Watson looks very good but how good is Houston's defense?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
They shut down the seachicken's run game but is that because they are that good or is Seattle's run game that bad? We will find out in a few weeks. I know Richardson made some circus catches but for the most part those Seattle receivers were wide open.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seattle hasn't had a strong run game in quite some time but the Texans are a decent run team I believe. Their pass defense is absolutely atrocious. As long as we don't give up 4 TDs to Watson we should be okay

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Without Watt and Mercilus that secondary makes them an average at best defense. They are bad at safety and young at CB.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That helps to explain some things, thanks Bonifay.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Goff and Watkins are going to kick that secondary's ass. I feel a BIG win coming.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Seattle hasn't had a strong run game in quite some time but the Texans are a decent run team I believe. Their pass defense is absolutely atrocious. As long as we don't give up 4 TDs to Watson we should be okay
The Texans made the Hag's one dementional, the Hag's could only pass against them, and then the Texans couldn't stop the pass even though they knew it was coming!:puke:

The Rams have an O-Line, the Hag's don't and we have a run game! and we have McVay and Phillips, I'm not worried too much about the Texans! We'll take-um-Down! But 1st the Giants!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...un-watson-is-the-best-quarterback-weve-faced/

Richard Sherman: Deshaun Watson is the best quarterback we’ve faced
Posted by Mike Florio on October 30, 2017

Even though the Texans lost on Sunday, it feels like they won. Because they now have one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. Not one of the best “young” quarterbacks. One of the best quarterbacks, period.

But don’t take it from me, as if you ever would. Take it from Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, who via Peter King of TheMMQB.com had this to say to Watson after Seattle’s 41-38 win: “‘You played the best game any quarterback has ever played against us, and we’ve played all the legends. I respect how you hung in there and kept battling and battling.'”

To King, Sherman offered this assessment of Watson: “My God, Houston’s so lucky. By next year, he’s going to be a top five quarterback in this league, and that includes the two big dogs [Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers]. He makes you dig to the deepest part of your competitive juices to beat him.”

As if folks in Cleveland didn’t have enough reasons to be upset.

In Houston, folks have plenty of reasons to be happy, apart from the baseball team that’s on the brink of its first World Series title. Their football team could soon be playing for an NFL championship. Until they do (and after they do), they’ll continue to be contenders each and every week, and each and every year, for as long as they have Watson.

And they’d be wise to never let him go.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...un-watson-is-the-best-quarterback-weve-faced/

Richard Sherman: Deshaun Watson is the best quarterback we’ve faced
Posted by Mike Florio on October 30, 2017

Even though the Texans lost on Sunday, it feels like they won. Because they now have one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. Not one of the best “young” quarterbacks. One of the best quarterbacks, period.

But don’t take it from me, as if you ever would. Take it from Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, who via Peter King of TheMMQB.com had this to say to Watson after Seattle’s 41-38 win: “‘You played the best game any quarterback has ever played against us, and we’ve played all the legends. I respect how you hung in there and kept battling and battling.'”

To King, Sherman offered this assessment of Watson: “My God, Houston’s so lucky. By next year, he’s going to be a top five quarterback in this league, and that includes the two big dogs [Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers]. He makes you dig to the deepest part of your competitive juices to beat him.”

As if folks in Cleveland didn’t have enough reasons to be upset.

In Houston, folks have plenty of reasons to be happy, apart from the baseball team that’s on the brink of its first World Series title. Their football team could soon be playing for an NFL championship. Until they do (and after they do), they’ll continue to be contenders each and every week, and each and every year, for as long as they have Watson.

And they’d be wise to never let him go.
Hard to second guess or disagree with Richard here on his comments. Watson is what he was in college......Fabulous!

Is there a better rookie in the NFL than Watson?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Texans made the Hag's one dementional, the Hag's could only pass against them, and then the Texans couldn't stop the pass even though they knew it was coming!:puke:

The Rams have an O-Line, the Hag's don't and we have a run game! and we have McVay and Phillips, I'm not worried too much about the Texans! We'll take-um-Down! But 1st the Giants!

It was comical watching the D bite on SEA's play action every single time. That's what helped on some of those big plays.

Seeing that last SEA touchdown was horrible, how a guy gets that wide open in the red zone is beyond me.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That game looked incredible....almost as good as that Dodger game....

Houston is on the way up as a sports city...

Scirca

Rookie
I don't get it, we are going to pretend he didn't throw a pick six, and another two awful interceptions.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think once teams learn how to play Watson he will be an above average QB but not what you're seeing now.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/10/30/16569238/week-8-winners-and-losers

Winner: Everybody Who Watched Seahawks-Texans
The game of the year took place in Seattle on Sunday: The Seahawks won 41-38, but Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson confirmed he’s perhaps the most exciting player in the league just a couple of months into his rookie season. That might sound like hyperbole, but YO, LOOK AT THIS THING THAT ABSOLUTELY DESERVES HYPERBOLE:

View: https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/924769460522598400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theringer.com%2Fnfl%2F2017%2F10%2F30%2F16569238%2Fweek-8-winners-and-losers

Watson threw for 402 yards and four touchdowns, to go with 67 yards on the ground as well. The last player with 400 passing yards, four touchdowns, and 50 rushing yards in a game? Nobody. Watson’s the first guy ever to do it. No matter how cherry-picked that stat is, Watson’s a damn superstar.

A full 224 of those yards were on passes to fellow Clemson grad DeAndre Hopkins, who finally has somebody good throwing to him. Another 125 were to Will Fuller, who is tied with Hopkins for the league lead in receiving touchdowns despite missing the first three games of the year. Watson likes deep balls.

View: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/924730636618776577?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theringer.com%2Fnfl%2F2017%2F10%2F30%2F16569238%2Fweek-8-winners-and-losers

Ram65

Legend
Watson threw for 402 yards and four touchdowns, to go with 67 yards on the ground as well. The last player with 400 passing yards, four touchdowns, and 50 rushing yards in a game? Nobody. Watson’s the first guy ever to do it. No matter how cherry-picked that stat is, Watson’s a damn superstar.

A full 224 of those yards were on passes to fellow Clemson grad DeAndre Hopkins, who finally has somebody good throwing to him. Another 125 were to Will Fuller, who is tied with Hopkins for the league lead in receiving touchdowns despite missing the first three games of the year. Watson likes deep balls.

Watson was very good almost great. He made some mistakes but, look at those numbers against the Hags. Apparently, he has been throwing well all season long. He does the run option well.

I'm sure the Rams will learn a few things from the tape. I think on the road they will have their hands full. Watson has Hopkins and Fuller who can both fly. Rams secondary will be challenged to guard them for longer when Watson scrambles. I expect Wade to come up with some defenses that confuse Watson. They have to get pressure and containment at the same time. The Rams will have to keep him off the field with the run game and long drives.

How good is Houston's defense?

Clowney looked good but, him and the rest of the line got tired out. The secondary was really bad. I expect some adjustments. The answer off of yesterday is Bad!

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Clowney looked good but, him and the rest of the line got tired out. The secondary was really bad. I expect some adjustments. The answer off of yesterday is Bad!
hey Ram65 did you notice how well the Texan OL (LT/TE) did on Clowney when they chipped him & caused him to redirect his path?? Left non chipped he was hard to block.