Trippy. I think I'll go see this one.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[ign2]http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/01/04/the-devil-inside-exam-table[/ign2]

Anonymous

bigVS921.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I love Horror Movies.

There was no doubt in my mind about having to see this one when I first saw this trailer a few weeks back. The Exorcist feel of this movie makes it irresistible to me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
I love Horror Movies.

There was no doubt in my mind about having to see this one when I first saw this trailer a few weeks back. The Exorcist feel of this movie makes it irresistible to me.
Me too, man. My favorite genre. I'm streaming a ton of japanese horror clicks on Netflix too. Some of them are really, really good if you can get past having to read the subtitles. What's your favorite horror movie of all time? I'd have to go with the first Omen.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
Selassie I said:
I love Horror Movies.

Me too, man. My favorite genre. I'm streaming a ton of japanese horror clicks on Netflix too. Some of them are really, really good if you can get past having to read the subtitles. What's your favorite horror movie of all time? I'd have to go with the first Omen.
Jaws...no comparison for me.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Reality TV type horror flicks... cool. Is this on Netflix now?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
Reality TV type horror flicks... cool. Is this on Netflix now?
Naw. I don't think it's out in the movies yet.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Selassie I said:
The Exorcist feel of this movie makes it irresistible to me.
I think I saw The Exorcist when I was 6 or 7, and I couldn't sleep alone for almost a year after that :)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Oh yeah, the Japanese horror (subtitles and all),,, nobody does violence and gore like them!

I enjoy watching all horror flicks,,, even the cheesy ones keep my attention. The Exorcist is the one that probably gave me the creeps more than any other.

Some of my other favorites -
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre , all of the Hell Raisers , Poltergeist 1 , both Jeepers Creepers , Candyman , Amittyville Horror , Wrong Turn , The Hills have Eyes 1 & 2 , all of the Saws...

Rob Zombie has a few out (I can't remember the titles), but if he's involved I loved it. I think one is even a cartoon.

I heard from someone who saw the movie that stared this thread last night at midnight ..... her text to me was " OMG ! WTF !"
:twisted:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
Oh yeah, the Japanese horror (subtitles and all),,, nobody does violence and gore like them!

I enjoy watching all horror flicks,,, even the cheesy ones keep my attention. The Exorcist is the one that probably gave me the creeps more than any other.

Some of my other favorites -
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre , all of the Hell Raisers , Poltergeist 1 , both Jeepers Creepers , Candyman , Amittyville Horror , Wrong Turn , The Hills have Eyes 1 & 2 , all of the Saws...

Rob Zombie has a few out (I can't remember the titles), but if he's involved I loved it. I think one is even a cartoon.

I heard from someone who saw the movie that stared this thread last night at midnight ..... her text to me was " OMG ! WTF !"
:twisted:
Sweeeeeeet. I can't wait to go see it now.

Rob Zombie made "The Devil's Rejects." Now THAT was messed up. Without giving much away, let's say that wearing someone else's face - ON your face - was something that only Rob Zombie could dream up. That dude's wrecked.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My favorite horror movies are Shutter Island, Psycho, and MIRRORS. The first two are psychological horror, which I absolutely love. Shutter Island, in particular, was one of the best films I saw that year. MIRRORS doesn't fit that profile, but it did its job; I was too scared to look at a single mirror for at least a month.

The Exorcist was decent (although I didn't particularly enjoy the movie itself, the hospital where the actual event happened was in St. Louis City. So, yeah, I gave it a hometown rating). The Omen was boring, and this looks like more of the same. I've never liked any slasher film, and I loathed the Saw series. It wasn't because I was scared; it was more along the lines of disgust.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
My favorite horror movies are Shutter Island, Psycho, and MIRRORS. The first two are psychological horror, which I absolutely love. Shutter Island, in particular, was one of the best films I saw that year. MIRRORS doesn't fit that profile, but it did its job; I was too scared to look at a single mirror for at least a month.

The Exorcist was decent (although I didn't particularly enjoy the movie itself, the hospital where the actual event happened was in St. Louis City. So, yeah, I gave it a hometown rating). The Omen was boring, and this looks like more of the same. I've never liked any slasher film, and I loathed the Saw series. It wasn't because I was scared; it was more along the lines of disgust.
Mirrors was gay. And now you're gay for having liked it. And how do you like Psycho (the original, I presume?) and not like The Omen? They're both suspense thrillers, but The Omen was WAY more suspenseful. I hereby ban you from any further discussion relative to horror movies. Hence forth, you're only allowed to review and comment on romantic comedies. Starring Kate Winslet. And only that. Hence forth.

The Holiday was a good movie too. Cuz it had Jack Black as a supporting actor. There, I started you off.

Memento

Name
Jemma
X said:
Mirrors was gay. And now you're gay for having liked it. And how do you like Psycho (the original, I presume?) and not like The Omen? They're both suspense thrillers, but The Omen was WAY more suspenseful. I hereby ban you from any further discussion relative to horror movies. Hence forth, you're only allowed to review and comment on romantic comedies. Starring Kate Winslet. And only that. Hence forth.

The Holiday was a good movie too. Cuz it had Jack Black as a supporting actor. There, I started you off.

I'm saying that MIRRORS was a favorite of mine because it did its job. If a horror movie scares you even a little bit, it's doing its job right. If a movie can make you think about its meaning days after you've watched it, it's doing its job. And MIRRORS did its job, which is much more than I can say for the vast majority of horror films out there. I like the concept behind it; in a way, it's being scared of yourself, your inner demons.

That's not to say that I liked it all that much. I don't think that it did the best it could have. Compared to Shutter Island and Psycho, MIRRORS was terrible at characterization, plot, and pretty much everything else (yes, I understand that it was reviewed in a negative light, and I can see why). But that's not all I look for in a horror film/video game/book. The point of horror is to scare people or to put that doubt in the back of their minds. That's the main thing that I care about. Everything else is secondary.

As for Psycho? Alfred Hitchcock is the fucking man. :cheese:

I guess that I didn't like The Omen because it didn't have the same psychological impact as Psycho. With Psycho, I was scared of someone like Norman Bates. It hit home. It seemed real. It was a complete psychological thriller that made you think at the end of the movie. And I have to admit that the shower scene is one of the most iconic scenes in the horror genre. With The Omen, I didn't fear Damian himself. I'll admit that the woman (I believe that she was the babysitter?) hanging herself at his birthday party was rather creepy. Still, I wasn't scared of the thing I was supposed to be scared of. It was more like being creeped out by the people around him. Maybe that's how the Anti-Christ operates. I don't know.

I'm not even going to talk about romance.

...I'm guessing that I'm permabanned for evading your ban?

:?!:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hey Mems

I would like to submit that disgust, is in fact, a fabulous form of "horror". :twisted:

Memento

Name
Jemma
Selassie I said:
Hey Mems

I would like to submit that disgust, is in fact, a fabulous form of "horror". :twisted:

I just don't think that disgust at a bloodfest or someone's self-mutilation equals horror. That was Saw's problem. It had a decent concept (serial killer believing that he's helping people by putting them through hell). It was too focused on the gore to pay any attention to the concept.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No votes for Midnight Meat Train? Oh man....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
...I'm guessing that I'm permabanned for evading your ban?

:?!:
You're now double secret permabanned.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I just can't get into horror movies as much as I want... I always just sit and think how wrong they're all doing it.

Slasher flicks are even worse. I'm 99% sure I could survive any serial killer movie.