TuNF - Seahawks at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And if that pic in the article is last night there's a green dot on Jones' helm.
Geez, you think I would looked at that.

Daughter Reaction GIF

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Geez, you think I would looked at that.

Daughter Reaction GIF
And I'm assuming it was from last night, he wore it in the preseason some. I remember Morris raving about him because the mic didn't work on the 1st drive and the rookie called the defense for that drive that netted 0 points.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm sure the rook had the calls. Nobody else would have made sense so had to be him.

And judging from the performance of the defense he did a nice job. Hell of a pick right there eh? So far so good.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I'm sure the rook had the calls. Nobody else would have made sense so had to be him.

And judging from the performance of the defense he did a nice job. Hell of a pick right there eh? So far so good.
Almost like we should wait to see how these draft picks play before we start saying they suck or he's to slow, or to small. Jones is only going to get better.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Rams fan forever and several more lifetimes...That in slow mo was one of the worst non-calls i've seen in a long time, IMHO...Glad to have it, just trying to be honest about it in my mind and eye...I thought the Rams got s huge break there..And I thought it looked worse in real time...Maybe I'm going blind...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yes. This is the problem with fans. It was PI. But in real time you won't get that call in every instance. Probably most of the time it's gonna be called but those are usually hit/miss.

Also the refs tend to swallow their whistles in big games. Especially in the secondary where PI makes such a huge impact on the game. And on top of that especially when it's a critical moment in the game where the refs shouldn't be calling something if it's not obvious. Missing a call or gifting a call, both are bad in a big moment.

Fans want to cry and bitch and demand perfection by refs. But the price of that is a million fucking flags, more commercials, and more ref faces determining the outcome of the game. Fuck that. This is why I always say the NFL's product was far better before they started nuking calls and shit. You have old epic missed calls or whatever and ok that's part of the game. It balances out over time. Try to fix that stuff sure but not to the point where you fuck up the product.

That argument has been made with literally every single effort to call the game more accurately.

The problem isn't "the human factor" with occasional mistakes, but rather the WIDE disparity in how games are called.

We have the tech NOW to mitigate most of those mistakes and inconsistencies. The issue is cost as all the stadiums would need to be upgraded as well as all the equipment players wear and the balls would need 12 sensors like RFID tags into the ball at certain spots.

They don't want to do that. I think the least of the issues is money.

I mean, what union of part time players has so much sway that the OWNERS can't so much as verbalize their concern about a questionable call??? That's insane. That doesn't happen in any other sport.

I'll say it again... the ONLY reason they have officials in NY and ANY replay is because the broadcast tech has forced it.

Without it, they'd not have changed anything since the 70s...

TL;dr missed or bad calls are a part of the game in the same way that a cancer is part of the body. As for the "balances over time" stuff, no way. When we were the worst team in the league for a decade, the calls didn't balance even over a decade.