will throw a bad interception every game. Of the two interceptions he threw vs the Niners, you could argue both were not his fault. Van Jefferson needs to run better routes and he needs to fight for the ball, but I am not including that Int in the discussion of a different stat.

Matthew threw a perfect ball to Kyren and he batted it up for a Niner to catch. If memory serves, the ball hit him in the chest and he batted it up.

This was not Stafford's fault and should not be held against him.. There should be a receiver Fuck Up stat = RFU, along with true error interceptions by the QB.

What do you think?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The 2nd INT might have been partially on him, but the first one was not. He'll just have to throw more TDs to make up for it.

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
The 2nd INT might have been partially on him, but the first one was not. He'll just have to throw more TDs to make up for it.
If you're in a timing pass offence, especially one with lots of "Choice" routes, any differing interpretation of a defensive rotation or miscommunication will result in INTs. You're throwing to spot in the expectation that that's where the receiver will be when it arrives.

So yes, you're gonna get interceptions. But when you're on and the mutual understanding with the WR is perfect (eg Kupp, now Puka) you're gonna be very hard to stop.

BC

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

This was not Stafford's fault and should not be held against him.. There should be a receiver Fuck Up stat = RFU, along with true error interceptions by the QB.

What do you think?

What about the passes that hit a defender in the hands for an easy pick but are dropped?

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
What about the passes that hit a defender in the hands for an easy pick but are dropped?
My comment was related to the sometime reputation of Stafford's gunslinger attitude getting the Rams in trouble.

BC

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Different stat ?

I'll just settle for the 2024 Lombardi Trophy.

1695174323147.png

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Jesus Christ!
What in the fuck is wrong with you guys.
Stafford is fucking gold, and anyone who does not see this is an idiot. And knows fuck all about football.
Yeah I said it.
WTF?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Why yes. Someone did - suggesting that Stafford was a gunslinger - which by the way I heartily endorse.

If I overreacted - so what?

In the history of the NFL, I want to see who did better in the 4 playoff games.

I’ll wait.

Just tired of twats spouting bullshit.

And may not have happened in this thread, but I’m on record.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Jesus Christ!
What in the fuck is wrong with you guys.
Stafford is fucking gold, and anyone who does not see this is an idiot. And knows fuck all about football.
Yeah I said it.
WTF?
Offensive much ?
Yeah, I said it.

tempests

Hall of Fame
PFF has a stat called turnover worthy plays. They won't dock a QB if his receiver deflects a would be catch up into the air.

As Stafford goes, his reputation for taking unnecessary risks is both documented and earned, AFAIC.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Phil Simms tells a story about Bill Parcells. IIRC he said it was before a game early in his career and Parcells tells him "if you don't throw a couple of interceptions today, you're not being aggressive enough". Point is, Stafford is aggressive and that's what wins in the NFL. He believes he can throw the ball through a straw. I would rather have that than a tenetive QB who eats the ball 3 times a game. Stafford led the NFL in picks in 2021 (and IIRC pick 6's) with 17 (tied with Lawrence). He was also 2nd in TDs (41) and 3rd in passing yards (4886). Don't change a thing.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
17 in 2021
8 in 2022
2 in 2023 so far.
The narrative is quite correct.
Turnovers come with beings aggressive.