Tru signs franchise tag

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Basically a way to see if he fits well in Wade's scheme.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love the player, hate the contract.
Actually, hate the approach to the contract.
I'd say the chances of him being a Ram in 2018 are fairly slim

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
giphy.gif

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
This hurts. I really hoped we'd reach a reasonable contract with him before he signed. I guess we still could before July 15th but not much motivation for Tru to do it now. Seems like none of the players that Fisher drafted have done good to the team when it comes time to deal with contracts. I kind of feel like we have a pretty selfish group of players that are not at all committed to winning with the Rams. Just my opinion. I hope McVay brings in a little more character than what we have now.

A55VA6

Legend
Love the player, hate the contract.
Actually, hate the approach to the contract.
I'd say the chances of him being a Ram in 2018 are fairly slim

Yeah, but I guess it would mainly depend on his play this year. If he comes out and makes the pro bowl or has a very good season, I can see the Rams paying him. But we still gotta worry about Ogletree and Donald's contract extensions so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I already know Donald will be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL when his contract gets done..

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, but I guess it would mainly depend on his play this year. If he comes out and makes the pro bowl or has a very good season, I can see the Rams paying him. But we still gotta worry about Ogletree and Donald's contract extensions so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I already know Donald will be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL when his contract gets done..
If/when he plays great this year, where do they go salary wise? He goes from 14 mill to 17 mill and then? Can't see how he jumps at 12 mill per at that point

lockdnram21

Legend
This hurts. I really hoped we'd reach a reasonable contract with him before he signed. I guess we still could before July 15th but not much motivation for Tru to do it now. Seems like none of the players that Fisher drafted have done good to the team when it comes time to deal with contracts. I kind of feel like we have a pretty selfish group of players that are not at all committed to winning with the Rams. Just my opinion. I hope McVay brings in a little more character than what we have now.

If we were winning he probably would take a cut....

lockdnram21

Legend
So Were paying Tru lock down corner money but he's no where near that smh.... Should have payed Janoris...
They going to have to pay AD 200 mill or he outta here

TexasRam

Legend
Projected 2017 cb tag is 14.3 million. So just a tad overpaid.

It's a good stop gap to give us a year to get some rookies up to speed and see if Gaines can rebound.

You cannot go into the season with unproven rookies. Johnson does have shutdown games and is very solid.

Glad money is not long term considering Donald's contract will be coming up next year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes we still can sign him to a long term deal. Yes it's up to him if he's going to want 17m a year or if he understands his value and if he wants the Rams to be competitive. No the sky isn't falling and this doesn't ruin our free agency or draft.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Seems like none of the players that Fisher drafted have done good to the team when it comes time to deal with contracts. I kind of feel like we have a pretty selfish group of players that are not at all committed to winning with the Rams. Just my opinion. I hope McVay brings in a little more character than what we have now.

Before you berate players for looking to get paid(that's all of them), you might consider the years they spent under very team friendly rookie contracts.

Aaron Donald, for instance, might be the most underpaid player in football. We should remember that in the near future, when people are complaining that the "selfish" Donald wants to be paid like a QB.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I'd try to package Tru, Barron & Hayes as a blockbuster trade to Cleveland for the rights to Josh Gordon and a bunch of draft picks. The Browns have over $100mil. in available CAP space. It should make Greg Williams happy. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I'm Tru right now I would take a deal in that top 10% range that gives me longer term security and keeps me around with Wade Phillips and this staff. Some great days ahead IMO.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I'm Tru right now I would take a deal in that top 10% range that gives me longer term security and keeps me around with Wade Phillips and this staff. Some great days ahead IMO.
We'll see if he wants to be a Ram and wants to play for Wade of if he just wants the payday.