TV Land pulls 'Dukes of Hazzard' re-runs over Confederate flag debate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I guess the history of the Civil War will forever be lost soon. I grew up in Virginia and never was taught its history in depth. My children have been educated in Georgia and have been taught even less in depth about it. And from watching the news lately and reading social media, it seems just about everybody doesn't know much about our own Civil War. I guess this makes it much easier for the PC police to win the day. So, yes, ignorance is bliss.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I guess the history of the Civil War will forever be lost soon. I grew up in Virginia and never was taught its history in depth. My children have been educated in Georgia and have been taught even less in depth about it. And from watching the news lately and reading social media, it seems just about everybody doesn't know much about our own Civil War. I guess this makes it much easier for the PC police to win the day. So, yes, ignorance is bliss.

You're right. Most people in this country don't know much about the civil war. Mostly everyone is taught that the civil war was about slavery. The north is good, the south is bad. Slavery is not the main reason for the civil war. Taking a civil war history class last semester really opened my eyes and made me realize how bad our education system really is.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I guess if this sudden outrage over the Confederate flag is due to its links to slavery, and looking at it somehow offends people, then we're going to have to start taking down a ton of monuments, statues, and maybe ban the dollar and the quarter. George Washington owned somewhere near a hundred slaves with his wife, and he's the Big Papa of this Country.

I don't really care about the flag in and of itself. Whenever I saw it, I would just think 'Redneck'. Just being honest. But I kind of care about it now. Not in such a way that I'm now somehow full of Southern Pride, but moreso that I'm sick to death of bleeding heart spotlight grabbers that promote rallies and an intervention of Government on their behalves. I'm sure they'll get their way too, and they can thump their little bird chests and claim victory over ... something. That chick from NC who went to SC to pull down that flag on TV gave absolutely zero shits about that same flag that was flying there her entire life. She had many opportunities to do that outside of the media spotlight, but I guess it wasn't as offensive the previous 20+ years of her life.

One mentally deranged and unstable Pete Rose hairstyle-havin' jagoff perverts a symbol of a Confederate State, goes and shoots up a church, and history has to be corrected. That's where I live now? What about the Nation's flag? It's a symbol of Freedom, yeah? It flew for about 88 years before slavery was abolished. What about the internment camps we set up for innocent Japanese people during WWII? How about how the mass murder of Native Americans? Oh yeah, I forgot. Daniel Snyder's going to pay for that one. The assault on Christianity is another cause that's been happening at a steady gait. Won't be long before that's illegal here. I mean, after all, didn't the Crusades happen once before somewhere? I'm kind of offended by that. Now that same sex marriages are legalized, might as well get that nasty looking cross off of buildings. I don't like the way it looks, and I don't like what it stands for.

"CONGRESS!!!"

Man I really dislike people anymore.

But y'all are okay. I can live with you guys.

It's sad but that's our society these days and it's not going to get better. We cater to the ignorant, lazy, and uneducated. The flag was only banned because of that shooter and the picture of him with it. That's another thing about this country. People wait for a tragedy to further an agenda they have. He gave them the perfect chance to get rid of the flag. Now that it is gone, people will blame something else the next time there is a tragedy. That girl that climbed the pole didn't give a shit until this happened and she could get publicity. The classic narcissism that's taking over our society.

Like I said in my first post on here, it is just a matter of time until things like the American flag and prayer are banned places too. Have a prayer in a public place, someone is offended because it's not their religion or they're not religious. American flag, well they're offended because of some of the things that have happened in this country's past. Pledge of allegiance, some don't like it. It is only going to get worse. I'm genuinely concerned about this country, for a large variety of reasons.

bluecoconuts

Legend
ike I said in my first post on here, it is just a matter of time until things like the American flag and prayer are banned places too. Have a prayer in a public place, someone is offended because it's not their religion or they're not religious.

I can't imagine any scenario happening anytime soon where the American flag and praying is deemed illegal.

Prayer is protected by the first amendment, they could rule that a government official can't demand public prayers or something like that due to separation of church and state, but without an amendment they couldn't just ban praying in public. If an amendment did happen then there would likely need to be overwhelming public majority wanting it. Government couldn't ban the American flag either, that's pretty ridiculous, a slippery slope fallacy really.

I think that banning the confederate flag completely is stupid, if people want to fly it that's their business, but it has no business being on a government building. People get up in arms about a Mexican flag being flown in California, the confederate flag is pretty much the exact same thing.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess if this sudden outrage over the Confederate flag is due to its links to slavery, and looking at it somehow offends people, then we're going to have to start taking down a ton of monuments, statues, and maybe ban the dollar and the quarter. George Washington owned somewhere near a hundred slaves with his wife, and he's the Big Papa of this Country.

I don't really care about the flag in and of itself. Whenever I saw it, I would just think 'Redneck'. Just being honest. But I kind of care about it now. Not in such a way that I'm now somehow full of Southern Pride, but moreso that I'm sick to death of bleeding heart spotlight grabbers that promote rallies and an intervention of Government on their behalves. I'm sure they'll get their way too, and they can thump their little bird chests and claim victory over ... something. That chick from NC who went to SC to pull down that flag on TV gave absolutely zero shits about that same flag that was flying there her entire life. She had many opportunities to do that outside of the media spotlight, but I guess it wasn't as offensive the previous 20+ years of her life.

One mentally deranged and unstable Pete Rose hairstyle-havin' jagoff perverts a symbol of a Confederate State, goes and shoots up a church, and history has to be corrected. That's where I live now? What about the Nation's flag? It's a symbol of Freedom, yeah? It flew for about 88 years before slavery was abolished. What about the internment camps we set up for innocent Japanese people during WWII? How about how the mass murder of Native Americans? Oh yeah, I forgot. Daniel Snyder's going to pay for that one. The assault on Christianity is another cause that's been happening at a steady gait. Won't be long before that's illegal here. I mean, after all, didn't the Crusades happen once before somewhere? I'm kind of offended by that. Now that same sex marriages are legalized, might as well get that nasty looking cross off of buildings. I don't like the way it looks, and I don't like what it stands for.

"CONGRESS!!!"

Man I really dislike people anymore.

But y'all are okay. I can live with you guys.
Personally, I am offended by this post and plan a crusade to have you banned!! :p

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
wasnt sure where to post this, so I put it in the "Boobies" thread also:

11058635_1007317309286938_7950342553400118219_n.jpg
Nope, I'm sorry but you're going to have to remove the flags... :whistle:
There's only ONE flag that matters anyways. :wabbit:
View attachment 7576
original.jpg

LONE STARR!
i-knew-it-spaceballs-cowboy-fan-demotivational-poster-1282604636.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree 100%. I wish people would focus better educating our children as much time we spend on other stuff.

As far as the Confederate Flag. A lot of people forget that Sherman was a terrible human being that burnt down much of the south. Had the Civil War come to a more civil ending and peace agreement, I don't think the Confederate Flag would be as prominent.

This guy, pictured below, killed a lot of people and the flag is more of a F*ck You to Sherman and the Union for destroying the south over 150 years ago than slavery is awesome, but I could be wrong because I'm not southerner but that's the sense that I get.
article-2385208-1B2890B4000005DC-362_964x1054.jpg

You're mistaken. The flag became prominent as a way for Southern whites to show their disdain for desegregation and the civil rights movement.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could really give a crap about the confederate flag itself. It is just more self gratification from those who think freedom means freedom FROM whatever offends their delicate sensibilities. Get a life muthuhfuckuhs. You have it exactly backwards.

The flag shouldn't be flying over government buildings. People have every right to fight that. And there were plenty of people who felt it was wrong before the shooting in Charleston.

As for TV Land and businesses, they're making their own choices based on what's best for their business.

Good luck. Never gotten an answer from people...

Lived in South Carolina for 2 years and I have no problem saying that state is, imo, still the most racist state in the union. And the most ass backwards state. And the disturbing fascination for the Confederate Flag.

Southern pride? Southern pride of freaking what? It was stitched together as a means to symbolize their wish to succeed from the union b/c they wanted their slaves and their slaves as 3/5ths of a person. I never saw any other connection to the flag than that.

You're right to ask why so much hard-penis love for that flag exists and not the Stars and Bars.

And I'd tell you why, but the answer is self-evident.

You want my opinion? Reconstruction of the south didn't last nearly long enough. But then, I had super terrible memories of childhood associated with the south and some of the worst people I've ever had the displeasure of knowing.

South Carolina is close...but I think Alabama, Mississippi, and Texas are ahead of it.

wasnt sure where to post this, so I put it in the "Boobies" thread also:

11058635_1007317309286938_7950342553400118219_n.jpg

I'm offended. She needs to take it off.