We are now a much better team than last year, huh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Not that I think we've "arrived", of course. We're a 10 1/2 point underdog to the Packers, after all.

But, man.....

We now have not only a legitimate starting QB, but an above average one, at that. A 96.5 QBR with 5-1 TD to int ratio. And getting more comfortable every week, it seems.

We now have a stud playmaker type RB in Gurley. Nobody is regretting that pick today, I'm sure.

Our OL is showing signs of gelling. This will probably continue to improve all year long. Anybody not happier with this young OL rather than last year's version?

Tavon Austin can play at this level! We had an O threat sitting right under our noses.

Our D is playing as a unit (except for the danged Redskin game) right from the jump instead of waiting until midseason like last year.

I think most of us would agree that Cigs is doing a better job than Schotty did in terms of posing creativity and unpredictability problems for the opposing D. And let's be honest, Tavon never looked this good under Schotty.

Yeah, Cook is now a bit of a weak link. Hopefully, he will get enthused and join the O party.

And the OL is still a work in progress. Probably will be all season long. But there is now cause for optimism there, isn't there?

This '15 Ram version would mop the floor with the '14 version, don't you think?

I'm once again smelling playoffs, fellas.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Our D is playing as a unit (except for the danged Redskin game) right from the jump instead of waiting until midseason like last year.
They should game plan like they're going against the best each week. You can't underestimate guys like that rookie back out of Washington.

And let's be honest, Tavon never looked this good under Schotty.
He looked pretty good against Indianapolis that one time.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
They should game plan like they're going against the best each week. You can't underestimate guys like that rookie back out of Washington.

He looked pretty good against Indianapolis that one time.
I agree that the Indianapolis game was his best game but I agree with the OP that Cigs has been more consistent in letting Tavon be more successful than Schotty ever did.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Here's the way I'm seeing it 43:

This OL is going to be very good. I don't know when, but they're already respectable. Not unreasonable to think this team will have an improving unit as the season progresses which I hope will mean the consistent offensive effort that is sorely needed.

Cigs is a solid OC. I am very happy with the play design, gameplanning, and gameday calls.

Defense has yet to peak, and I think the Gaines injury was an enormous hit for this unit and part of the problem as Williams had to adjust for his absence with Joyner. Also the Ogletree injury is also significant and will probably be harder to overcome due to nobody being anywhere near his level on the depth chart. The good thing is Williams is the kind of quality DC who should be able to adjust. I foresee big things from Barron the rest of the way.

Very impressed by Foles. He isn't a fantasy all star, and isn't gonna wow everyone, but he is a winner. Glad he's our QB.

I think GB is a game the Rams can win, but the bigger fear for me is whether this team has matured to the point where they can win the "easy" games. Regardless of what happens against GB that is what will determine whether we get to see this team in the playoffs or not.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I agree that the Indianapolis game was his best game but I agree with the OP that Cigs has been more consistent in letting Tavon be more successful than Schotty ever did.
I am not lobbying for Schotty to come back, just stating that Austin had a good game while Schotty was making the calls.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Point blank we where a better team even before the season begin. Just for the simple facts they went out and found guys for the offensive line in the draft, drafted Gurley, and many players are now in there 2nd or 3rd year that we can depend on.

But at the same time we have to keep calm, we got hyped like this after week one. I want to see the Rams to go up to Green Bay and play the same way they have against Seattle and Arizona. If we can do that maybe again we can leak out a victory against one of the best QB's in the league.

And that O LIne is starting to gel but the vision and the speed of Gurley has made them better. You have to give Cigs credit for staying not only with the run but also getting Tavon Austin involved. Foles for hanging in the pocket and making plays and looking down field deserves acknowledgement as well.

fancents86

Starter
Very happy with how we looked in the second half, but we need to look like that in both halves. I'll keep my opinions of how we are until a couple more weeks an see if there is any consistency. That has been the problem with the Snisher era.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm going to refrain from calling us a play off team UNTIL we put together back to back wins. BUT...

We now seem to have an RB that teams are going to be scared of... which opens up up our WRs... which gives TA some space... which brings us TDs

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just have one BIG Question! Quick was supposed to be active this last week-end, In ever saw him in the game, and haven't heard anything about him. I know he could have helped! What's up!?!

Big Game

Living The Dream
I just have one BIG Question! Quick was supposed to be active this last week-end, In ever saw him in the game, and haven't heard anything about him. I know he could have helped! What's up!?!

He played yesterday but i think less then a handful of snaps.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yeah, Cook is now a bit of a weak link. Hopefully, he will get enthused and join the O party.
I'm guessing Cook will come around shortly...I have supreme faith....

Great game by Foles....He's starting to throw a lil more accurately, and sees the field...

Cigs too....

O-Line solid....
Still too many plays on the D...D needs to stiffen up!

@DaveFan'51

Quick played 6 plays...... No targets.....

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm not sure where the Rams are at this point...but I know they're better!!!

Being 10.5 underdogs simply means there are unbelievers out there...so I guess the Rams have to show them!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm going to refrain from calling us a play off team UNTIL we put together back to back wins. BUT...

We now seem to have an RB that teams are going to be scared of... which opens up up our WRs... which gives TA some space... which brings us TDs
Yeah... they came alive in the second half... but - it was only one half.

I'll need to see a more consistent pattern of productive offense before I think about playoffs.

Defense, obviously, is doing very well... as are special teams.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I saw him in for one snap, but that was it

RamzFanz

Damnit
The Rams have a super bowl contender caliber Defense and Special Teams.

This O could catch up or at least become dependable. This is the year for TA. Dude is slick as an eel.

Gurley...:yess: Foles...:yess: D line...:yess:

It's all coming together. Still a ways to go though.

A few weeks ago I said GB was 99% a loss. I'm changing to 40% a win. These early games have just been hard as nails. I'm not disappointed AT ALL. Going into GB right now is the biggest challenge we may face all season.

Whether we are 2-3 or 3-2 going into the bye, I'm very optimistic for the season. The gravy games are coming! (y)

Athos

Legend
I'll really believe in this team if we can even just SLOW the god-like Aaron Rodgers down in Lambeau. A feat few, if any, teams have been able to do for years. The Man is a World Pro there. Gonna be hard without Tree though.

Gonna have to use the Todd to keep the ball from him. Only way to beat Rodgers, is to keep the ball out of his dominating right hand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'll really believe in this team if we can even just SLOW the god-like Aaron Rodgers down in Lambeau.

There is some hope here. According to GB fans, they are having major issues at both tackle spots. That's the last thing you want against the Rams. They are stout in the middle according to these fans, but Aaron Donald don't play dat.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Yeah... they came alive in the second half... but - it was only one half.

I'll need to see a more consistent pattern of productive offense before I think about playoffs.

Defense, obviously, is doing very well... as are special teams.

If the Offense can play like they did in the second half against Seattle and Arizona then they'll do well - we were far from perfect - but we still won ;)

and you're right the D and Sts are doing great - lets keep going and please NO injuries :p

Athos

Legend
There is some hope here. According to GB fans, they are having major issues at both tackle spots. That's the last thing you want against the Rams. They are stout in the middle according to these fans, but Aaron Donald don't play dat.

Rodgers wizardry in the pocket still scares me. Dude's like a mix between a ballerina and a martial artist.