UDFA Trackers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KOWALSKI

Rookie
udfa:

aarion penton, cb, missouri
ismael adams, cb, ucla
jared collins, cb, arkansas
travious wright, ss, north carolina state
kevin davis, ilb, colorado
folarin orimolade, olb, dartmouth
casey sales, de, ohio
jake eldrenkamp, ol, washington
anthony mcmeans, ol, new mexico state
alex kozan, ol, auburn
kwadye miller, ol, san diego state
johnny mundt, te, oregon
justin davis, rb, usc

(maybe) udfa:

lenard tillery, rb, southern

tryout:

matt davis, qb, smu
de'mard llorens, rb, northwestern state
shakier ryan, wr, northwestern state
cj germany, wr, notre dame college
dimitrius smith, de, monmouth
teidrick smith, olb, umhb
dree davis, lb/ss, western kentucky
alfonso mack, cb, bowling green

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
udfa:

aarion penton, cb, missouri
ismael adams, cb, ucla
jared collins, cb, arkansas
travious wright, ss, north carolina state
kevin davis, ilb, colorado
folarin orimolade, olb, dartmouth
casey sales, de, ohio
jake eldrenkamp, ol, washington
anthony mcmeans, ol, new mexico state
alex kozan, ol, auburn
kwadye miller, ol, san diego state
johnny mundt, te, oregon
justin davis, rb, usc

(maybe) udfa:

lenard tillery, rb, southern

tryout:

matt davis, qb, smu
de'mard llorens, rb, northwestern state
shakier ryan, wr, northwestern state
cj germany, wr, notre dame college
dimitrius smith, de, monmouth
teidrick smith, olb, umhb
dree davis, lb/ss, western kentucky
alfonso mack, cb, bowling green
Why does this list make me think we wanted to draft a couple corners and offensive linemen?

I can't believe we already gave Aarion Penton $25k....I mean, what for? 4.6 guy and he may not make the practice squad. I get it...most of these dudes were captains...leaders...good guys...but come on?

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
KD Cannon got cut by the niners already. That didnt last long. Must be something up with him.

12330.jpg

KD Cannon | Wide Receiver | #83
Team: Unsigned Free Agent
Age / DOB: (21) / 11/5/1995
Ht / Wt: 5'11' / 182
College: Baylor
Share:

LATEST NEWS
RECENT NEWS

49ers waived WR KD Cannon.
A big-name undrafted free agent out of Baylor, Cannon was cut immediately after rookie minicamp. Assuming he is healthy and isn't dealing with an undisclosed off-field incident, we suspect Cannon will be claimed off waivers. A one-trick speedster, Cannon has drawn comparisons to Chargers WR Travis Benjamin. May 7 - 1:55 PM
Source: David Smoak on Twitter

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
KD Cannon got cut by the niners already. That didnt last long. Must be something up with him.

12330.jpg

KD Cannon | Wide Receiver | #83
Team: Unsigned Free Agent
Age / DOB: (21) / 11/5/1995
Ht / Wt: 5'11' / 182
College: Baylor
Share:

LATEST NEWS
RECENT NEWS

49ers waived WR KD Cannon.
A big-name undrafted free agent out of Baylor, Cannon was cut immediately after rookie minicamp. Assuming he is healthy and isn't dealing with an undisclosed off-field incident, we suspect Cannon will be claimed off waivers. A one-trick speedster, Cannon has drawn comparisons to Chargers WR Travis Benjamin. May 7 - 1:55 PM
Source: David Smoak on Twitter

That's pretty crazy. And it's not like the 9ers have a plethora of talented wide outs.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah saw that on Cannon. Dude must have some serious issues for a team with such horrible WR's to cut him before camp.

manmaderam

The one and only
That sucks for the KD Cannon kid. I hope the Rams claim him, he's worth a flyer I think. Low-risk high reward signing, and god knows we need the WR help

Rocko

UDFA
I was hoping we would have signed Jon Toth, center out of Kentucky, in the 6th or 7th round. When he went undrafted, I thought the Rams would go after him and sign him to a contract. The Niners ended up signing him. He just looked like a player who could have helped our offensive line. I know we picked up a couple of other UDFA for the center position, but I get the feeling that Toth is going to be a player in this league.

Edit: I just did some follow up on Jon Toth from a Kentucky Football forum, and apparently he did NOT sign with San Francisco. Apparently they think he has some kind of injury, and that is why no team has signed him.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Why does this list make me think we wanted to draft a couple corners and offensive linemen?

I can't believe we already gave Aarion Penton $25k....I mean, what for? 4.6 guy and he may not make the practice squad. I get it...most of these dudes were captains...leaders...good guys...but come on?
Maybe the team felt he needed cash for living expenses!?!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That sucks for the KD Cannon kid. I hope the Rams claim him, he's worth a flyer I think. Low-risk high reward signing, and god knows we need the WR help

Or maybe he went in there and acted like a jerk and got what he deserved. The dude is a project coming from Baylor, won't know squat about a route tree and I'm sure the whiners knew that. So he must have done something to rub them wrong.

A55VA6

Legend
We got a steal in Aarion Penton. This guy may be a small corner, but he is a ball hawk.

Found this little bit of info when researching him.. which is impressive:

Penton was a first-team All-SEC selection in 2016, which is quite an accomplishment given the level of defensive back talent in that conference; he made 43 tackles on the year and led the SEC with 17 passes defended (five interceptions, one for TD, and 12 pass breakups).

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/860649315655716864

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He looks great on paper and in film. I just have a hard time getting over the size thing!! Just me, can't help it! I like them much Taller!

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
One thing about Aarion Pention is that he changed his body since the last game he played:
The All-Southeastern Conference cornerback weighed in at 177 pounds on his 5-foot-9 frame in January in Mobile, Ala. But he was a 198-pounder at Thursday’s pro day weigh-in. A chiseled 198-pounder, but 21 pounds is a lot to gain over two months during the pre-draft process.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...cle_adb35ec0-8e57-5b1c-8d74-392c9876b946.html

Not sure what this means. Seems to show dedication or a red flag, depending on how you look at it.

----

About KD Cannon, it's not just that he got cut, it's that he got cut after signing a guaranteed contract. The reason seems to be not giving full effort:
In practice rep during rookie minicamp Friday, Cannon gained separation from his defender, made a catch in stride over the middle of the field, but didn’t finishing running out the rep. New general manager John Lynch has stressed the importance of culture since getting hired over the winter.
http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017...eiver-kd-cannon-may-add-recent-tryout-player/

I'm assuming a coach said something to him about finishing out the rep. I'm totally guessing Cannon might have said something back to the coach.

The Baylor Lariat (school newspaper, right?) had a blog entry about Cannon, couple years back:
My problem with Cannon isn’t his stats, but it’s the way he’s playing.

Ball security is my biggest concern. When Cannon is on kick return duty or after he receives a short pass, designed to turn into a bigger gain by making defenders miss, he holds the football like it’s a dirty diaper. It’s like he doesn’t believe he can be quick and shifty unless his arm is stiff, stuck in a J-shape at his wrist, with as little contact on the ball as possible.

Cannon already has four fumbles, one for a loss, but he should have more. There have been multiple plays where the ball was slipping out as he was going down and he basically got lucky he didn’t fumble. This is absolutely unacceptable.
Cannon also has a visibly obvious bad attitude on the field. He often seems more concerned with jawing back and forth with opponents than he is with being focused on the game.

His body language is also atrocious. Watch the sideline after a play where he doesn’t get the ball, he isolates himself and slumps over in apparent self-pity. As if he honestly believes he’s so good that he deserves the ball on every play.

I think that, essentially, is the root of Cannon’s problems. He got too big too fast and bought into his own hype.
http://baylorlariat.com/2015/10/20/warming-the-bench-blog-kd-cannon-needs-to-chill/

When the school newspaper says something negative about a player, gotta be some sort of sign, right? Sure, maybe he grew up since 2015.

Last edited:

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cannon by name cannon by nature it seems.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Wonder if they noticed him while they were scouting Reynolds. Would be pretty cool if they both stick with the Rams (apologies to Spruce fans!)

I am pretty sure that's how they discovered him. I am sure Reynolds also put in a good word for him to. This definitely spices things up in the WR corps. See if he makes the team, but yes this is something Spruce fans need to be nervous about.