Wagoner, mailbag

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yamahopper said:
Do real people ask these questions or does he have a question bot?

Real people probably ask those questions becauase no kind of artificial intelligence could possibly be that moronic.

Anonymous

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
zn said:
I really doubt a GM would go out and accuse a guy of being lazy if he weren't. No one has ever accused Smith of that. In fact everything you hear about him praises his work ethic and character and desire. If Smith has issues it's not "head" stuff like lack of motivation.

I think Snead meant what he said too. And basically what he said was they are not handing him the spot--they are giving him a chance, but he has to come through.

Meanwhile notice how they talk about Bradford. Bradford needs to improve in some areas, they have hinted, but they HAVE handed him the job. There's no qualifications to it. No "but he has to come through" (though he does, they're just not going to say that).
I really doubt that too. That's why I was only referring to what Wagoner said. HE'S the one who said what everyone is quoting - not Snead. Wagoner was talking about Smith needing to up the ante, and I agree with that. I don't really see how Bradford enters in the equation, as QB has 10X the responsibility and importance of a RT, but okay. They talked about him too. Apples & oranges.

Either way, there are no grounds to believe Smith is lazy or that anyone said he is. No one on the team says it and the words quoted don't imply it. What HAS been said about Smith across several years now tells us that he is a work ethic kinda guy. What was said (which originates with Snead) was simple--Smith is being given a shot but he isn't being handed the job, he has to come through, and do his part, which includes staying healthy.