UDFA Signings?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Justice Cunningham is a former Gamecock just like Captain Munnerlyn.

how long can players be on the practice squad? I think he can eventually make an impact, but not sure he can beat out our current TE's.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
how long can players be on the practice squad? I think he can eventually make an impact, but not sure he can beat out our current TE's.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/31/4677982/nfl-practice-squad-salary-rules-eligibility
  • A player is eligible if he does not have an accrued season of NFL experience. Players gain an accrued season by being on the active roster for at least six games.
  • If a player has one accrued season, they can still be practice squad eligible if they were on the 45-man active gameday roster for less than nine regular season games.
  • A player is deemed to have served a season on the practice squad if he remains on the practice squad for at least three weeks. Players are eligible to be on the practice squad for two seasons.
  • Players can be eligible for a third practice squad season if their team maintains no less than 53 players on the active/inactive list at all times.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Watched some Ethan Westbrooks, or at least what I could find. He's impressive, just raw and bad competition. Don't think he can make our roster, but then again he's extremely talented and you never know. Definitely a great UDFA pickup.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Marcus Roberson, Victor Hampton, Louchiez Purifoy all still available I believe. We know why Purifoy dropped, but why did the other two? Those are talented guys.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watched some Ethan Westbrooks, or at least what I could find. He's impressive, just raw and bad competition. Don't think he can make our roster, but then again he's extremely talented and you never know. Definitely a great UDFA pickup.

Which UDFA players do you think have the best chance of making the Rams roster this season?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Which UDFA players do you think have the best chance of making the Rams roster this season?

I think the most likely is one of the DBs, Avery Cunningham (who's very versatile) and Jarrid Bryant (really big, 6'4" and athletic). We need help there and if one of them stands out, they can make it.

One of the blockers, FB Kadeem Jones or TE Alex Bayer has a pretty good chance to make our roster and take McNeil's spot. Neither inspire me much though.

One of the LBs could make the roster as depth, though we don't need one. Don't know much about them, but from what I've seen, not inspired.

I like Trey Watts at RB and Emmanuel McCray at OT as depth guys. Watts is an RB but not likely at all to make our roster. McCray has a pretty decent chance to make it over our bottom of the roster guys.

Westbrooks is probably the least likely due to the nature of the position.

Doubt the receivers have any chance.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Emmanuel McCray, OL, Ole Miss
http://olehottytoddy.com/2013/08/28/45-in-45-no-5-emmanuel-mccray/
2012 Season: McCray started his first game at Ole Miss last season and wound up starting all 13 at left tackle. McCray performed well last season and has earned his way into talk of a late-round draft pick next April.
Value: Now, you are going to hear the wolves call for Laremy Tunsil regardless of how McCray plays. That’s what happens when your coaches sign the top offensive line prospect in the country. It doesn’t matter though as head coach Hugh Freeze will go with the senior at left tackle while giving Tunsil some looks as the second string.

There are no SEC starts at left tackle left on the roster aside from McCray. McCray does a great job of keeping Bo Wallace upright and if he stays healthy it is invaluable to the Rebels. He doesn’t make the most noise, he doesn’t call for the brightest spotlight, but he is one of the most important cogs in getting the Rebels trending upward this season.

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mccray_emmanuel00.html

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Our UDFAs so far

Aaron Hill, LB, Minnesota

Alex Bayer, TE, Bowling Green

Ethan Westbrooks, DE, West Texas A&M

Jarrid Bryant, DB, University of South Dakota

Johnny Millard, LB, Cal Poly

Jamaine Sherman, WR, Abilene Christian (verified by Daryl Richardson on twitter)

Kadeem Jones, FB, Western Kentucky University

Emmanuel McCray, OL, Ole Miss

Trey Watts, RB, Tulsa

Austin Franklin, WR, New Mexico State

Trey Watts might be our Bennny Cunnigham sleeper of last year.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Yes, I really like Trey Watts. I just don't know if he'll make the team, it will be very tough for him. We have a pretty good RB group at this point IMO.

Alan

Legend
I don't really know any of these guys but for some reason I'm not as enthused about them like I was with last year's crop. I'm looking forwaard to getting to know them in TC.

Although I'm not including the guys we signed before the draft. They intrigue me.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

He looks very quick and has great cutting ability, but for someone his size I think he needs to be a bit faster once he hits daylight. Overall, however, a good UDFA. I feel bad for him, because I just don't see a place, at all, for him on this team

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still five guys out there I would love to add:

Victor Hampton | 5'9, 197 pounds | Cornerback | South Carolina
Marcus Roberson | 6'0 1/4, 191 pounds | Cornerback | Florida
Loucheiz Purifoy | 5'11 1/2, 190 pounds | Cornerback | Florida
Colt Lyerla | 6'3 7/8, 242 pounds | Tight end
Joe Don Duncan | 6'3, 268 pounds | Tight end | Dixie State

One of the cornerbacks at least.

wrstdude

Rookie
@DougKyedNESN: Florida CB Marcus Roberson will sign as an undrafted free agent with the Rams, according to a source.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
@DougKyedNESN: Florida CB Marcus Roberson will sign as an undrafted free agent with the Rams, according to a source.

Now that is a good FA pickup. Was really surprised he went undrafted. Not like is he had off field concerns like Purifoy(unless I just haven't heard.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Really wish we could have more players than 53 in the end.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I didn't like Roberson as a draft pick because he didn't seem to recover from his knee issues, but he's certainly worth bringing in as a UDFA. If he can bounce back we may have stolen a legit cover corner.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Best UDFA in my opinion. Was a top 5 cover corner in the draft to me, just not very physical at all, especially in the run game. He also had those injury issues.

Hammer on the PD board said something to this effect, which I agree with:
"Covers like Tarzan, tackles like Jane".

If we can get him to play more physical and overcome the injuries, he will be one of the better corners in the league.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Still five guys out there I would love to add:

Victor Hampton | 5'9, 197 pounds | Cornerback | South Carolina
Marcus Roberson | 6'0 1/4, 191 pounds | Cornerback | Florida
Loucheiz Purifoy | 5'11 1/2, 190 pounds | Cornerback | Florida
Colt Lyerla | 6'3 7/8, 242 pounds | Tight end
Joe Don Duncan | 6'3, 268 pounds | Tight end | Dixie State

One of the cornerbacks at least.

Would love to get Victor Hampton now.

radjohns

UDFA
Given that the Rams kept 5 RBs on last year's roster, and given Pead's seemingly tenuous hold on a roster spot, I'd say Watts has a legitimate chance at making the team as a ST ace. He looks like patient runner, but he was caught from behind a couple of times on that video.