PREGAME Up Next - Week 8 - Rams at Texans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Do NOT get cocky, Rams.

Last week they threw a zero blitz at Goff thinking they'd get him to fuck it up like he did in Miami last year and instead he threw a screen to Swift that he took to the house. Then ST's were caught flat-footed multiple times, and the Rams had to escape with a win over a team that was clearly less talented. Overconfidence caused the Rams to struggle in a game they should have won handily, and a couple of bad breaks could have turned it into a loss.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Wait serious?

OK, I misheard it. He declined a penalty for a re-try on 3rd but accepted a 4th down and a punt.

No easy wins.

One of the most ineffective head coaches I have seen in recent years was Adam Gase. I live in NYC, and I thought the Jets failed to even compete in many games last year. I rarely take any game for granted; and believe every victory is tough. However, I thought the Rams would destroy the Jets. And God punished me.

Nah, I ain't worried this year. Not one bit, and haven't been. Rams should romp em. I only wish the goddamn ticket prices would go down. Fuck Cal McNair.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Nah, I ain't worried this year. Not one bit, and haven't been. Rams should romp em.
Years ago, I was shooting craps in Atlantic City, and some young roller was cleaning up.

A little old go, with a cigarette hanging from his mouth looks over at me, smiles and says:
"Ahh, the young ones. They don't even know they're supposed to lose"

Andrewjm

UDFA
Name
Andrew
Somehow I don't think this game will have the same vibe as last week. A game only LAR fans will care about.

84144733a36000444a794dad445fae1452fc3d26.gifv

I'm still looking for tix (good ones). But still expensive AF. Stupid.
Yeah, tickets were a lot more expensive than I thought. And also, I got booked to DJ a gig during the day Sunday, so guess I’ll have to multitask that day lol

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Years ago, I was shooting craps in Atlantic City, and some young roller was cleaning up.

A little old go, with a cigarette hanging from his mouth looks over at me, smiles and says:
"Ahh, the young ones. They don't even know they're supposed to lose"

I won $20 in Atlantic City once. I had my fill and left. :cool:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

First Look: Rams head to Houston to take on Texans in Week 8​

The Rams (6-1) are back on the road this week with a trip to Houston to take on the Texans (1-6), seeking to extend their win streak to four games. Kickoff from NRG Stadium in Houston is scheduled for 10 a.m. pacific time on FOX.

In advance of the contest, here is your First Look at Rams at Texans:

Notable Texans additions:

Signed RB Mark Ingram to a 1-year deal in March: After spending the last two seasons with the Ravens, Ingram followed former Baltimore passing game coordinator David Culley (now the Texans head coach) to Houston and signed a one-year deal with the club as an unrestricted free agent. Ingram is the Texans' leading rusher so far with 92 carries for 294 yards and one touchdown through the first seven games.

Drafted QB Davis Mills in the third round of this year's draft: Mills was the Texans' first selection since they didn't have a first- or second-round selection this year. The former Stanford product began the season as the backup to Tyrod Taylor, whom the team signed to a one-year deal in March, but was called into action early in his rookie season after Taylor landed on IR with a hamstring injury in Week 2.

Top performers in Week 7

Mills completed 23 of 32 pass attempts for 135 yards in the Texans' 31-5 loss to the Cardinals.

RB David Johnson led the backfield with seven carries for 25 yards.

Johnson (27 yards) and WR Brandon Cooks (21) each posted five catches, but rookie WR Nico Collins led Houston's receivers with 28 yards.

S Lonnie Johnson Jr. led the Texans defense with nine total tackles and an interception, while DE Jacob Martin tackled Cardinals QB Kyler Murray in the endzone for a safety.

On special teams, P Cameron Johnston averaged 49.1 yards per punt across seven punts, while K Ka'imi Fairbairn made his lone field goal attempt.

Early storylines to watch, and what they mean for the Rams

Taylor will return return to practice this week, according to Texans head coach David Culley's postgame comments to Houston reporters, with more known about his status on Wednesday.

Accordingly, the Rams will have to prepare for both Mills, as well as the possibility of Taylor playing, provided the Texans end up activating his 21-day window to return and actually move him back onto the active roster before Sunday's game.

In the five and a half games since taking over for the injured Taylor, Mills has completed 111 of 171 pass attempts for 1,047 yards with five touchdowns and seven interceptions. Taylor, meanwhile, had completed 31 of 44 pass attempts for 416 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions prior to sustaining the hamstring injury that landed him on IR.

Taylor is more mobile than Mills, so if he's healthy enough to return, that skillset is something the Rams will have to be mindful of this weekend.

However, regardless of who's under center for Houston, the primary concern in the passing game for the Rams defense will be wide receiver Brandin Cooks, who has still produced even with a rookie throwing to him – he had nine catches for 112 yards against the Panthers in Week 3, then nine catches for 89 yards against the Colts in Week 6.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well if Tyrod can't go maybe all we gotta do is hand it off to Howell 40 times. :laugh3:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just How Bad Are The Numbers For The Texans?​

The majority of loyal Houston Texans fans braced for impact when the 2021 season came into focus. Years upon years of terrible decisions decimated the roster, front office and team culture... all in the name of culture, ironically enough. For those who didn’t really get how bad it was going to be, let’s take a look at the stats so far.

Houston Texans Team Stats - 2021​

Offensive Passing Stats:

• 30th in passing, with 215 attempts, 142 completions for 6.8 yards per attempt.
  • 28th in passing yards with 1463.
  • 25th (tied) in passing touchdowns with 8.
  • 7th in interceptions thrown with 7.
  • 27th in passer rating at 84.3.
  • 29th in passing 1st downs with 65

Offensive Rushing Stats:

• 15th with 172 rushing attempts
  • 28th with 565 rushing yards
  • 32nd with 3.3 average yards per carry
  • 30th with 3 rushing touchdowns
  • 32nd in rushing 1st downs with 24

Offensive Scoring Stats:

• 31st in total touchdowns scored with 11

Defensive Passing Stats:

• 29th in opponents yards per attempt at 8.5
  • 22nd in total air yards given up with 1724
  • 17th in passing touchdowns given up with 12
  • 8th in interceptions with 7
  • 17th in opponent passer rating at 98.6
  • 18th in passing 1st downs given up with 85
  • 13th in total sacks with 14

Defensive Rushing Stats:

• 30th in rushing yards relinquished at 1020
  • 28th (tied) in average yards per opponents carry at 4.7
  • 32nd in rushing touchdowns given up at 12
  • 30th in rushing 1st downs given up with 58
  • 26th in rushing forced fumbles at 4

Key Individual Stats:

• Davis Mills ranks 30th in total passing yards with 1,047
  • Mills ranks 47th in yards per completion at 6.1
  • Mills ranks 38th in completion percentage at .649
  • Mills ranks 29th in passing touchdowns with 5
  • Mark Ingram, Houston’s leading rusher, ranks 30th with 294 rushing yards, averaging only 3.19 yards per carry
  • Brandin Cooks ranks 6th in receptions with 45
  • Cooks ranks 16th with 502 receiving yards
  • Cooks has 1 touchdown so far, tied with a slew of other near the bottom
  • Christian Kirksey leads the team with 51 combined tackles, ranking 22nd in the league
  • Jonathan Greenard ranks 5th (tied) in sacks with 6
  • Lonnie Johnson Jr. is tied for 3rd in interceptions with 3

Special Teams:

• Ka’imi Fairbairn ranks 12th (tied) in field goals made. This rankings seem decent on the surface, but there are 30 kickers who have made more field goals than Fairbairn this season.

Scoring Differential:

• The Texans rank 32nd in net points with -106
  • Houston (97) and the New York Jets (80) are the only teams in the league to score under 100 points so far this season.​

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Goin' back to Houston, Houston, Houston
I got a girl waiting there for me
Well at least she said she'd be
I got a home and a big warm bed
And a feather pillow for my head
Goin' back to Houston, Houston, Houston

FaulkSF