We are now a much better team than last year, huh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Rodgers wizardry in the pocket still scares me. Dude's like a mix between a ballerina and a martial artist.

All true. This is going to be a huge test for the Rams especially without tree.

Our guys know a few things too so making him look mortal would be awesome. We may even start getting respect from opposing fans. One Card fan tried to tell me our D line was OK and secondary sucked. Haven't heard back from him for some reason.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
All true. This is going to be a huge test for the Rams especially without tree.

Our guys know a few things too so making him look mortal would be awesome. We may even start getting respect from opposing fans. One Card fan tried to tell me our D line was OK and secondary sucked. Haven't heard back from him for some reason.

We better need to play tighter man because he throws to Cobb in the flat every chance he gets in the RZ.....oh yea, and watch out for the hard count.
I'm not afraid of the draw to Lacy. Those type of plays favor Donald's style.

If we are not ready to play GB, then we are not ready for the playoffs.

RamzFanz

Damnit
We better need to play tighter man because he throws to Cobb in the flat every chance he gets in the RZ.....oh yea, and watch out for the hard count.
I'm not afraid of the draw to Lacy. Those type of plays favor Donald's style.

I'm worried about the hard count too.

I'm not on board with this being a game that indicates our fate this season. It's still so early for everything. Unless we own them. Then I explode homerism all over the net.

A55VA6

Legend
I just want to see consistency. Win multiple games in a row, win games that you're supposed to, and steal a couple where you're expected to lose.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This next game is a big test and a preview of the NFC title game this year. yep, I just went full on Homer on yer asses! Their Aaron is fixing to meet our Aaron! And THAT will be the key to this matchup. Rodgers reminded me of Fran Tarkenton this past week in the pocket. One of his amazing spins out of the pocket and back in to fire a strike is exactly where Donald will be with his push up the middle. That same move of Rodgers will result in a sack or altered throw this coming Sunday. I'm not delusional because I know we are fixing to play the best QB in the league in his house but I'm saying it won't come easy for him this week.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm very happy about the win. Gurley was impressive. Foles played well. Austin seems like he gets it now.

But before I proclaim this team a playoff team I want to see how they follow a good win. Can they maintain that level?

In any event, after seeing the schedule I woulda gladly taken 2-3 at the bye. Now that is worst they can be. And the schedule gets easier after the bye.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have to say that our O-line was abysmal in the first half. There was always a defender in the backfield on run plays. They did better for some of the second half but for the most part still looked awfully rough. That said, I feel WAY better about the guys we have on the line now versus at any point last year. I thought the O-line had its moments last year too but I think this O-line will just get better and got a good taste Sunday. That really seemed like an "Ah Ha!" game for them. These kids will learn when the guys from last year knew how to do it but physically couldn't get it done. They were playing as good as they ever would.

I like a lot of the adjustments being made by Cigs. I like that TA is finally actually being used and that we appear to have a real elite RB that will get us those yards we simply have to have when the defense knows we are going to run it. And it is also those plays that will sometimes result in no one back to stop Gurley once he breaks through to the second level. Part of the problem with stacking the box is that if the RB breaks through, who is there to stop him?

I am really getting tired of what just looks like a poor effort by Cook. A tight end needs to take advantage of size and strength IMO. And Cook just looks weak in both his desire and owning the ball. That's your ball Cookie. Own it.

Our defense is just plain very good. I didn't like the game from TJ but he had some pretty tough match-ups. I thought the two PI calls were BS so taking those away, our CBs did a great job overall. JL was more than solid. He was a stud.

Now - if the offense progresses - and I think they will - the defense will only get better because they won't be on the field so much and will be able to play looser and more aggressive.

Given what I am seeing throughout the NFL this season - yeah - I still like our chances. And this team in the playoffs? Who wants to discount them or play against them?

A55VA6

Legend
I have to say that our O-line was abysmal in the first half. There was always a defender in the backfield on run plays. They did better for some of the second half but for the most part still looked awfully rough. That said, I feel WAY better about the guys we have on the line now versus at any point last year. I thought the O-line had its moments last year too but I think this O-line will just get better and got a good taste Sunday. That really seemed like an "Ah Ha!" game for them. These kids will learn when the guys from last year knew how to do it but physically couldn't get it done. They were playing as good as they ever would.

I like a lot of the adjustments being made by Cigs. I like that TA is finally actually being used and that we appear to have a real elite RB that will get us those yards we simply have to have when the defense knows we are going to run it. And it is also those plays that will sometimes result in no one back to stop Gurley once he breaks through to the second level. Part of the problem with stacking the box is that if the RB breaks through, who is there to stop him?

I am really getting tired of what just looks like a poor effort by Cook. A tight end needs to take advantage of size and strength IMO. And Cook just looks weak in both his desire and owning the ball. That's your ball Cookie. Own it.

Our defense is just plain very good. I didn't like the game from TJ but he had some pretty tough match-ups. I thought the two PI calls were BS so taking those away, our CBs did a great job overall. JL was more than solid. He was a stud.

Now - if the offense progresses - and I think they will - the defense will only get better because they won't be on the field so much and will be able to play looser and more aggressive.

Given what I am seeing throughout the NFL this season - yeah - I still like our chances. And this team in the playoffs? Who wants to discount them or play against them?
Agree on all counts (y)(y)

TXRams86

The Infamous
it's a good thing we're playing in lambeau next week and not a month or two from now.
the weather could really be a disadvantage to us in november/december.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'm glad about the win, but I'm baiting my anticipation til Green Bay. We were singing this song right after Seattle and look what happened. I'm not expecting us to blow out Green Bay, but we need to come to play and not fall into that post beat up on a division rival hangover.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
it's a good thing we're playing in lambeau next week and not a month or two from now.
the weather could really be a disadvantage to us in november/december.
Agree - but if the O-line continues to build confidence and figures out how to run block like they did in the second half, Gurley and Benny are the perfect weapons in crappy weather games. Throw a little Harkey in there and you have the makings for true smash mouth ball which translates well to bad weather.

Ramatik

Starter
If they do the same thing in GBay, I may start to believe a little more. I always hope for the best. But this team is young and really learning. I am prepared for some more let downs.

bskrilla

Starter

I worry we may not be ready to play GB right NOW, but come the second half of the season, as the Oline gets more time togehter, we would be.

So I'd argue not being able to handle GB in week 5 isn't an indicator of if we'd be a playoff ready team come December.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I worry we may not be ready to play GB right NOW, but come the second half of the season, as the Oline gets more time togehter, we would be.

So I'd argue not being able to handle GB in week 5 isn't an indicator of if we'd be a playoff ready team come December.
One week at a time.

Every year is different... it takes at least half the season to begin to figure out who the contenders are (who played well to start the season) and who the pretenders are (who played well to start the season).

However, we really need to show up emotionally. It's the games where the Rams appear disinterested that drive me bananas.

Show up emotionally, play hard, stay disciplined and the score should reflect that.

walt189

UDFA
Name
Walt
I'm glad about the win, but I'm baiting my anticipation til Green Bay. We were singing this song right after Seattle and look what happened. I'm not expecting us to blow out Green Bay, but we need to come to play and not fall into that post beat up on a division rival hangover.

If the Rams have a problem getting up for the team that is being talked up as the Super Bowl favorites, they're not playoff material. This ain't baseball where "we'll get 'em next time". Post season there IS no next time.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing

I did not intend for this to be interpreted as week 5 being an indicator. I'm just saying to be a true playoff contender, we should be able to look at every game on our schedule and say that's a winnable game with confidence. We may not be there now, but we can be that team soon if every thing clicks consistently week after week.