Underrated albums

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
bet some folks here never would have seen this coming from me

View attachment 61255
You got that right @RhodyRams, never would have guessed it
Michael Schenkner (sp?) is one of my favorite guitarists from that era/genre. Rock bottom live, a fucking scorcher!

Another live album from that era/genre I loved was Pat Travers, “go for what you know”. Saw him live back then a couple times.

But yeah, I’ll take UFO over brother Schenkner’s band, the Scorpions even though they got more play.
You and me both, just an unbelievable player that influenced many of the great hard rock and metal guitarists of today.
I think I got this album back in the day through one of those Columbia House offers. Remember those?
Yeah, it's not really underrated at all, but it gives me an excuse to comment on dpjax's avatar and say
T H E Y S A V E D H I T L E R ' s C O C K.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew96-DYBnc4&list=OLAK5uy_nzZi0fyMrhX4mu07ViQaAXX8vS2Tjb2lU&index=1

I saw these guys in the South Bay back in H.S we had a buddy that was in Artistic Decline and they played a gig together. That era of Punk will likely never be equaled.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
I think I got this album back in the day through one of those Columbia House offers. Remember those?
Yeah, it's not really underrated at all, but it gives me an excuse to comment on dpjax's avatar and say
T H E Y S A V E D H I T L E R ' s C O C K.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew96-DYBnc4&list=OLAK5uy_nzZi0fyMrhX4mu07ViQaAXX8vS2Tjb2lU&index=1

THEY HID IT UNDER A ROCK

Thanks TSFH Fan! The album’s called Back from Samoa but of course my avatar says
Back from St Louis. Great Album by the way, if you’re into this kinda stuff, from start to finish And great album cover. Here’s their first album and one of my all time favorite covers.

View: https://youtu.be/tpSX9pkI_0c?si=rD3KkXYxaWYyy8Pd

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
I saw these guys in the South Bay back in H.S we had a buddy that was in Artistic Decline and they played a gig together. That era of Punk will likely never be equaled.
They were always great live. That’s awesome that you were friends with one of the guys in Artistic Decline! I never saw them play but I do own some of their vinyl.

Their Random Violence album as well as the Andy Warhol 7”

And yes, they were underrated!

IMG_0278.jpeg

IMG_0279.jpeg

IMG_0280.jpeg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've been listening to the Daniel Lanois tracks on YouTube and I'm really enjoying.
Thanks for turning me on to that.
I remember his name from his work with U2.
That’s cool. He is such a prolific producer as you know, but his own material is lesser known. His lap steel guitar work is phenomenal.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
Couldn't. Agree. More.

That is a fucking fantastic album, actually my favorite of the Ozzy Sabbath albums if not favorite overall.
100%!! As historically good as a lot of those early Sabbath albums are I still find myself coming back to this one.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I’ll give you two more…

Declaration and Strength by The Alarm.

At least he time, many brushed them off as a U2-lite, but their style is really not that similar (and, besides, they’re Welsh, not Irish!).

Both albums are great, start to finish.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Frank Zappa- Hot Rats

if you want to find out why Zappa is considered to be one of the Guitar Masters.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Frank Zappa- Hot Rats

if you want to find out why Zappa is considered to be one of the Guitar Masters.
This last year was a big anniversary for that album. I was not familiar with it, but we’ve been getting acquainted here and there. Some real good stuff.

My introduction to Frank Zappa was “Overnight Sensation “. I love that album. Throw in “Apostrophe” and that’s a cool Mothers combo.

The clever lyrics, theatrical takes, and overall weird shit he is known for can distract the uninitiated from your point—Frank Zappa was an absolutely amazing guitarist.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Blind Faith
Rick Grech, Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood and Ginger Baker

IMG_8262.jpeg

Traffic - John Barleycorn must die

Steve Winwood, Jim Capaldi, Chris Wood and Dave Mason
IMG_8263.jpeg

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Frank Zappa- Hot Rats

Listened to this album today. Very impressive range as it went from blues, jazz, southern rock, and jam band. Lots of percussion used as well.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Genesis - "Duke"
If you love keyboard driven prog rock.

Joanna Newsom - "Divers"
When you're in the mood for something really mellow and beautiful.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Blind Faith
Rick Grech, Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood and Ginger Baker

View attachment 61558

Traffic - John Barleycorn must die

Steve Winwood, Jim Capaldi, Chris Wood and Dave Mason
View attachment 61559
I had, Traffic ' Low Spark, on my list of future posts to make on here.

I still can't get over Chris Wood's flute playing.
Definitely a influence on Ian Anderson.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Untraspank
Progress.

Incredibly underrated and probably about 10 years ahead of their time.

Just a great Hard Rock album.

They were one of my favorite bands in 1999-2000

Attachments

• IMG_0183.jpeg
    IMG_0183.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 21

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Genesis - "Duke"
If you love keyboard driven prog rock.

Joanna Newsom - "Divers"
When you're in the mood for something really mellow and beautiful.
That “Duke” album takes me back. I also liked the self titled Genesis album that came out a couple albums later. I think the band should have stopped there.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
That “Duke” album takes me back. I also liked the self titled Genesis album that came out a couple albums later. I think the band should have stopped there.
Don't forget Abacab, which came out in-between Duke and their self-titled album.

But yeah, it was downhill pretty hard from there except for that one song Tonight Tonight Tonight.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
But yeah, it was downhill pretty hard from there except for that one song Tonight Tonight Tonight.

I didn't really like anything by Genesis after Steve Hackett left. The albums mentioned by you (Duke, Abacab) had a smattering of good songs, but I think the last album they did with Steve (Wind and Wuthering) was their last truly solid album.