Trey Watts....or Henry Josey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambition

Rookie
Henry Josey, Joe Banyard, Matthew Tucker, Glen Winston, Daryl Richardson, Mickel Leshoure, etc....

Lots of good young backs on the market now. Is there really that much of a risk of losing Trey Watts if released?
good point.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
i'm assuming you didnt watch the auburn / missouri game last year. 40+ carries, 300 yds and i believe he had no fumbles, not sure. carlos hyde is a better blocking back but he wasnt available. remember , fisher is a run first coach, running back position needs depth.

I watched it and that is why I wanted Robinson! I like Mason some but spending a third round pick on a third or fourth string RB was questionable even if he get better down the road.

Rambition

Rookie
Only highlight of pre-season I could find, but that's a good run, poor tackling or not.

didn't seem to be working...this one does...
WideeyedOpulentConey.gif

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched it and that is why I wanted Robinson! I like Mason some but spending a third round pick on a third or fourth string RB was questionable even if he get better down the road.
all falls back to the best player available vs need. stacy already has been injured so you cant have enough depth at the main focus of the offense.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'll go with Watts. Not surprised at all he made the roster either. The kid is durable and he has something you cant teach...GREAT VISION!!!

DRich wasn't durable.

scifiman

I know the Eagles have a log jam at RB, but Barner has done jack and injured. Surprised he made the cut over what Josey has shown, but Barner is Kelly's boy isn't he?

I've been impressed with Watts work, but...

Josey runs a legit 4.4. Incredible vision and first step explosiveness. Can take it to the house on any play.

I've no idea what his blocking would be, but he can catch a pass and be that 3rd down playmaker Pead was drafted to be.

Who would you want, while still knowing what Watts has shown in our system? At the very least, Josey survived a complex offense and Kelly's demanding fitness program. Gotta be healthy. I'd love him. He blistered the Big 12, and blistered the SEC.

Granted, that'd still leave us with 4 RBs. Stacy, Bennie, Mason, and fill in the blank. But hell, I like Josey as a playmaking RB coming out more than Mason.
Josey just signed with Jacksonvilles PS.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad to see someone signed Josey. Makes me happy.