VeteranRamFan day 4 camp report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've thought the same thing 43, lets see what TA contributes in pre season.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
It seems like we are trying him out at safety a bit, but I saw a lot more Mo Alexander - Cody Davis at safety. I think Joyner is going to be really great at FS. I was telling @VeteranRamFan that my hope is that Joyner can become a FS like Tyrann Mathieu for us. He is a heavy hitter, great in run support, a bit faster than Davis, and he really understands how to read the offense. He does give up size to a lot of TEs that he might match up against, but he holds his own against them.

@VeteranRamFan felt that with all the new blood, we don't have to worry about the back four of the defense, and I said that we don't have to worry about the front seven either! :) Our defense is going to be stout again. If only we can limit Troy Hill's playing time...

I believe Cody Davis is one of the fastest players on the entire team.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks again VRF. This is why I come to this board.
You mentioned the jumping ability of a TE. Were you referring to Everett? Hope so.

How did Joyner look at safety?
What about Havs at RG?
I'm curious about those guys who are changing positions.

Keep up the good work.

Sorry this has taken me so long to reply.

Everett has the ability, he can extend well.
Didn't get to focus on Joyner yesterday but on Monday he was covering like a wet blanket. But we knew that. I'll have to watch what position he is playing and get back to you.

Havenstein really looks natural at guard. He didn't stand out with any mistakes or WOW moments. Just a solid showing. I think McVay may have made a great move here.

Last edited:

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
It seems like we are trying him out at safety a bit, but I saw a lot more Mo Alexander - Cody Davis at safety. I think Joyner is going to be really great at FS. I was telling @VeteranRamFan that my hope is that Joyner can become a FS like Tyrann Mathieu for us. He is a heavy hitter, great in run support, a bit faster than Davis, and he really understands how to read the offense. He does give up size to a lot of TEs that he might match up against, but he holds his own against them.

@VeteranRamFan felt that with all the new blood, we don't have to worry about the back four of the defense, and I said that we don't have to worry about the front seven either! :) Our defense is going to be stout again. If only we can limit Troy Hill's playing time...
Thanks for taking this one, @theduke .

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Good job VRF! Nice dig at LACHAMP46!:sneaky:
You know, sometimes you get that fastball right down the middle and you have to take a swing at it!

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
:LOL::LOL: Man! That's the best avatar, EVER!

Thanks. That was a time when I was young, avid, and a little dumb. I was living deep in the heart of 9er country. It was Halloween weekend and the 9ers were going to LA to play the Rams ('84?). I figures, WTH? So I bleached Ram horns in my hair. I think notching the beard was a great touch, don't you?
...we lost 33-0.
I hate joe montana