We got lucky

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Before the season started I really didn't like when our bye was. I much prefer to have byes later in the year so that we can heal up a little. Having the bye next week is really going to be beneficial for us. We can really use the extra practice to get our shit together.

I say we got lucky because if the NFL knew we might like it they'd never have given it to us. :LOL:

I just threw that last part in for conspiracy fans among us. :ROFLMAO:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's got to be a tough vibe heading into the bye.

What could have been?

2-1 vs 1–2

It's still early, tho. Can turn around.

Yet, Disappointed in the slow starts under Fisher.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
We need this bye week to step up, change a lot of things, and come back out a different team. Also, with all the injuries we have, it's nice to get a break for them to heal up and come back healthy after the bye.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Before the season started I really didn't like when our bye was. I much prefer to have byes later in the year so that we can heal up a little. Having the bye next week is really going to be beneficial for us. We can really use the extra practice to get our crap together.

I say we got lucky because if the NFL knew we might like it they'd never have given it to us. :LOL:

I hate to sound like a pessimist but somehow after today I don't feel too lucky! I just don't think there is any excuse to lose a game when you had a 21-0 lead!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Yea, two weeks to pickle on that painful loss is just what we need around here.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
After today, I have mailed it in. The Fisher/Snead team has failed. I will always support my team, but I have come to understand that there is no way the good guys will contend until this regime is forced to move on.

The go along to get along guy has coached for 20 freaking years! He has only 6 seasons worth of double digit wins. His teams are 4-6 in the post season. 4-6... Over 20 freaking years!

I am by nature an optimist, but after today, I have moved on. Fisher IS the problem. His long career of mediocrity is legendary, and it is on record. Who else has ever had a .532 winning percentage that was able to coach for 20 years?

I will continue to attend games and support my team, but Fisher has got a big vote of no confidence from me today. This team will never win with the current regime IMO.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Before the season started I really didn't like when our bye was. I much prefer to have byes later in the year so that we can heal up a little. Having the bye next week is really going to be beneficial for us. We can really use the extra practice to get our crap together.

Agreed. Im expecting a drastically different team to show up after our bye week. Especially on defense, I'm expecting the defense that we all envisioned to show up. Maybe that's just me being naive, but I still expect it nonetheless.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Gb, SF, Indy etc.......All 1-2.

Would we have been less frustrated today, if Davis hadn't played well the last two weeks?
I'm frustrated after giving this game away, but two weeks ago I was expecting a blow out.

Our offense can get the job done. We should feel some relief from knowing that.

We know this d can play well. We saw it last season.
We should come out of the bye week swinging.

CodeMonkey

Agreed. Im expecting a drastically different team to show up after our bye week. Especially on defense, I'm expecting the defense that we all envisioned to show up. Maybe that's just me being naive, but I still expect it nonetheless.
Thats what we said about today though...

Someone said that GW's scheme is feast or famine. Well, like me, I'm sure you guys feel pretty hungry too. Come on FEAST!!!!! We're starving here.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
We need this bye week to step up, change a lot of things, and come back out a different team. Also, with all the injuries we have, it's nice to get a break for them to heal up and come back healthy after the bye.

If you mean different team, then I hope it's a different defense. I'm fine with the offense's performance sans the Cook drop and the botched snap by Wells. We should have an advantage against the Iggles in 2 weeks seeing that they'll be beaten up by the Whiners.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Gb, SF, Indy etc.......All 1-2.

Would we have been less frustrated today, if Davis hadn't played well the last two weeks?
I'm frustrated after giving this game away, but two weeks ago I was expecting a blow out.

Our offense can get the job done. We should feel some relief from knowing that.

We know this d can play well. We saw it last season.
We should come out of the bye week swinging.

Fun fact: We're also 3rd place in the NFC West after the Whiners lost to a division rival.

CodeMonkey

We were able to hang 31 points on offense with a guy in his second start. Up 21 to nothing at one point. That's a damn impressive start. If I told you that was going to happen, I bet you would guess we win. Stacy was running well but only had 12 carries. Offense was not the problem today. They could have scored a time or two more but we should have won that one regardless. I find it very ironic that it was a most "Cowboy Like" performance of the Rams today. By "cowboy like", I mean that the offense cant score enough points to win games even if its 50 as in that loss to denver last year.

CodeMonkey

Were going undefeated from here on out and I dont want to hear differently. (Thats just the type of fan I am)
Hey, Im with you there bud. I'm not jumping ship. But this defense better be more of the feast variety going forward. Let's hope they do take this two weeks to get to the level we all know they should be.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler

I expect the defense to show up after the bye week as well, but with our luck while the defense will show up the freakin offense won't. We can never seem to get the two to click at one time.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I expect the defense to show up after the bye week as well, but with our luck while the defense will show up the freakin offense won't. We can never seem to get the two to click at one time.
Wouldnt surprise me one bit. But thats just a day in the life of a rams fan. All we can do is hope for the best.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I hope we use this time as a training camp with pads, adjusting and working on the execution of things. Scrapping things that are not working , giving AD a mini training camp and getting ready to play game 4. We have got to execute better whether we do it with philosophy or execution is the job of the staff.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The biggest thing this bye week might do for us is give us an extra week to get Trumaine Johnson in the lineup. I think he makes a big difference on D.