Tru Interest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Agree Jack. This would make ZERO sense, now that we've moved Gaines

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Not sure if our depth is THAT good to get rid of Johnson. Regardless it's interesting to see what we'll do with him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd take a second-round pick and a young cornerback.

WvuIN02

Starter
No idea who they would trade. I follow them closely (family is from there) but this seems like BS. Martavis Bryant would be the only one I could think of if the Rams wanted even more playmaking at WR?

I know they already love Shuster-Smith (blowing people up like Hines Ward in TC and making insane catches) and Justin Hunter from all reports was the 2nd best receiver in TC and seems to have turned into a weapon supposedly in that offense. I know they havent been too please with Bryant being suspended and maybe think he is expendable.

On another note, they are ridiculous at this drafting thing. TJ Watt had 2 sacks in the 1st Quarter vs the Giants tonight.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Not a chance. The Watkins trade was a "win now" type trade. Trading Johnson would mean we have Webster (still not even a proven starter) and either Michael Jordan or Troy Hill on the outside. That would leave us with a very weak secondary for a team in "win now" mode.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Gotta get a starter quality corner back along with draft pick compensation.

Makes little sense for either side unless it's incredibly one sided.

WvuIN02

Starter
Steelers are pretty close up against the cap right now, it would have to include some sort of trade.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The steelers were one of the teams that was waiting for Tru to become a free agent before the Rams tagged him. I doubt they would trade for him knowing he will be a free agent after this season and no way the Rams tag him a 3rd year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's possible that Wade has told them that the dropoff from Tru to whomever is not all that much. They were very careful with Tru from day one, where they wanted to get a good look at him in the defense and went through the motions supposedly to try to sign him but we don't know how any of that went down or what they though his value was. So I don't know if they really feel as good about him as many of the fans do. And that's a good recipe for a surprise trade.

I certainly wouldn't rule it out. But I hope they keep him this year and just let him walk after the season. Playing one year for a team does have value, it buys you time. If they move him I will be concerned, because I don't trust Hill and there are too many unknowns on that depth chart.

Guess all the fans going to practices have to start focusing in on the defense a little more too eh? The timing of this is definitely interesting.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As much as I'd love for this to happen cap wise, I'm going to file this in the N.F.W. drawer

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
As much as I'd love for this to happen cap wise, I'm going to file this in the N.F.W. drawer

Same here.

The biggest question is; is the depth really good enough to absorb the loss of Gaines and Tru? Sounds like a stretch, to me.

Then again... getting out from under whatever is going on with Tru feels like potentially a weight lifted. That whole tag situation is like a rock in the shoe; not the end of the world but annoying.

WvuIN02

Starter
Maybe Wade feels the front seven is so good it will make it a lot easier on the secondary which is kind of how it was in Denver. A nasty pass rush can make decent corners and safeties look like pro bowlers. Kind of how Alabama's defense works every year.