Trouble Sleeping

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can’t do music when sleeping. No sound, no light. I sleep way to light for that. I’ll dream whatever the hell I hear. Lol

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I’m a furniture salesman by trade. I have the best bed we sell. It’s great! Had it for about 2 years now. Still amazing. I’ve had this goin for a good 15 years on and off.

Ok - moving on then. Not to be crude - and of course, that’s what this will be - but perhaps a little pickle tickle right before bed would do the trick?

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Don't do anything caffeine or anything like that. The amino acid L-Tryptophan helps folks sleep. Sometimes a bath or shower within an hour before bed can help. Alcohol isn't good for sleep.

Last but not least I find stretching and yoga before bedtime helps me sleep. Here's a simple one.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I’m a furniture salesman by trade. I have the best bed we sell. It’s great! Had it for about 2 years now. Still amazing. I’ve had this goin for a good 15 years on and off.

I have many years of experience in that business and bedding as well.

What type of mattress are you on?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Keep in mind stuff like percocet can mess with your head. Especially when coming off of it.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
charlie1.jpg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
try some CBD oil Juggs.

I started using it a few months back and it works wonders

the one I use:

Green-Roads-World-CBD-Oil.jpg

Have you tried Charlotte's Web?

I'm trying to put the funds together to try it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’ll start this by saying I’ve never been what you would call a “sound” sleeper. I’ve always awoke easily, and have always been the first one out of bed in my home, never in my life have I needed an alarm clock.

I typically am in bed by 10pm, sometimes a little earlier, sometimes a little later. But I’ve always woke up about 5:30-6am religiously.

Well, every now and then I’ll have these spells where I just sleep like crap. I’ll wake up a ton throughout the night, and I’ll wake up at 3-4 in the morning and not be able to fall back to sleep. It’s like I’m wide awake.

Well, almost 6 weeks ago I had a pretty painful surgery that kept me horizontal for 2 weeks. I slept on the couch for about 12 of those days to prevent moving around. I was on Percocet every 4 hours and the dr had me taking 4 Benadryl to sleep at night. And I slept like a freaking king. Til sometimes 8am. That may seem early to a lot of you, but I have never, a single time, as far back as middle school, slept past 6:30. So, to me, that’s late.

Well ever since going back to my bed, I cannot sleep for crap. I wake up about 3-3:30 every damn day and just lay there trying to fall back to sleep until I give up and just go to the living room and watch some TV. Neither the Benadryl or the OTC sleeping aids I bought seem to help much. I may get to sleep til 5 but it’s still very restless.

I had a follow up appointment last Wednesday for a different health issue and brought this up to the doctor but found no answers. He said it sounds like sleep apnea but since I’ve lost so much weight (71lbs—booyah) and have never snored, it doesn’t seem likely. The seriousness of the other issues quickly took back over the conversation and I found myself without answers.

Does anyone else have issues like this? If you do, what are some things you try? I’ve tried cooling down my room, turning the fan on different speeds, different blankets, pillows, sleeping pants, shorts, boxers. Nothing. I know it’s not a comfort think at this point.

I have a similar issue.

With a seizure disorder, good sleep is critical so that I don't seize and I keep going days where I can barely get 2-3 hours of sleep and I HATE just laying in the bed.

forgot about the Benadryl, but that's next.

I have melatonin, but it's the straight melatonin and not the one with L-theanine. That's the magic right there. Straight melatonin can knock you out and then not stay asleep. With L-theanine, you stay asleep.

Don't take a sleep aid. It's hell stopping them and the prescription ones like Ambien have such potentially awful side-effects, you'd be sorry.

Anyway, all the regular stuff does work.

Exercise, mediation and monitoring your sleep hygiene. Don't eat late and absolutely no caffeine 6-8 hours before bed. With trouble sleeping, I'd stay away from sweets, too. The sugar affects the brain so strongly.

On sleep hygiene, nothing exciting 30-45 minutes before bed. NO screens...no phone, no internet, no TV. The blue light can really jack your sleep pattern. I used to have a really boring book that I would read and I so much didn't want to finish it that it became a Pavlovian response. I'd get drowsy just opening the book.

For someone who was as regular a sleeper as you, something as simple as a boring wind down routine where you have soft music playing while you brush your teeth and get ready for bed can be enough.

Good luck in getting some good sleep!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Melatonin

I am a very light sleeper. The first two hours or so, I am out, but after that I tend to wake up a lot. When I wake up earlier than I'd like, I pop a melatonin, and I can go right back to sleep. It's all natural, and vegan, and I've never had any drowsiness after I wake up. It's worth a shot.
+1