Vince Young retires, hints about his spat with Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I like the kid. But my guess is his surrounded by family interests that didn't always jive with his best interest.

That and swigging 600 dollar shots at high end steak houses and partying all the time makes it hard to be your best, and makes it hard to hold on to any dough.

He did all of the things that they tell rookies not to do with their money in the symposiums. He once spent 300K on a birthday party for himself. LOL.......

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Why do you say that?
Didn't his uncle make himself his Agent, and the proceed to rip off Vince?

That and swigging 600 dollar shots at high end steak houses and partying all the time makes it hard to be your best, and makes it hard to hold on to any dough.

He did all of the things that they tell rookies not to do with their money in the symposiums. He once spent 300K on a birthday party for himself. LOL.......
I did not know this.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Didn't his uncle make himself his Agent, and the proceed to rip off Vince?

I did not know this.

Yeah man he is the poster child for how not to handle millions of dollars. Well one of them lol.

The thing with getting ripped off is a he said she said. Long story short when the lockout hit he took out a loan for 1.3 mil and claims he doesn't have to pay it back because his agent never gave it to him.

Why he needed the money is another story. He was spending it as fast as it was coming in.......in one article I read that he was spending several thousand dollars eating out every week.

Some of these guys lose all perspective. And you'd think growing up middle class or worse would make them put aside some cheddar just out of fear. But look at how many are broke a few years later.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
After reading the entire thread my suspicions of Young have been reinforced. He is stupid, has a sense of entitlement, and is delusional.

I added the delusional comment because he blames the reputation that Fisher gave him as the reason he cannot hook on with another team. He claims that all of these teams had him in camp and they already had their mind made up that he was difficult to deal with and thus, never gave him a real chance! If that was true, then they wouldn't have brought him to camp in the first place. So, either Vince comes in with an attitude or he just isn't good enough. Nice to see the guy is based in reality.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
After reading the entire thread my suspicions of Young have been reinforced. He is stupid, has a sense of entitlement, and is delusional.

I added the delusional comment because he blames the reputation that Fisher gave him as the reason he cannot hook on with another team. He claims that all of these teams had him in camp and they already had their mind made up that he was difficult to deal with and thus, never gave him a real chance! If that was true, then they wouldn't have brought him to camp in the first place. So, either Vince comes in with an attitude or he just isn't good enough. Nice to see the guy is based in reality.

'gnome I don't think he's stupid ,I think he just lacks perspective of what counts to others, he's a tree bent to a shape that won't fit any of the needed conformity a stable NFL franchise wants and needs and has no concept of money .

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
'gnome I don't think he's stupid ,I think he just lacks perspective of what counts to others, he's a tree bent to a shape that won't fit any of the needed conformity a stable NFL franchise wants and needs and has no concept of money .

Plus he can't throw very well. So that makes it hard to catch on as an NFL QB..........or so I've heard. :p

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Anyone who believes that anything is keeping them out of the league other than ability is lying to themselves and doing it very, very badly. If you can play your position you can get on a roster, it always has and always will be that way.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Just a side note on how bad things have gotten for VY
Being local here in Austin, the "Vince Young Steakhouse" is still up and running, but the owners are trying everything the can to distance themselves from him - all their ads feature the "owners" both of whom aren't Vince. It's classic - you'd never know by their ads it has anything to do with the guy

Here is an example of the owners downplaying Vince's involvement which seemed like such a genius move back in 2009

http://austin.eater.com/archives/2012/03/08/laura-mcingvalebrown-of-vince-young-steakhouse.php

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
He claims that all of these teams had him in camp and they already had their mind made up that he was difficult to deal with and thus, never gave him a real chance! If that was true, then they wouldn't have brought him to camp in the first place.
That's my opinion as well. Had other teams not been interested in him, he wouldn't have been given the chance.

Something tells me that the root of his problem is his ability to receive constructive criticism.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Just a side note on how bad things have gotten for VY
Being local here in Austin, the "Vince Young Steakhouse" is still up and running, but the owners are trying everything the can to distance themselves from him - all their ads feature the "owners" both of whom aren't Vince. It's classic - you'd never know by their ads it has anything to do with the guy

Here is an example of the owners downplaying Vince's involvement which seemed like such a genius move back in 2009

http://austin.eater.com/archives/2012/03/08/laura-mcingvalebrown-of-vince-young-steakhouse.php

Why don't they rebrand it and dump his name?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

Didn't you hear? Fisher secretly runs the entire League, and just pissing him off gets you blackballed.

Kneel, KNEEL before Fisher and beseech his favor!

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Didn't you hear? Fisher secretly runs the entire League, and just pissing him off gets you blackballed.

Kneel, KNEEL before Fisher and beseech his favor!
Here we go again Boffo. Might be a long night. LOL

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah - don't see it. I don't see anything in his pro career that warranted Probowl appearances. Fans aren't exactly the best talent evaluators at times.

He could have been at the Michael Vick level, whatever that is, had he gotten his act together. There were signs of that spark from time to time over the first few years. It's just like not every Rams player ends up being as good as we hope they will be.

He had decent years from 2009 - 2010. He was definitely a puzzle. I suppose Jeff Fisher would be the best person to talk to about him but I doubt he'll ever say a word.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He could have been at the Michael Vick level, whatever that is, had he gotten his act together. There were signs of that spark from time to time over the first few years. It's just like not every Rams player ends up being as good as we hope they will be.

He had decent years from 2009 - 2010. He was definitely a puzzle. I suppose Jeff Fisher would be the best person to talk to about him but I doubt he'll ever say a word.
Yeah - I'd agree that he had the potential to be very good. I just don't see where it ever really translated - especially in his supposed Probowl worthy seasons. I don't think talent was ever really the issue. He actually could throw IIRR but throwing and playing against NFL caliber talent generally means you have to exploit that talent and learn the game at a higher level.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like Les Baker says, Fisher never really wanted the kid, but Bud Adams did. I can't help but think that if he even had "some" of what it takes to be an NFL QB, he would have had at least a mediocre career Dude was a failure, imo.