Walking Dead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Wow 3 quasi main characters in basically 3 epsiodes, Bob, Beth and now big T. Greg Nicotero was on Talking Dead and didnt exactly paint a pretty picture for what's coming up next.

Yeah, he said things are going to get much worse. I never watch an episode until I've read the recap and watched Talking Dead first. I do the same with Game of Thrones. It's too nerve racking for me otherwise.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I hate that Tyrese died, but man that was a good episode. Just like they mentioned on Talking Dead, it is good to see how they showed that amputating a limb won't always work.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What i find funny about walking dead is that the only time it's ever rained in any of the episodes was in "guts" when it poured on them while covered in zombie blood.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Thought the episode was alright. But Tyrese deserved a better death. I would say like in the comics but that death was pretty cruel.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wish they started out with a more realistic zombie. They heads are like paper mâché but they have the bite force of a hyena. That walker about took Tyreses' arm in one chomp.

I'd like a go between. Make them tougher to kill but a little less troublesome to deal with. Their stupid and decaying. How strong can they be when their muscles are deteriorating? And the longer a zombie exists the weaker it would become if it was not eating.

They finally seem to be hitting on the reality of starvation and dehydration in the second half of this season. They would need a hand pumped well for water or a fresh spring. Getting it out of creeks would just give them the shits. And food, dot get me started. Hunting squirrels with a crossbow would be tough withou baiting them in. I am a forager of wild food and it would be impossible to gather enough calories in wild greens.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I wish they started out with a more realistic zombie.

I'd like a go between. Make them tougher to kill but a little less troublesome to deal with.

The best ones are in 'Zombieland' because they can run fast. Watched 'Shaun of the Dead' again last night. What a hoot. (y)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The best ones are in 'Zombieland' because they can run fast. Watched 'Shaun of the Dead' again last night. What a hoot. (y)

I wonder if an organism took over a human brain, what kind of motor function would it have. I think it is more likely to be slow and awkward.

In 'I am Legend' they were fast and abnormally strong but that was a strain of Rabies that did that. It was almost a vampire like transformation, which I don't think could happen. The bodies would have to go into a cocoon of sorts and metamorphosis if the physical properties were to change. Otherwise standard bone density would only allow for so much stress, as would ligament, tendon, and muscle limitations. If a basketball player can break a femur on a jump shot then why should a zombie be able to jump 50' feet. And a damaged decaying body would have a reduced muscle function and coordination the same as an ill person or a malnourished person. Besides, rabid animals can become vicious but are still governed by their original physical limitations.

Now if the idea was that the organism that overtook the brain was somehow able to enhance the synapse and increase the speed of the electrical signals from the brain to the muscles then maybe it would make sense for running zombies, but the whole idea is that the diseased human body would be functioning solely on the brain stem, which seems to me would reduce coordination.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I also think that these Zombies that are clothed would be walking around with shit in their pants. They should all have big bumpy butts. Kind of gross but if they want it to be as realistic as possible then it would be that way. Imagine the dump that the zombie that ate Lori would take.

The basis for the zombie idea came from some chicken that had his head cut off and survived for 18 months. The farmer didn't take good aim and the brain stem remained in tact so the body of the chicken did not die. Strange.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I wonder if an organism took over a human brain, what kind of motor function would it have. I think it is more likely to be slow and awkward.

In 'I am Legend' they were fast and abnormally strong but that was a strain of Rabies that did that. It was almost a vampire like transformation, which I don't think could happen. The bodies would have to go into a cocoon of sorts and metamorphosis if the physical properties were to change. Otherwise standard bone density would only allow for so much stress, as would ligament, tendon, and muscle limitations. If a basketball player can break a femur on a jump shot then why should a zombie be able to jump 50' feet. And a damaged decaying body would have a reduced muscle function and coordination the same as an ill person or a malnourished person. Besides, rabid animals can become vicious but are still governed by their original physical limitations.

Now if the idea was that the organism that overtook the brain was somehow able to enhance the synapse and increase the speed of the electrical signals from the brain to the muscles then maybe it would make sense for running zombies, but the whole idea is that the diseased human body would be functioning solely on the brain stem, which seems to me would reduce coordination.

Sounds like a review of the zombie genre by a neuroscientist. It is a fantasy after all, lol.

The Walking Dead is good because of character development and the idea that no one is safe, ever, from the writers dispatching them. It brings a type of tension into every episode. The "walkers" are just background material for the plot.

Had they made them more unpredictable and dangerous, then imo the show would have been much better. Watching them sidestep the walkers, hitting them over the head, or sticking an arrow in between their eyes is boring.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zRT-LvJUuQ

The basis for the zombie idea came from some chicken that had his head cut off and survived for 18 months. The farmer didn't take good aim and the brain stem remained in tact so the body of the chicken did not die. Strange.

Didn't know that. Thanks.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, so last week was a deep, thought provoking episode revolving around Tyrese death. Plenty of symbolism.
Now week #2 is even deeper dive in to the symbolism, and the inner working of the human condition.
C'mon.....
It's the Walking Dead. I dont watch it to get some pleasure out diving deep and breaking it down. I like the simplicity of it, turn the brain off and enjoy the show.
I hope the rest of the season gets a little lighter

bluecoconuts

Legend
It took about 10 minutes for me to get sick of Sasha's shit, every time these guys get into some "woe is me a loved one died, so I'm going to act like a total fucking idiot and put people at risk" I get sick of it. Maggie is obviously depressed too, but at least she's not being stupid, she's just being emo about it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ok, so last week was a deep, thought provoking episode revolving around Tyrese death. Plenty of symbolism.
Now week #2 is even deeper dive in to the symbolism, and the inner working of the human condition.
C'mon.....
It's the Walking Dead. I dont watch it to get some pleasure out diving deep and breaking it down. I like the simplicity of it, turn the brain off and enjoy the show.
I hope the rest of the season gets a little lighter

I agree. I get that these things are supposedly needed to convey the mood and desperation but I think they are the slowest and most boring episodes. I hated that MoFo Tyrese with all of his moral high road crap. I would have killed him myself if I was in the group. I was glad he finally died.

If I was Tasha I'd be glad Tyrese wasn't holding me back anymore. I don know why she is so sad. But I totally get Darryl being upset about Beth because she was kind of hot and he was so close to getting himself some. I was sure he was going to get her drunk and nail her back at the country club or that old shaggin shack he took her to. I know I would have. I sure wouldn't have been in a hurry to get back with the rest of the group, that's for sure.

Think how pissed he was when the cross car took her away. That Gail Anne Hurd wanted us to think that Darryl was all emotional about losing her but instead he was sad because he was gonna have blue balls for another week.

(Can you tell I was just viewing the 'Nothing but Boobs' thread)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yeah, that was one slow, whiny, boring episode. My favorite character is Tara, but alas she just gets to stand around in the background. Come on writers, doing something with her.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Going to be hard to top Terminus. I hardly notice the zombies anymore, live ones are far more dangerous. Why they don't go to the coast and find a nice little island... clear it out one time and be safe. Of course that just kills the story line. LOL

bluecoconuts

Legend
Going to be hard to top Terminus. I hardly notice the zombies anymore, live ones are far more dangerous. Why they don't go to the coast and find a nice little island... clear it out one time and be safe. Of course that just kills the story line. LOL

that's what I'd do. Plus you can sleep on the boat, but that makes too much sense.;)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Alexandria Safe Zone is behind the fence.

Rick seemed to be a little over the top punching that guy in the face. I understand after what happened at Terminus and with The Governor having a lasting affect on him, but when Tyrese died he told Michonne that they would go to DC. This episode made it look like he was just paying her lip service. He had no intention of checking out the ASZ. What does he think would happen in DC? Or any safe zone he came across? He is so distrusting that he wouldn't go in, unless he killed everyone inside first. Rick has become 'tainted meat'. He is so much like the Zombies that he would rather roam around the countryside. He feels safer among them.

Now I was confused by how the two guys from the ASZ were willingly alone. Neither one should be out by themselves, especially the frail one. That was a bit odd.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Can you really blame rick for being so overly cautious? Every single time they meet a new group the governor terminus the hospital the biker looking gang in the house. It has never turned out to be a good thing at all.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Can you really blame rick for being so overly cautious? Every single time they meet a new group the governor terminus the hospital the biker looking gang in the house. It has never turned out to be a good thing at all.

I understand it but look at the guy he was armed with a little .38 and a flare gun. Sure he could have had people outside waiting but if I was going to attack that group, then I wouldn't give myself up and go in unarmed and then hope my people came into save me. I wouldn't even approach them. Like the guy said, just attack the barn. Burn them out and kill them all. Rick is a bit off the deep end. In a world like that if you don't have hope then you don't have anything. You might as well die.

I understand the caution but like I said, why did he need to punch him and knock him out? They already had the guy.

Now I don't follow the comics but I read some spoiler stuff and there is another bad dude coming up. I am not sure when or where but there will always be someone. Otherwise there is no show.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The writers don't completely follow the books, but I know how the Alexandria Safe Zone plays out in the book. I won't say it here but if anyone wants to know the background they can message me.