Veteran FA rental, anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rams should sign...

• Justin Houston (32)

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Melvin Ingram (32)

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Richard Sherman (33)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • K.J Wright (32)

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Geno Atkins (33)

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Everton Griffen (33)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nickel Robey-Coleman (29)

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Another veteran FA not listed (who?)

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Stick with the guys we have.

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Which, if any, of these veteran FAs should the Rams sign to a short term (1-2 year) deal? (Players’ ages at start of 2021 season listed)

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Some big names there, not sure I could handle Sherman being a Ram but that would seem to be an area we could use a back up.

Ingram or Houston as rotational guys on the edge might be a good rental.

Does waiting until June 1 mean anything for the cap?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd like to see them bring in Poole but they probably want Burgess in the slot for the tackling boost for the box.

There are definitely some guys out there who could help us. I have always liked Garland but he's probably about as effective as what they have.

Rams probably want to see their depth chart in action in camp before they look at outside options.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I like a lot of the names on this list but I have frequently fantasized about seeing Geno Atkins lining up next to AD. I mean they would wreak absolute havoc on every offense we face.
Think about it, how is the enemy going to block them both?
This could potentially be the greatest interior pass rush duo in NFL history.

~ArkyRamsFan~

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Atkins, might come cheap and I'm sure he would like a shot at a SB ring
train
If Atkins health is ok and he would accept a CAP FRIENDLY SALARY to come play alongside/with Aaron Donald I would be thrilled to see these two warriors get the chance to play together on the Rams DL!!!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Richard Sherman is a dick but he is the kind of dick you want on your team. Sign me up.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Richard Sherman. Right now it looks that he may go back to the 49ers. So let keep him. Off the competition‘s squad.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sure, any of those guys on a one year “chasing a ring” deal.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sherman. Move him to Safety ala Aeneas Williams.

Houston is a guy we could use.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Sherman. Move him to Safety ala Aeneas Williams.

Houston is a guy we could use.
That's a tough transition, and few want to even try it.

Also, with Fuller, Burgess and Rapp, don't see the fit for a veteran safety.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sherman makes some sense as does Houston. KJ Wright would bring something too.

Voted Houston.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That's a tough transition, and few want to even try it.

Also, with Fuller, Burgess and Rapp, don't see the fit for a veteran safety.
I can't speak to that from a technical standpoint. I feel like the more intelligent DB's like Sherman wouldn't have much trouble transitioning and it could prolong his career.

I don't like our lack of experience all over the secondary. When i say that i'm talking about playoffs.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Of the edge guys its Houston easily. Not sure if Ingram is washed or was just banged up all of last year, but did literally nothing last season (5.5 tackles last year in 7 games, ZERO sacks). Also, he visited Miami yesterday, so there is a chance he gone anyway.

Speaking of someone who did nothing last year, enter Atkins. 1 solo tackle. 1. 8 games played. No thank you.

KJ Wright can still play from what I observed last year, but wasn't as good as normal.

Everson Griffen appears to still be able to get after the QB in limited play time.

Sherman played ok last year, not great. He definitely played well against us, but so did their whole horrible team. I don't know if I can get over the hate I have for him though. A hag and a whiner? Unforgiveable.

NRC, nah. Talked shit about us after he left and then had a horrible season last year. Nope, I'll gamble on Long over him.

I'd love Brian Poole personally. He's the best FA left IMO and would work very well with our current team. So, I choose "Other"

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I can't speak to that from a technical standpoint. I feel like the more intelligent DB's like Sherman wouldn't have much trouble transitioning and it could prolong his career.

I don't like our lack of experience all over the secondary. When i say that i'm talking about playoffs.
I can only think of a couple players that successfully made the conversion from CB to S. However, the few that come to mind all wound up in the Hall of Fame ... Ronnie Lott, Rod Woodson and Aeneas Williams.

Still that's over three decades. It's just rare, and in the case of Sherman, I doubt it's something he wants to do, or needs to do to continue his career.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Melvin Ingram with Donald and Floyd, yes please. He's a great athlete like Floyd, but a better rusher. If he checked out medically, I'd be thrilled with him.