UDFA Trackers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Orlosky was signed. Eagles i believe

Hadn't seen that anywhere; thanks.

Still don't know why neither guy was drafted. Both had pretty high ratings in the industry mags, not that they are bibles of course.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
C Anthony McMeans, Sr.
It’s a veteran interior of the line coming back, and it’ll be up to the all-star center to lead the way. The tackles are a concern, but the guards are great and the 6-2, 320-pound McMeans is a huge blocker to lead the way. He’s not going to do much on the move, but in a phone booth he’s able to generate a big push. A true anchor, he needs to be the leader up front to pave the way for Larry Rose III.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/new-mexico-state-football-players

New Mexico State center Anthony McMeans is working out on the side, caring for his young family and hoping to hear his name called on NFL Draft weekend.
Anthony McMeans is rather busy these days, a bit more so than the typical NFL Draft prospect in the days leading up to the event. McMeans, of course, is putting in the requisite workouts necessary to making his dreams of being a professional football player come true, but he’s also got to work. How else is he expected to take care of a young family?

The New Mexico State center is doing everything he can to let teams know what he’s capable of, but he’s been hindered by an injury that kept him from performing as anticipated at his pro day. Instead he’s hoping scouts have done their job and that the game film speaks for itself. He’s a beast in the middle who believes he can anchor an offensive line. He’s also proven himself a hard worker and a dedicated family man. Now he just needs a chance.

The possibility of the NFL is so close but that means you’re also now finishing completely with college. Before we hit one, I want to ask about the other. How much have you thought about that?
I’m not looking at the fact that I’m done with my college career. I’m looking ahead at the fact that I’ve gotta go to a rookie mini-camp, and I don’t know where I’m going to end up. If I don’t get drafted, I don’t know which team I’ll be trying out for. That means I don’t know where to move my family right now. My lease is up in May, so I just have no idea what I’m going to do. I’m just ready to find a team so I can give it my all and set up a permanent spot. I’m trying to set my life up. I’m ready to graduate from school, so I’m ready to get on my grown-up level and make something of myself, you know?

Man, it sounds like any of those things would be a stressful change for anyone and you’ve got several changes at the same time.
Bro, it’s tough, because I’ve got a little one and my girlfriend, but I’ve been making things work. I want to do better, and I’m ready to upgrade. I always stay positive and pray to God. I always keep my faith and hope, so I never get too down about a situation. That’s also why I get up early every day to get my workout and bust my ass in the weight room but then I go to work because I gotta bring some money home. I gotta take care of the family.

How are you feeling about the NFL at this point and your ability to get your name and tape out there?
Playing in the NFLPA game really got me out there to a lot of scouts. Some knew of me from playing in big games like Texas A&M or Florida, but just playing in the NFLPA game got me in front of more scouts. My first year here at New Mexico State, I literally only saw one or two scouts come out to our practices to see the seniors or whoever was here. My senior year here, I had scouts coming out every week. Every Monday there was a different scout or even two or three. I wasn’t used to seeing it, but I really got the chance to meet some people.

How did you feel about your pro day?
It could have been a lot better. Basically for my pro day, I was hurt. I ended up getting injured while training out at Baton Rouge at Traction. I ended up hurting my knee out there, so I didn’t have the day that I wanted to have.

When did you injure your knee?

It was in the middle of my training for my pro day in February. I was there for six weeks after the NFLPA game. I’d say about the third week I hurt my knee, I was out two weeks before my pro day.

What happened in particular?
They said I had patella tendinitis. It was just from me landing on it. We were doing one-legged landings while doing broad jumps. I guess my knee was just not strong enough when I landed the wrong way. It tweaked my patella. They said it’d take a couple weeks to overcome it. I was getting therapy three times a day, but unfortunately it was still hurting during my pro day. It’s much better now.

Do you almost wish your pro day would have been postponed?
Honestly, I do. Training at Baton Rouge, we had guys from LSU and Tulane that had pro days in April. They had more than enough time to get their training in but I only had a set time to get my training in, and even then I got hurt. If my pro day was in April, I could have been healed up, because I’m feeling great now.

Did teams know who were at the pro day?
With the pro day, I didn’t have to tell anybody because once before the pro day, we all met up and had to sign a sheet filling out our name. They asked on the paper if we had any injuries, so I just wrote my problem on there.

I know the Chiefs were at your pro day along with several others. Did you get a chance to explain things to them or hear back from them?
No, I just got to introduce myself, but I didn’t have the chance to converse with any of them. I got to talk to the Chiefs at the NFLPA game. I got to talk to a lot of teams there. They set up an hour to talk to different teams, so I talked to the Chiefs then. I wasn’t too upset about it at my pro day, since I already had that chance.

Do you get a sense that some teams more than others are interested?
Yeah, I feel that. Usually with teams that are more interested, my agent will tell me that he’s talked to them.

A lot of linemen at the next level have to be versatile to get a roster spot. I know you have a lot of experience starting at center, but how do you feel about other roles?
Of course, I wouldn’t mind playing guard. I played guard all last year at practice, because we had a lot of hurt offensive linemen. We were down to eight, so once I came out at center with the first string, I would go in at guard with the second string. I also played guard for my junior college in Arizona, so I have a feel for guard. It’s not a problem for me. I can definitely do that.

Is this a childhood dream then?
Oh, yes, since I started playing football when I was 7! Back in the day, my brother and I used to sit outside all day and just play football. We’d be Jerry Rice and Michael Vick and all those guys. It’s always been my dream.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/04/...view-new-mexico-state-center-anthony-mcmeans/

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still no notice on Toth or Orlosky ... Would have loved to take a shot on either of those guys. Wonder what is up with them?
Toth is recovering from surgery and has said he will wait until that's done to sign with a team from what I'm hearing.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thank you; that is the first time I've heard that and makes a lot more sense than he suddenly became uninteresting to everyone in the league.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Toth is recovering from surgery and has said he will wait until that's done to sign with a team from what I'm hearing.

Snead said in the press conference after day 3, that OL Coach had targeted an OL that they were going to draft in the 7th, but signed him as an UDRFA instead so that is either McMeans or Washington's OG, who could project at Center at the next level Jake Eldrenkamp.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
JAKE ELDRENKAMP
WASHINGTON PAC-12
2558713.jpg

• 6'5"HEIGHT
  • 297LBS.WEIGHT
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Good athlete. Plays with good bend and has easy, smooth movement skills. Shows off good lateral agility and quickness off the snap. Built for zone scheme. Has the feet to get to difficult reach blocks and work hips into place to seal his block. Able to stick defensive tackles on his inside shoulder and run his feet to keep them there. Takes quality angles up to second level. Hands are big and strong helping him sustain his blocks. Capable long- or short-pull blocker. Plays with good balance in pass sets and stays mirrored to defender. Pass punch lands inside and once he gets extension he keeps arms locked out.
WEAKNESSES
Possesses relatively narrow frame and may have issues adding and maintaining desired mass for interior. Needs to play on the move. Struggles to generate quality push at the point of attack as base blocker. Hands can swing a little too wide in run game. Tends to lean and push rather than roll hips into his blocks. Will chase twisters too deep and run himself out of position to catch the looper.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 7-PFA
BOTTOM LINE
An athletic zone-scheme fit at guard or potentially center if he proves he can snap it. Eldrenkamp is technically sound in both the running and passing games and he's got desired body control and balance that zone teams like. The biggest question for him will be whether or not he can carry more mass, but the tape looks like that of a backup or possibly eventual starter if he can find the right scheme fit.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jake-eldrenkamp?id=2558713

KOWALSKI

Rookie
according to gonzales mcmeans had alot of interested among teams as an udfa.
i guess he is the guy kromer liked so much.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The patriots got my guy. A lot of expletives I can't say right now

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
according to gonzales mcmeans had alot of interested among teams as an udfa.
i guess he is the guy kromer liked so much.

Big Kid very good at point of attack, not much on the move, but will be interesting to see what he brings at camp..Another Team Captain.

Cn_cz7xWEAAKh1n.jpg

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Can McMeans beat out Rhaney as backup C? Hard to believe he can, given that Rhaney couldn't beat out Tim Barnes and he was the first cut by the new staff.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
the 6-2, 320-pound McMeans is a huge blocker to lead the way. He’s not going to do much on the move, but in a phone booth he’s able to generate a big push. A true anchor, he needs to be the leader up front to pave the way...
This sounds really nice!!(y)(y)

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
McMeans and Eldenkamp sound and look as promising as some of the O-line options that were available late in the draft. I think this has been nicely played by Sneed and the Rams.

WvuIN02

Starter
Hadn't seen that anywhere; thanks.

Still don't know why neither guy was drafted. Both had pretty high ratings in the industry mags, not that they are bibles of course.
I really didnt get it either, Orlosky was a beast his entire career and was the second place finisher behind Elflein for the Rimington trophy this year. Kid has a nasty streak to him, Philly got a good one.

DrHavenstein

Rookie
Name
Ty
Maybe I dreamed this...but didn't we get a UDFA corner who was like 5'8 and was highly regarded but held back by injuries? Thought I read something about Kiper (barf) had him as a potential day 2 pick..