watched the Falcons, they are slow

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I wasn't very impressed with the Falcons on either side of the ball.

Julio is the only guy with any speed. The rest of that team is old and slow. Ryan is an excellent QB, but outside of him I think they are way overrated.

I think the Rams are so much faster than the Falcons. If they can just keep the TO battle even they can win.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Who won the race between the turtle and the hare? It won't matter how fast we are if we keep making mistakes.

pcdesloge

UDFA
Just don't say they play 'old man' football. The last Missouri team that said that about a Georgia team didn't fare too well.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope the OPs observations are right. If this young Rams team can clean up the mistakes they should have a good chance to win.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I really like the sound of that Max. I believe you are on to something here.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The looked slow yes but I bet they are very focused & hot about that lost in NO.

The OL had some issues against the Saints new 34 defense but they are a very good OL it's weak point is @ ORT. Its very strong center OLG & OLT. Long & Quinn should be able to place heat from the outside & force Ryan to step up. That's the problem neither Brockers nor Langford have any edge inside with All pro Blaylock, Konz & Renyolds. Langford has Blaylock in his face. Baker has had problems with speeders before but usually works thru it & ends up well. Its really Chris Long's day to be had! Brockers did not have much to say last Sunday. DC Walton needs to get some pressure up the middle on Ryan to take him out of his game.

WR J.Jones is the bonified true speed but we should recall that JJ & Jones have locked up many times in the past in the SEC. JJ & Jones should offer up some very good entertainment. JJ should come out well.

I believe that if the Rams can control the penalties against themselves they can & will win. Upsetting the NFL world. There is a good chance the game will be blacked out on my paid NFL Ticket on Direct TV ....due to where I live here in NWFL. The Saints-Jags & Falcon games get blacken'd often here make me hot after you pay for full coverage & they fail to deliver. The Rams play all three of those teams this yr.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I KNOW we are faster on defense than they are on offense, Sj helped make that a reality,if their d is slow we've got a great chance to have a signature game here.

I think if our opening day was "jitters" we have an excellent chance to win .

I wanted to go to this game ,but it appears I won't be ,hope all you RODers who do find Selassie and have him show you the town ,sumthin' tells me he'll know where Atlanta's g spot is :ww:

BTW I have that game on video ,I think I'll watch it this evening and come back with a report on what I see.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I was planning on going to this one solo bono , BUT , unfortunately I have a few too many other things going to justify my trip up to the atl. The wife and I are taking an expensive trip out of the country in about a month so. I was hoping to link up with RamHusker... he's still going.

Fun entertainment CAN be found in and around Hot-lanta.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey, I'm not saying we will beat the Falcons, just that there is a better chance than most people think.

The key is getting to Ryan. If our DL can get to him early and keep it up, then I really like our chances as long as we don't make bonehead mistakes.

fearsomefour

Legend
max said:
Hey, I'm not saying we will beat the Falcons, just that there is a better chance than most people think.

The key is getting to Ryan. If our DL can get to him early and keep it up, then I really like our chances as long as we don't make bonehead mistakes.

I agree Max. I would add that I think the Rams need to run the ball more effectively this week. That should be doable given the Falcons D. Also getting more of a mix at RB this week (either Pead or Stacy) with some more power back there should help as well. If we can reduce the Falcons O possessions by 2 by running the ball they have a good shot I think.
The key with the Falcons is their big pass plays....and Jackson busting off his one big run a game. Have to get pressure on Ryan without a ton of risky blitzes.

Hey guys falcon fan I just want to put my 2cents in,one I don't know wat game u watch but we are not a slow team, don't let that first game fool u its was against our hated rival in there house with new starters on the oline, the defense looks much better this season at stopping the run than last plus we drafted 2 speedy cb that just give better way defending team last season we were a more zone blitz defense but this year with the new corner we can play a lot more than man. We all know drew brees is a good qb he had a very hard time when throw to our rookies cb. All in all it will be a good game hopefully we all finish the game without injuries. May the best team on Sunday win but don't. Go into the game thinking we are slow team.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thanks for the insight falcon.

Your team speed may be as you say... but you definitely have at least one slow RB. I'm certain of that much. :ww:

Well maybe so but he is an big upgrade than wat we had last year in turner plus he didn't have a 50 plus yards run and I think he might be a lil motivated come Sunday lol

Graphicker

Starter
Falcons are slow. Other than Julio Jones none of there offensive skill set players are fast.

Tony G is like 54 and moves so slow. Roddy White is hobbled by a high ankle sprain and those injuries take up to a month or 2 for full recovery.. Harry Douglas is a speedster no doubt so I'll take that back. Sjax was so slow that game it wasn't even funny, My gawd the old work horse.. If it wasn't for that 50 yarder his numbers would have been much worse.

Matt Ryan was a dink and dunk machine last time we played them in Stlouis.. He isn't going to go Russel Wilson on us in the pocket so that's a good thing.. I remember in that game White was destroying us with the short stuff, It felt like he had 15 catches for 70 yards :lol: :lol: ...

But that's not the point.. They are a veteran team who are elite. They are so disciplined that speed does not matter, They'll break you down with the short stuff then go long once in a while. The Falcons are an elite team and probably a top 3 team in the NFC. They are no joke at home and will be looking for blood come sunday.

I'll give us a 30% chance of winning homerism asidThey are that good and we don't know how we'll fare on the road. I would have rather played them week 1 to be honest, Our schedule is a tough Son of a bitch. We literally have to go out there and kick ass.

The only positive that I have read from there forum is that they have a weak Oline. Plus San Fran went in there and smacked them up and so did the Shehawks. We can handle those beast :lol: :lol: But seem to not find our groove with other opponents. Same thing happened last year @Mia, @Det, @Chi and vs New England.

I have faith in Fish and Co, But this is more about the Falcons being better. I'll be rooting for a win! It's possible. But I don't want to set my self up for a disappointment. Plus this isn't the playoffs so we can't hope to see Matt Ryan choke ;p
Dude is one of the biggest playoff chockers I have ever seen in my life. Got his assss handed to him by Arizona, Greenbay, Shehawks(escaped) and the Niners. Matt Ryan in the regular season is a Samson. But come playoff time he's a bald Samson lol.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Atlfalcon264 said:
Hey guys falcon fan I just want to put my 2cents in,one I don't know wat game u watch but we are not a slow team, don't let that first game fool u its was against our hated rival in there house with new starters on the oline, the defense looks much better this season at stopping the run than last plus we drafted 2 speedy cb that just give better way defending team last season we were a more zone blitz defense but this year with the new corner we can play a lot more than man. We all know drew brees is a good qb he had a very hard time when throw to our rookies cb. All in all it will be a good game hopefully we all finish the game without injuries. May the best team on Sunday win but don't. Go into the game thinking we are slow team.

Sorry, but I see a slow Steven Jackson, a hobbling Roddy White, a slow Harry Douglas, and a slow Tony Gonzalez. I understand that they are quality players, but those guys looked slow to me. The only skill player you have who can run under 4.5 is Julio Jones. And I bet some of those guys barely run under a 4.6. That's slow.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Atlfalcon264 said:
Well maybe so but he is an big upgrade than wat we had last year in turner plus he didn't have a 50 plus yards run and I think he might be a lil motivated come Sunday lol

Rest assured... there will be added motivation on BOTH sides as a direct result of this slow RB.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
My concern isn't them getting to Jackson. Just making the tackles. I think he still has the ability to run through a sloppy tackle.

Motivated or not he's not going going to surprise anyone at the line. I wish him the best ... just not against his former team :)

I don't think many people are expecting the Rams to win, but I do think they have a chance and I'm looking forward to this one.

Graphicker

Starter
Atlfalcon264 said:
Well I guest we will see on Sunday won't we.

<a class="postlink" href="http://i.imgur.com/HiXArmw.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i.imgur.com/HiXArmw.jpg</a>
(why is the limit here 801X >:[

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I read this from a ATL forum.

So, I missed the game, as I was in the middle of the woods. So, was this as bad as I thought? It looks to me like the o-line failed and we came up short in the endzone. That can't keep happening. New Orleans' D pales in comparison to St. Louis' next week.

Our OL is comparable to a group of freshmen that play in the MAC (college football). We have a below average at best left side, an average at best center, and a putrid bottom 2 in the league right side. I'd literally rather trot out Tennessee's OL over what we have. Add Bama, Stanford, and a few others to that category as well.

1ES39J2.gif

PFF rated Brockers pretty good too IIRC.. Did his job to clog the middle..
There Run game does not scare me, One thing. Jackson falls at contact now. This isn't the Old Sjax lol, Where it would take 4-7 guys to bring him down. Dammm those where the days.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Lol how is SJ39 gonna feel when his old team is 2-0 and his chance at a superbowl starts off 0-2 hope he is filled with regret when the clock reads 00:00. :twisted: