Until the OL gels, Sun Tzu for the win.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Success against better defenses, maybe?
But we have no idea what *this* configuration looks like agains them. We do know the interior DL of ATL did very well against the Saints.. and the Rams didn't have a problem with them.

Noteboom? Against Elite guys.. it's probably gonna be a long day. He's not Elite. He's decent-good.. but not Elite.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But we have no idea what *this* configuration looks like agains them. We do know the interior DL of ATL did very well against the Saints.. and the Rams didn't have a problem with them.

Noteboom? Against Elite guys.. it's probably gonna be a long day. He's not Elite. He's decent-good.. but not Elite.
Which is why we’ll need to slow down opponents with scheme, playcalling, etc.

We saw some of that on Sunday, with a new formation (Skow at FB), some wide screens, and a less predictable run/pass pattern.

If we had Pace, Harrah, Saul, Mack and Slater (or their modern equivalents) that would be unnecessary. Right now, it is necessary.

If you still don’t get/agree with the premise, that’s fine.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Which is why we’ll need to slow down opponents with scheme, playcalling, etc.

We saw some of that on Sunday, with a new formation (Skow at FB), some wide screens, and a less predictable run/pass pattern.

If we had Pace, Harrah, Saul, Mack and Slater (or their modern equivalents) that would be unnecessary. Right now, it is necessary.

If you still don’t get/agree with the premise, that’s fine.
I guess my point is that your concept is no different than what the Rams approach.. and most teams in the NFL, already is.

No one just lined up and blows people away.

Changes are a wee-to-week thing in the NFL.

So, you’re right, I disagree with the premise because you’re suggesting actions the team already takes.

Now.. if they severely pare-down their playbook? Especially the passing game? I’ll acknowledge that.. but, again, I’d say we were already seeing slight changes with Van Jefferson out.

Hope I’m expressing that better now, to avoid misunderstanding.