Walking Dead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well that one was a shocker. Cant wait for next week. Glenn is dead and is Rick bitten or just cut himself with his knife?

Crazy watching Glenn get ripped apart. It was very hard to watch because it was a character that has been on the show so long and you really got to know as a good guy. He was stupid to hitch his wagon to that weakhearted Nick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Some on the internet are not sure about that since he wasn't included at the end where they show the body count for that episode on Talking Dead.

He was screaming as he was being ripped apart. Even if that was Nick on top of him getting ripped to shreds, how could he possibly have escaped getting bitten, and even if he hadn't where did he have to go? Under the dumpster? I am pretty sure he is dead.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
He was screaming as he was being ripped apart. Even if that was Nick on top of him getting ripped to shreds, how could he possibly have escaped getting bitten, and even if he hadn't where did he have to go? Under the dumpster? I am pretty sure he is dead.

We shall see. The usual routine is that when a character gets offed, they appear on Talking Dead right after the episode. No Glenn Sunday night.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
If Glenn is not dead then that is just stupid. I like the guy and all but if he survives all of that then they will be getting even more beyond ridiculous writing than I thought they would.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Not saying the showrunners are following the script of the comics but in the comics Glenn is murdered with a barbed wire wrapped baseball bat by a villain named Negan.

bluecoconuts

Legend
They didn't confirm the death, but if I recall they have done that before (although not as major of a character) where they showed the 'death' but didn't confirm it until a later episode... That being said, I can see them going either way with this, but I'm leaning more towards him not being dead. Potential spoilers below, highlight to see:

They played a lot of homage to Glenn during the episode, from checking the watch, to calling Rick dumb ass over the radio (first thing he said during the first episode when Rick was trapped in the tank, which seemed to signal he was going to go (he was the first thing they showed in the episode as well), so originally I was thinking that yes he was indeed dead. While I don't think they showed his death, as I'm pretty sure they were pulling apart Nick (from the angle of it all) it's pretty implied that he's as good as dead as well. However shortly before they made it a point to focus on the flare gun that Glenn had on him... SO they could use the "he's covered in blood (which they've used as camouflage before) and he was able to use the flare gun to make a distraction to get enough of the horde away from him that he was able to get to safety" excuse for why he could live.

The last time they've implied a main character's death without actually confirming it was Carol when T-Dogg was killed, and we all know she ended up being okay. Also there is a picture from filming that shows Glenn (in costume) with a major character from the comics that hasn't been introduced into the show yet... However I think he'll probably die off at the end of the season or possibly the end of next season, but I don't think it'll be done by Negan, I think they'll throw people through a loop and have Negan kill someone else the same way he killed Glenn in the comics.... Anyway, since next episode is apparently a Morgan one, I think in two weeks they'll either show Glenn as a walker or be about him escaping.. At this point my money is on the latter.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Don't think Glenn is dead either. The camera angle was a bit "off" when he was being "eaten". I think he had Nick on top of him and he probably ends up scooting under the dumpster for safety. The walkers probably get distracted by Rick's gunfire and Glenn makes his escape.... ?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...friend-after-binge-watching-walking-dead.html

NETFLIX AND KILL: MAN TELLS COPS HE SLAYED FRIEND AFTER BINGE-WATCHING ‘WALKING DEAD’
ASAWIN SUEBSAENG
10.26.1512:36 PM ET

After binge-watching The Walking Dead, Damon Perry saw his friend turn into a zombie and killed him, police say.

Perry was drinking heavily and hanging out with Christopher Paquin in a Grants, New Mexico, apartment when he supposedly saw his buddy morph into a ravenous zombie. Perry responded by allegedly beating his friend to death using his bare hands, feet, knives, a microwave oven, and an electric guitar.

“It was one of the absolute worst [crime scenes] I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been with the department for 15 years,” Grants, New Mexico, police department spokesman Moses Marquez told The Daily Beast.

ETLogo.png

ETLogo.png

The Definitive Guide to Binge-Watching 'Friends' on Netflix!
Entertainment Tonight

18111438.jpg

18111438.jpg

00:00 / 02:52

Two maintenance workers had subdued Perry after he began sprinting around the low-income-housing complex, wielding scissors, and chasing other terrified tenants, according to police. (It is unclear if Perry believed these residents, too, were turning into zombies.)

When police arrived, Perry allegedly confessed to the murder and blamed the it on binge-watching The Walking Dead on Netflix.

Perry—a 23-year-old New Mexico resident who made a living doing small odd-jobs—is in custody facing a murder charge. (A magistrate court set his bond at $800,000, cash.)

Despite the bizarre and savage nature of the crime, police say they do not suspect mental illness, though an investigation continues. The suspected root of this gruesome murder is more mundane: binge-drinking.

“The suspect [also] attributed it to being highly intoxicated,” Marquez said. (Apparently, some people can get so monstrously drunk that watching a popular TV show can compel them to act out their darkest zombie-apocalypse fantasies.) It is unclear what his blood alcohol content was at the time of the alleged killing.

Now, in the sober light of day, Perry is no longer concerned about any supposed zombie neighbors or zombie friends trying to bite him. At the very least, he has started to feel bad for the life he took and the people he terrorized, according to the Grants P.D. spokesman.

“He seems remorseful,” Marquez said. “He’s had the time to sober up and realize what has happened, and he has expressed remorse.”

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's no way Glenn is alive unless the show is jumping the shark

My wife thinks Nicholas was having a hallucination of dying and never pulls the trigger
Kind of the Bobby Ewing angle

Glenn is buried under 1000 zombie. Theres no way even if it was Nick on top that he'd be able to crawl away

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think it may be a bit of a jumping the shark episode but I'm guessing Glenn slid under the dumpster to get away.

Glenn is still alive in a lame twist for shock value.

I really like Glenn's character so I didn't like the idea of killing him off but I also won't like it if he's still alive. To me the best way moving forward would be for him to be dead.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really like Glenn's character so I didn't like the idea of killing him off but I also won't like it if he's still alive. To me the best way moving forward would be for him to be dead.
Agreed.
Maggie is awesome and has been a non factor since the whole terminus thing. So her big role will be to break down after hearng about Glenn. Kind of a waste there

ohiorams

Rookie
look...if this whole Zombie thing were real or portrayed as real,the cast would have to keep changing every 3 months. No one would survive 2 years.
everyones killing each other or zombies are. No Doctors etc.

lol but this show does it all the time: some situation looks bad and then they go to a commercial and everyone is fine !
the show is popular world wide and theres a majority of Asian watchers. Theres no way he is dead. Especially since the talk show never claimed he was like they do in their post show count.

ohiorams

Rookie
Don't think Glenn is dead either. The camera angle was a bit "off" when he was being "eaten". I think he had Nick on top of him and he probably ends up scooting under the dumpster for safety. The walkers probably get distracted by Rick's gunfire and Glenn makes his escape.... ?

he's a Ninja

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Agreed.
Maggie is awesome and has been a non factor since the whole terminus thing. So her big role will be to break down after hearng about Glenn. Kind of a waste there
Maybe in a fit of rage she will strip off all her clothes. Talk about a ratings spike! I mean she's a preacher's daughter. You know a dirty girl is in there somewhere.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I don't think Glenn is dead and here's why:

When Michonne is talking to the dude in the pet store she says, "Have you ever been covered in so much blood that you didn't know if it was yours, your friends, or a walkers?" This references people being battle hardened. This kind of ties into Glenns character giving everyone second chances, and being the only character to not kill another human being.

Now, if we look at the "death scene" you see Glenns face being splattered with blood as Nicholas shot himself. Nicholas and Glenn then fall to the ground and you see a semi-tight shot of guts being ripped out, and you don't know who's they are. You assume their Glenn's because of his facial expressions, but it does leave some deniability with the way that scene was shot.

Now, I think if Glenn is alive this will be his turning point. He will stop giving people all these second chances, and we will see him kill a human being for the first time. Being reborn as it were.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

When Michonne is talking to the dude in the pet store she says, "Have you ever been covered in so much blood that you didn't know if it was yours, your friends, or a walkers?" This references people being battle hardened. This kind of ties into Glenns character giving everyone second chances, and being the only character to not kill another human being.

Now, if we look at the "death scene" you see Glenns face being splattered with blood as Nicholas shot himself. Nicholas and Glenn then fall to the ground and you see a semi-tight shot of guts being ripped out, and you don't know who's they are. You assume their Glenn's because of his facial expressions, but it does leave some deniability with the way that scene was shot.

Now, I think if Glenn is alive this will be his turning point. He will stop giving people all these second chances, and we will see him kill a human being for the first time. Being reborn as it were.
Good take.

I think that could possibly be a way to prevent the jumping of the shark. If you make Glenn a real hardened badass that takes no prisoners, his character gets interesting again and not just likeable. Hell - even the red headed GI dude is seemingly getting a little soft. Maybe it's time for Glenn to impose his will. Also, maybe they are grooming him to take over for Rick when Rick loses his hand (just a hunch on Rick).

One other observation I made is that when Glenn and that coward fall, the coward is falling directly on top of Glenn. Coincidence?

ohiorams

Rookie

excuse me but...you wouldnt be making sad facial expressions if your gut was that open and dug into.Youd already be gone Its a complete given that he is underneath the other guy.

the sad geeky thing is you are right about everything else lol

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well if Glenn survives being under Nick and makes it to the dumpster unscathed it would fit right in with Carol being able to easily stick a knife into a human brain with little excursion. All of them for that matter puncture skulls with ease. I could see going through the eye socket, or the back of the head and thrusting up into the brainstem. Heck, maybe even the temple would give way but I doubt it.

Now if this is some kind of dream that Nick was having then that is just weak.