PREGAME Up Next - Week 8 - Rams at Texans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Looks like Tyrod Taylor could be back.

Tyrod Taylor will return to practice on Wednesday, head coach David Culley announced. Culley added that Taylor “was our starting quarterback, [so] when he’s healthy, he’ll be our starting quarterback,” (Twitter link via Adam Schefter of ESPN.com).

Taylor has been on IR ever since his Week 2 hamstring injury. Davis Mills has been serving as the starter ever since, but the results haven’t been great. His best performance came against the Patriots as he completed 21 of 29 passes for 312 yards, three touchdowns, and no interceptions. The Pats went on to win 25-22 and the Texans went on to drop their next two games to the Colts and Cardinals.

Following Sunday’s loss to Arizona, the Texans are 1-6 and in serious need of a spark. Taylor could help to some extent, but it remains to be seen if he’ll be able to go against the Rams this week.

Psycho_X

Legend
With Andrew Whitworth's knee strain he suffered it seems like a good game to sit him and let Noteboom get the start.

On defense, keep Cooks under control and everything else should be fairly easy.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Hoping Taylor needs some practice reps to start, and sits out one more game.

Taylor's running ability is impressive. Would much prefer to play Mills

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I doubt Taylor will be ready this week. He hasn't taken a snap in weeks and is coming off a major injury. My guess is he starts next week.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I doubt Taylor will be ready this week. He hasn't taken a snap in weeks and is coming off a major injury. My guess is he starts next week.
If it's not an inconvenience, would you please call David Culley and advise him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tyrod Taylor is a world beater? Duuudes....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Somehow I don't think this game will have the same vibe as last week. A game only LAR fans will care about.

84144733a36000444a794dad445fae1452fc3d26.gifv

I'm still looking for tix (good ones). But still expensive AF. Stupid.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
After the special teams screw ups last game, I don't take anything for granted. The Rams should never take anyone for granted after last year's Jets game.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Seems like a bad week to get lazy. Hopefully Jones will step in and provide a spark and improved run stopping, that’s a big order.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like a bad week to get lazy. Hopefully Jones will step in and provide a spark and improved run stopping, that’s a big order.
I know..if we're lazy, we only win by 7 points.. SONOFA...

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Tyrod Taylor is a world beater? Duuudes....
Far from a world-beater but he has some arm and leg talent; and puts up some quality games.

I consider him a borderline NFL-starter but if he's the back-up QB, he's one of the top three back-ups IMO.

Taylor also does not typically throw interceptions. Davis Mills has thrown seven interceptions in six games. Taylor was a full-time starter for three seasons, and did not throw as many as seven picks in any of those three years.

Mills is understandably in-over-his-head. Would much prefer the Rams face him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I respect Taylor's game. And we can't contain for shit. So another likely win but will probably irritate the F out of us. :laugh4:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Guys, David Culley punted on third down this year.

I wouldn't worry.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Look.. the Rams have had their "let down" games, imo... This week needs to be a cohesive beatdown. Get it all together, guys.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
This is a great week to feature the run game. The Texans' run D has allowed 145.7 yards/game and a 4.7 yards/attempt average.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm already irritated with Reeder and also A'Shawn Robinson. I wish the Bronco's would have taken Reeder instead of Young, Rams could have thrown in A'Shawn and kept Young.

Starting Jones at ILB is probably a good idea. Starting Bobby Brow III instead of A'Shawn at DT might be a good idea too.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Guys, David Culley punted on third down this year.

I wouldn't worry.
No easy wins.

One of the most ineffective head coaches I have seen in recent years was Adam Gase. I live in NYC, and I thought the Jets failed to even compete in many games last year. I rarely take any game for granted; and believe every victory is tough. However, I thought the Rams would destroy the Jets. And God punished me.