Tru Interest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
I thought a at "trade deadline deal" was possible before the Sammy trade. Now, it looks like the Rams could be in the playoff mix. Even close to playoffs would give the Rams valuable experience they need so they can't let him go without a replacement. The roster isn't deep enough so where do you a replacement?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Easily replaceable...naw, but definitely could move on....bunch of FA cb's gonna be running around in 3 weeks...and I trust Hill and Webster....yeah I said I trust Hill....LOLOL

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Easily replaceable...naw, but definitely could move on....bunch of FA cb's gonna be running around in 3 weeks...and I trust Hill and Webster....yeah I said I trust Hill....LOLOL

Hill's suspended for two games for his DUI, to my knowledge. We'd need a young cornerback coming back. Ross Cockrell, maybe? I know that Pitt has Cam Sutton, but you couldn't pay me to take Sutton.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Maybe Wade feels the front seven is so good it will make it a lot easier on the secondary which is kind of how it was in Denver. A nasty pass rush can make decent corners and safeties look like pro bowlers. Kind of how Alabama's defense works every year.

Tru is so solid RIGT NOW !! He is a team leader on defense. That is why he got into the fight.

He is out there making plays.

The reason EJ Gaines is gone is because Troy Hill has stepped up.

John Johnson need to make the squad as well. It is already going to be hard to make some cuts.

As far as Tru goes , McVay went over to him & gave him a big hug before The Chargers game.

The Rams want to win NOW !!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe Wade feels the front seven is so good it will make it a lot easier on the secondary which is kind of how it was in Denver. A nasty pass rush can make decent corners and safeties look like pro bowlers. Kind of how Alabama's defense works every year.
Or maybe Wade actually likes our secondary like he's been saying he does for months now.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The steelers were one of the teams that was waiting for Tru to become a free agent before the Rams tagged him. I doubt they would trade for him knowing he will be a free agent after this season and no way the Rams tag him a 3rd year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...y-watkins-after-exploring-trade-since-spring/

Jason La Canfora
The Rams have been open to other trade options as well, though this deal of Gaines makes it even less likely they move top corner Trumaine Johnson, who is making $17 million this season after being franchised a second straight year. Sources said the Steelers have been among the teams sniffing around on a possible Johnson trade.

ww.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7530/trumaine-johnson

Jason La Canfora reports the Steelers have been among teams interested in "possible (Trumaine) Johnson trade."
Canfora goes on to note that with the trade of E.J. Gaines on Friday it became "even less likely" the Rams trade Johnson. Johnson is currently playing under the franchise tag making $16.742 million this season. Viewed as a questionable fit in DC Wade Philps' scheme and unlikely to receive a long-term deal, the Rams would be sensible in fielding offers for Johnson. Aug 12

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

You may be right..........I think you may be on to something.

the clown is at it again.

JLC doesn't have a lot of credibility does he..........

If you got rid of him what would you want back? A CB and what round pick?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I dont see how a big physical man to man corner does not fit WPs scheme. If anything Tru didnt fit Fishers/GWs scheme. IMO Tru will shine in WPs D and the Rams will either have to pay big $ to keep him or let a very good DB walk.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Tru is not going anywhere this year, If he stays healthy he will be just fine in any defense . This secondary can be elite with the current players .

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
IF Aaron Donald has any demands of a large pay increase NOW in 2017 .......then the possible trade of Trumaine Johnson & near 17 million $$$ salary remains an option for the Rams Org.

The Rams defense trying to overcome & deal with the long term absence of the best 3 tech DL'er in the NFL plus him being pissed off with long term anger @ the Ram Org. .....just to keep what has been an above average starting BCB for 1 more season is a heavy price indeed.

If the Ram Org could pull off a trade like they did Sammy Watkins where the Rams gain Cap $$$$ to appease AD possible demands now .....I am all in.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IF Aaron Donald has any demands of a large pay increase NOW in 2017 .......then the possible trade of Trumaine Johnson & near 17 million $$$ salary remains an option for the Rams Org.

The Rams defense trying to overcome & deal with the long term absence of the best 3 tech DL'er in the NFL plus him being ticked off with long term anger @ the Ram Org. .....just to keep what has been an above average starting BCB for 1 more season is a heavy price indeed.

If the Ram Org could pull off a trade like they did Sammy Watkins where the Rams gain Cap $$$$ to appease AD possible demands now .....I am all in.

Tru should be a All/ Pro this season as a Ram.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can we merge this with the other Tru thread that's the exact same?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Let's not get too tied up in the cap numbers.

ANY team that might entertain a trade for him would ensure they had a longer term deal in place that would mitigate his cap.

They could give him a decent SB and base salary making this next year's salary cap hit pretty low.

A team sufficiently motivated could make it work.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If they put Cameron Heyward on the table, in light of us losing Dominique Easley, I'd do that.

Otherwise, I dunno that either team could manage the cap implications and that includes Tru signing a long term contract.

But short of them trading Cameron Heyward or maybe David DeCastro, I dunno that it works.