1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Wagoner, mailbag

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Anonymous, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Anonymous Guest

2. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

Blackmon is a slot guy, and, in spite of what you said last week, Richardson’s a reach at 6.

lol.

[​IMG]

3. BatteringRambo Gym Rat (Rams) Stoner

I will say I've always followed Nick's mailbag always info that keeps you reading. I enjoyed this response...Re:Submitter question- Blackmon is paramount and he described Steve Smith as a has-been,slow addition. I'm clueless on how micro fracture works but this guy has heart and dedication and I hope he can recover like former Rb Robert Edwards and continue his promising career...105+ receptions (team record) and what 8-10 tds before said injury.
    "If Smith is healthy, he can still be a good player as he's still quite young. And I don't know what draft boards you look at but they aren't those that belong to NFL teams. There's a much better chance Blackmon is available than you think. Not saying it's a slam dunk but it's a definite possibility. Beyond that, GM Les Snead is on record as saying it's a very good draft class at receiver, even beyond Blackmon, Floyd, Hill, Wright, etc. The Rams will address the position as best they can. It might not be the ideal dream scenario that you all hoped for this year but keep in mind if it's not perfect after this year, the Rams enter next year flush with cash in free agency and with two first rounders each of the next two years."

4. BatteringRambo Gym Rat (Rams) Stoner

Literally laughing my freakin ass off!!!

5. BatteringRambo Gym Rat (Rams) Stoner

Damn damn damn...now I found this gem. Shitfire it never ends for "certain" fans.

WAGONER:
    I can't emphasize this enough. Pittsburgh DOES NOT WANT TO TRADE MIKE WALLACE. They want him on their team for a long time to come.

6. BatteringRambo Gym Rat (Rams) Stoner

Just too good to not be true or is it? :hehe:

JP, USA
    2:17 PM CT
    Any chance of interest in looking at Terrel Owens by the Rams?

:lmao: x a lot

7. Username Has a Well-Known Member

I'd say a new addition at OLB is coming down the pipe any day now, likely from the Saints but maybe not the one you're thinking.

Who we talkin here guys? Any opinions?

8. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

No doubt. I could see Wagoner's eyes roll from here. What a douche.

9. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

Shanle? And...... you need a new signature. :bummed:

10. Username Has a Well-Known Member

Hahaha. I know. I'll take it off in a sec here, just always reading or listening to something on here. Oh, that, and I'm too lazy.

Isn't Shanle under contract next year too?

11. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

I read that he's due 1.75M in salary and bonuses this year, and all of it could be saved by releasing him. Signing Chamberlain could put his job in jeopardy, as Chambo is younger and immensely more familiar with the defense.

12. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Pretty funny. Didn't Smith run something like a 4.35 at his pro day? Fail! Haters gotta hate.

13. brokeu91 Well-Known Member

What I didn't like was the statement about J Smith he made in the beginning, when he said that J Smith has to want to get better. Was he saying that Jason Smith was being lazy? Maybe I misread it, but that's what it sounded like. I hope that's not the case, I never heard he was lazy before. Boudreau likes the type of offensive linemen that Smith could be...nasty, hard hitting blockers. I hope Boudreau can coach him up, that Smith is willing to work hard and he can stay healthy.

14. Anonymous Guest

I didn't get that out of what Snead said and no one has ever said that about Smith.

He was just simply not handing him the starting spot. That's all that was.

15. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

I think he meant what he said. That first and foremost Smith has to stay healthy, and he himself has to want to be good. Because he's not been very good thus far. Whether that's being lazy or injured or simply not playing up to his ability, it all has to improve in one way or another.

16. Anonymous Guest

I really doubt a GM would go out and accuse a guy of being lazy if he weren't. No one has ever accused Smith of that. In fact everything you hear about him praises his work ethic and character and desire. If Smith has issues it's not "head" stuff like lack of motivation.

I think Snead meant what he said too. And basically what he said was they are not handing him the spot--they are giving him a chance, but he has to come through.

Meanwhile notice how they talk about Bradford. Bradford needs to improve in some areas, they have hinted, but they HAVE handed him the job. There's no qualifications to it. No "but he has to come through" (though he does, they're just not going to say that).

17. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

That's what I got out of it. I don't think anyone is calling him out for being lazy just that facts are facts and so far he hasn't been very good. For what ever reason, he hasn't panned out yet and needs to pick up his game. With many players that has to come from within from the want and the will.

18. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

I really doubt that too. That's why I was only referring to what Wagoner said. HE'S the one who said what everyone is quoting - not Snead. Wagoner was talking about Smith needing to up the ante, and I agree with that. I don't really see how Bradford enters in the equation, as QB has 10X the responsibility and importance of a RT, but okay. They talked about him too. Apples & oranges.

19. Rams4life New Member

The only other Saints FA LB's are restricted. Jonathan Casillas & Ramon Humber. Besides Dunbar that is. But like another poster said maybe a trade.

20. Yamahopper Well-Known Member

Do real people ask these questions or does he have a question bot?