TuNF - Seahawks at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Game Day Thread

The GDT is a live thread tradition here at ROD.

While we all get fired up watching the game, please remember our core principles;we always show respect for our team and each other.

Despite the emotional highs and lows watching a game, we will moderate this thread with that in mind, however please refrain from name calling. This applies to players, the Rams organization, and others.

This is the core rule of the GDT. Moderators are tasked to issue thread bans, at a minimum, to maintain this standard.

This is our team. Win or lose. Good days and bad. We are here for FUN, not to be dragged down.

A more loosely moderated atmosphere can be found in the chat room.

Go Rams!

———

ROD Chat Room;

Game Day Room

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seattle Seahawks vs. Los Angeles Rams​

Tuesday afternoon football is on the docket at SoFi Stadium as the Seattle Seahawks will meet the Los Angeles Rams for the second time this season. The game was scheduled for Sunday but moved to Tuesday due to Los Angeles' issues with a significant outbreak as 25 players (from the active roster and practice squad) were on the Reserve/COVID-19 list as of Saturday afternoon.

The Rams (9-4) are looking for a season sweep against the Seahawks (5-8) after winning 26-16 in Seattle back in Week 5. That loss by Seattle was the turning point of the season as Russell Wilson suffered a finger injury and missed the next three games.

The Lone Star State was kind to the Seahawks as they methodically beat the Houston Texans 33-13 last Sunday. It was not a perfect game for Seattle by any means — they did allow rookie Davis Mills to throw for 331 yards. However, the defense stepped up when it counted the most and limited Houston to just six points over the final 56 minutes of the game. The offensive line had a strong performance as Seattle was able to run for 193 yards, led by Rashaad Penny, who rushed for a career-high 137 yards and two touchdowns. Wilson completed 17 of 28 passes for 260 yards and two touchdowns and connected with Tyler Lockett on the deep ball to the tune of five passes for 142 yards and a touchdown. The third-down issues that have plagued this team all long were non-existent, as the Seahawks converted seven of 13 opportunities in the game.

Los Angeles picked up its second win of the season against a team with a winning record by outlasting Arizona 30-23 on Monday night. The victory also trimmed the Cardinals' lead in the NFC West to just one game. Matthew Stafford completed 23 of 30 passes for 287 yards and three touchdowns. Cooper Kupp had 13 receptions for 123 yards and a touchdown as he continues in his quest to win the receiving triple crown (lead the NFL in receptions, yards and touchdowns). Aaron Donald put an exclamation point on the victory by recording his third sack of Kyler Murray on the final play of the game. The defense won the turnover battle and made enough plays to limit the Cardinals' high-powered offense, which is impressive considering All-Pro cornerback Jalen Ramsey was unavailable after testing positive for COVID-19. Los Angeles will probably have to deal with even more adversity on Tuesday with so many players in COVID protocols.

Seattle (5-8) at Los Angeles (9-4)

Kickoff: Tuesday, Dec. 21 at 7 p.m. ET
TV: FOX
Spread: Rams -6.5

Three Things to Watch

1. Seahawks' balance on offense

Seattle's recipe for success this week will require some semblance of balance on offense. In the first meeting back in Week 5, the Seahawks had 262 total yards and only 92 rushing yards, led by Alex Collins. The total yardage needs to go up around the 350-yard mark if they are going to pull off the upset. Penny needs to see the ball at least 20 times, and the free-agent-to-be has a lot to play for in these final few games. Penny is averaging five yards a carry this season on 43 attempts, and his ability to run the ball effectively will give the offense a huge boost this week if he can grind out around 80 yards.

As for the passing game, it starts with Wilson and his ability to avoid unnecessary negative plays. DK Metcalf must receive several early targets from Wilson as well, as there is nothing to lose by doing so. Metcalf caught five passes for 98 yards and two touchdowns during the first meeting between these two teams but has just 17 catches for 173 yards over his five games since the team's Week 9 bye. It's all about attacking the Rams' secondary, especially if Ramsey doesn't play again this week. Collins' and leading receiver Tyler Lockett's availability also is in question as both are currently on the Reserve/COVID-19 list.

2. Will the Rams' offense keep up its momentum?

It will be critical for the Los Angeles offense to keep the foot on the gas and build upon a strong performance on Monday night. When Sean McVay's offense is at its best, the Rams beat people with a balanced mix of run and pass. Sony Michel gave the Rams enough on the ground to keep an aggressive Cardinals defense at bay as he rushed for 79 yards on 20 carries. And the running game could get a boost with Darrell Henderson Jr. removed from the Reserve/COVID-19 list on Saturday. Henderson has been sidelined by a thigh injury the last couple of weeks but his return would give head coach Sean McVay two viable backfield options at his disposal to use to loosen up the Seahawks' defense.

Once that happens, Stafford can advantage of the Seattle secondary by spreading the ball around. Kupp is the No. 1 target but that's no secret and he's still tough to contain (see Monday night vs. Arizona). Odell Beckham Jr. seems to be settling into the offense and he also was removed from the COVID list on Saturday. Van Jefferson (16.6 ypr, 6 TDs) provides Stafford with another option, which is important with starting tight end Tyler Higbee still in COVID protocols.

Execution on third down also needs to be a point of emphasis for the Rams after going just 2-for-10 in the first matchup with the Seahawks. Prolonged drives will not only help wear down Seattle's defense, but it also will keep Wilson and company off of the field, giving Los Angeles' own defense a breather.

3. Which defense is going to step up?

Los Angeles did an excellent job of swinging the momentum against Arizona by forcing Murray to throw a pair of interceptions. The Rams also made Murray's life miserable all night long as they registered four sacks and six quarterback hits. This formula of four sacks and six quarterback hits should work again if they replicate that against Russell Wilson. The key could be stamina, however, as 12 Los Angeles defenders are on the Reserve/COVID-19 list as of Saturday, including the aforementioned Ramsey as well as linebacker Von Miller and safety Jordan Fuller. Depth is very much a concern for defensive coordinator Raheem Morris.

Seattle will have the task of getting off the field against a dynamic Los Angeles offense that can light up the scoreboard when everyone is in rhythm. The Seahawks also need to get big plays from improving players like Darrell Taylor and Jordyn Brooks alongside Bobby Wagner, who has been consistently strong for the most part in 2021. Red zone defense is always important, and this week the Seahawks must force as many field goals as possible to stay in this game.

Final Analysis

The atmosphere in SoFi Stadium will be something to watch at the start of this game. With a 4 p.m. kickoff local time, the traffic for fans going to the game should be adventurous. A subdued crowd at the start of the game could benefit the Seahawks, especially if they start fast.

The other key for this game is the COVID-19 situation. The Rams have been hit far worse than Seattle but the visitors could be without two key offensive weapons. Regardless of the disparity, the game must (eventually) go on. As Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said on Friday about the circumstances, "I can't do anything about that. I just wish nobody was getting sick."

Barring a wave of last-minute clearances for Los Angeles, the home team will be at a personnel disadvantage and that could keep the game closer than expected. However, the Rams still have enough star power on their depleted roster to get the job done. In the end, the combination of Stafford and Kupp will decide this one as the dynamic duo will connect on a couple of big plays in the fourth quarter to seal a hard-fought victory.

Prediction: Rams 27, Seahawks 20

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

3 Keys to Winning for the Rams against the Seahawks in Week 15​

The Los Angeles Rams (9-4) return home to host the Seattle Seahawks (5-8) in Week 15, with the chance to move into a tie with the Arizona Cardinals for first place in the NFC West with a victory. Kickoff from SoFi Stadium on Tuesday in Inglewood, Calif. is scheduled for 4 p.m. pacific time on FOX.

Ahead of the game, theRams.com examines 3 Keys to Winning for the Rams, powered by The Wallace Firm:

1) Know your role

The Rams received some good news over the weekend and into Monday with players coming off the Reserve/COVID-19 list, in line with head coach Sean McVay's comments Sunday about more of them trending in the right direction ahead of Tuesday's game.

Still, amid the personnel uncertainty over the last week because of those circumstances, it's important for every player to know their role and execute it. A game of this magnitude places a premium on it.

2) Limit Seahawks WRs Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf

It was Metcalf who had the big game in the first meeting between the two teams back in Week 5 (five catches, 98 yards, two touchdowns), but Lockett is always a threat to connect with quarterback Russell Wilson for an explosive pass play, too.

Stopping the Seahawks passing game certainly begins with making Wilson uncomfortable, but just as important is keeping his top two targets in check.

3) Sharp execution on offense

The Seahawks enter Week 15 allowing the most total yards of offense per game in the NFL at 394.9, and lost safety Jamal Adams – arguably their best defensive player – to season-ending shoulder surgery two weeks ago.

Of course, the only way for the Rams offense take advantage of both of those factors is by making sound decisions and not turning the ball over. Playing a disciplined game in that phase will go a long way toward earning a victory Tuesday night.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
tenor.gif

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Anyone know what Sofi will accept as far as Vax validation is concerned? Will a screenshot of my and my son's vax cards suffice?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't care if this one resembles the fine lady I brought home to win a game of Hogger back in A School. Just get the dub. :bullseye:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Anyone know what Sofi will accept as far as Vax validation is concerned? Will a screenshot of my and my son's vax cards suffice?

It appears a screenshot is acceptable.

Do I need to show my original vaccination card or proof of negative test?

You may show your physical vaccination card (which includes your name, type of COVID-19 vaccine provided and date last dose was administered) OR a photo of a vaccination card OR a photo of your vaccination card stored on a phone or electronic device OR documentation of your full vaccination against COVID-19 from a healthcare provider.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It appears a screenshot is acceptable.

Do I need to show my original vaccination card or proof of negative test?

You may show your physical vaccination card (which includes your name, type of COVID-19 vaccine provided and date last dose was administered) OR a photo of a vaccination card OR a photo of your vaccination card stored on a phone or electronic device OR documentation of your full vaccination against COVID-19 from a healthcare provider.
OR, you can visit your Vax card professional at Felipe’s copy shop. Tell ‘em Loyal sent you…..

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
We plan to use photos of our vax card or the qr record through the myturn.ca.gov website.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So are you saying that you have to show a vaccine card to get into the stadium?
Who's idea is this? The Rams or the Roger Goodell?

How about you tell them to go to hell.

~ArkyRamsFan~
How about we don't turn this question and thread into a Covid debate thread.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

~ArkyRamsFan~
This is a requirement by the Los Angeles County Health Department. Thought I'd explain it to you rather than give you a chill emoji.

There are a lot of other items higher on my priority list to tell the Goodellbot to go to hell. As this isn't his fault, it's not one of them.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No Von Miller is fine.

I think we can get by with no Higbee.

Need either Hav or Boom IMO.

Obviously Higbee and Von would be great, but if we can get either Hav or Boom I'd feel really good

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

~ArkyRamsFan~
I’d go blue font there