Tru Interest

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's not get too tied up in the cap numbers.

ANY team that might entertain a trade for him would ensure they had a longer term deal in place that would mitigate his cap.

They could give him a decent SB and base salary making this next year's salary cap hit pretty low.

A team sufficiently motivated could make it work.
Except he can't sign a long term deal now, since the July 17 deadline passed, unless I am misunderstanding how the franchise tag works

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
In the case of a trade, he may be able to do a deal.

I dunno why the NFLPA wouldn't allow that as it gives a guy on the Franchise Tag the ability to earn more and more guaranteed money.

It may be that you're right, but it wouldn't make any sense. Then again, that may be an indication that you are right...

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
With all do respect, I think some are OVERvaluing Tru.

In my eyes, he is not our long-term solution. Trade him while there's still value. If it's at least a second, plus a serviceable corner option then do it. The alternative is a third round comp pick at best next off-season, he will certainly NOT be back.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A lineman and a 3rd or 4th would do....starter...A good backup lineman and a 2nd would work as well.

I'd do that deal myself........a starter on the OL even up would be fine actually. TJ is gone after this year anyway so why not get someone that's quality and we can have on the roster for a few seasons.