Trey Watts....or Henry Josey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
I know the Eagles have a log jam at RB, but Barner has done jack and injured. Surprised he made the cut over what Josey has shown, but Barner is Kelly's boy isn't he?

I've been impressed with Watts work, but...

Josey runs a legit 4.4. Incredible vision and first step explosiveness. Can take it to the house on any play.

I've no idea what his blocking would be, but he can catch a pass and be that 3rd down playmaker Pead was drafted to be.

Who would you want, while still knowing what Watts has shown in our system? At the very least, Josey survived a complex offense and Kelly's demanding fitness program. Gotta be healthy. I'd love him. He blistered the Big 12, and blistered the SEC.

Granted, that'd still leave us with 4 RBs. Stacy, Bennie, Mason, and fill in the blank. But hell, I like Josey as a playmaking RB coming out more than Mason.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Big conference player, same size, Watts a 4.7, Josey a 4.3-4.4, Josey 20 reps, Watts 8 , , ,both productive in college . . . .good question

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watts has shown it on an NFL field. Anyone see Josey do anything?

Considerably more than Watts on the NFL field if that's what you're asking.

34 carries for 225 yards, an average 6.6 yards per carries, and a long of 27 yards.

3 receptions for 39 yards and one touchdown.

Against the Pattsies, Steelers, and Jets.

Lotta Iggles fans are pissed and hoping he makes it to the PS.

Watts is
31-106 = 3.4 AVG rushing

5-51 receiving.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am not as crazy about Watts as a lot of people here.

I'd consider Josey and whatever else his the market.

Ramathon

Ditto. I think there's little chance of Watts sticking on the 53.

I also suspect they'll only keep 4 RB, and there's little chance of Reynolds getting cut. So, though Josey is intriguing, I'm skeptical he'll get a look from the Rams.

Athos

Legend
Only highlight of pre-season I could find, but that's a good run, poor tackling or not.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Henry Josey, Joe Banyard, Matthew Tucker, Glen Winston, Daryl Richardson, Mickel Leshoure, etc....

Lots of good young backs on the market now. Is there really that much of a risk of losing Trey Watts if released?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Josey, please. Then we'd have the two starting running backs in the SEC Championship game on our team (and that's not even counting the best Vanderbilt running back of all time in Stacy and a very promising back in Cunningham).

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
  1. Josey! And I'm still trying to figure out why they drafted Mason.

A55VA6

Legend

Yeah me either. I like the guy, but he's not that good without the ball. Not fast either.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I know the Eagles have a log jam at RB, but Barner has done jack and injured. Surprised he made the cut over what Josey has shown, but Barner is Kelly's boy isn't he?

Actually I think Barner has been cut as well. They let both backs go.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  1. Josey! And I'm still trying to figure out why they drafted Mason.
i'm assuming you didnt watch the auburn / missouri game last year. 40+ carries, 300 yds and i believe he had no fumbles, not sure. carlos hyde is a better blocking back but he wasnt available. remember , fisher is a run first coach, running back position needs depth.

Athos

Legend
i'm assuming you didnt watch the auburn / missouri game last year. 40+ carries, 300 yds and i believe he had no fumbles, not sure. carlos hyde is a better blocking back but he wasnt available. remember , fisher is a run first coach, running back position needs depth.

Any RB in the nation could have had those stats, bro. I was at that game. Worst game plan I've ever seen with a refusal to adapt by MU's DC.

Rambition

Rookie
maybe it's the MU alum in me, but i'd rather the rams had josey than watts. on the other hand, watts has done well here with the rams in preseason. maybe they could stash watts on the practice squad? i'd be good with that move.

Last edited: