Two things I think we know...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
No, worries boys Rams are taking Wentz, and Philly @2 gets Goof. Whiners gets well who the F cares!!!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm not lucky enough for you to be right...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. Snead and Fish love having versatile weapons hence why they traded up for Austin and drafted an injured Gurley high. I bet Fish loves the fact that Wentz can tuck it and run because it adds ANOTHER dynamic to our counter/end around bread and butter offense.

Goff reminds me of Drew Brees when I watch him. Similar great footwork and excellent ball placement. Problem is, our offense is nothing like pass heavy New Orleans. (For reference NO was #3 in Pass Attempts Per Game in 2015 and the Rams were near the bottom of the barrel at #30).

I get that people watch the Goff film and go bonkers for the accurate gun slinging but if we look at the rest of OUR pieces, scheme, and coach, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment expecting anyone other than Wentz.

I've seen multiple very intelligent posters say this sort of thing and it really makes no sense at all to me. It implies two things:
1. That Drew Brees would be a lesser QB if the Saints threw the ball less
and
2. That the Rams wouldn't throw the ball more if they had an elite QB.

I'll address these two points in order:
1. I don't know how throwing the ball less would make Brees a worse QB. If anything, volume is detrimental to efficiency because QBs throwing the ball at a high volume are often accounting for a weak running game and/or a bad defense. Look at the 2014 Cowboys. They had a great running game which allowed Tony Romo to throw the ball less and led to him being the most efficient passer in the NFL (led the NFL in QB Rating). Brees is still Brees if he throws the ball 500 times a year instead of 650 times. And if the Saints had a great enough running game to allow Brees to throw the ball 150 less times, he'd probably post even better efficiency numbers.

2. The Rams threw the ball 557 times in 2012 with Bradford at QB and Fisher as the Head Coach. All this talk about the Rams being unwilling to throw the ball doesn't hold much water in my opinion. The Rams don't throw the ball because they've been starting QBs who were among the worst in the NFL the past few years. It doesn't make sense to throw the ball. Will the Rams ever be a team that throws the ball 650+ times under Fisher? No. But I bet the Rams would throw the ball 550 times if they had a good/great QB. And when you combine that with Gurley and the defense, I'm not seeing the problem with having a guy like Drew Brees on this team.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
FWIW, he did miss the entire second half of that game because of the injury. Whether he would have missed games, IDK.

Not sure if this moves the needle for any of you, but Wentz broke his wrist on the second series of the game. He finished the game not knowing it was broken.

Disclaimer: I'm a Wentz/NDSU fan. Not trying to bash Goff. I've studied this quarterback class very close for over a year and they are both very good quarterbacks.
Was the last game of the season in a 1-11 year, not sure what difference it would have made had the team been playing a bowl game later. So the scorecard reads in 3 seasons, Goff missed 1 half of 1 game due to injury and Wentz missed 8 games in only 2 seasons. I love Wentz as much as the next guy, but based on that I cant co-sign checking the box in Wentz favor that he is less likely to get hurt because of his body size/shape.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1. I don't know how throwing the ball less would make Brees a worse QB.
2004 San Diego- 262/400 65.6% 3159 yards 27 TD 7 INT 104.8 rating
San Diego ran approx. 470 pass plays to 500+ rushing attempts
Brees was every bit as effective in a primarily run first offense with less volume passing

Bizon

UDFA
Was the last game of the season in a 1-11 year, not sure what difference it would have made had the team been playing a bowl game later. So the scorecard reads in 3 seasons, Goff missed 1 half of 1 game due to injury and Wentz missed 8 games in only 2 seasons. I love Wentz as much as the next guy, but based on that I cant co-sign checking the box in Wentz favor that he is less likely to get hurt because of his body size/shape.

I don't think there's much of an injury concern with either. Goff's a little on the smaller side, but got hit a ton and missed very little time. Wentz is bigger, but did have the broken wrist.

Just my two cents, but the Rams just need to pick who they think would be the better QB.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think there's much of an injury concern with either. Goff's a little on the smaller side, but got hit a ton and missed very little time. Wentz is bigger, but did have the broken wrist.

Just my two cents, but the Rams just need to pick who they think would be the better QB.
I totally agree. I think they are both going to be great and we will be darned fortunate to have one or the other
I give a slight edge to Goff but think the Rams will draft Wentz and I will be psyched to call him my favorite QB in the league...