Tre Mason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I understand exactly where you're coming from. I was surprised as well, but they are just committing to the run with quality depth.

It'll probably be Stacy, Mason, Cunningham and then then the Pead/Richardson camp battle with Mason possibly pushing Stacy for the starter role in the future.

Alan

Legend
I've been thinking about this pick and while I would rather have picked a FS I can see the logic behind this pick. I'm not talking about the high value, BPA of this pick like Fisher talked about, although there is that, I'm talking about the, IMO fragile nature of Stacy. Now if he gets injured, we have a potentially great player to plug in behind him. With Fisher's run first philosophy that's probably essential. I wouldn't have drafted a RB but I still like the pick quite a bit. Very logical and a great value.

ausmurp

Starter
I love the pick. Now give us Jared Abbrederis and we have the best draft in our history.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
This is quality depth at the RB position. They didn't draft a RB just to draft one. They got the BPA there and this kid has the "it factor" Big time ball carrier. Just like SF picked up another RB.. they do it every yr. You can never have enough depth. With G.Reid and Joyner, they have addressed the CB position. JJ, Tru ,Reid, Joyner and McGee. They still have ways to address the S position going forward. Maybe Cody makes a big jump?

But as I mentioned yesterday. They are now going for building depth at positions that need depth. They still have 7 picks today? QB, DB, OL, LB. They might package something to move back into the 5th. But they have done very well past couple drafts with their late Rd guys and UDFA's.

Not every pick is going to be the guy I want or where I wanted him, but I can't argue that they haven't picked GOOD football players. And that is how you build a championship team.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Reid IMO doesn't even warrant mentioning yet, gotta stay out of jail first.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I just found out that Tre Mason's father, Vincent, is a member of De La Soul.

Maybe Fisher wants free concerts

Memphis Ram

Legend
I just found out that Tre Mason's father, Vincent, is a member of De La Soul.

Maybe Fisher wants free concerts
0.jpg

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This has pretty much been a perfect draft in my eyes so far
4+ years ago we were always reaching and getting only about 1 or 2 decent/good players and had people scratching their heads . Each pick this year is a homerun with very little downside. So far, this is my favorite draft in a long time. This may be the one we look back on in Rams lore, years from now, as the Cinderella draft.

iced

This kid is just tough to tackle period and has more speed than Stacy. Concerns with ball security fumbled 8 times in 2 years and RFIP is going to ask if anyone that plays for Auburn can pass protect.

that's actually one of the knocks I heard on mason when they were announcing the pick - he's gonna need to learn pass pro but i don't know much about the kid

wrstdude

Rookie
People clamoring for another safety are really underrating McLeod. The coaching staff loves him.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
People clamoring for another safety are really underrating McLeod. The coaching staff loves him.

I understand that there seems to be a large void at FS.
However, I like the fact that the team isn't forcing a draft pick and leaving quality talent behind

We can still pick up veteran depth at the position if needed. Teams are going to be cutting some good players to clear roster spots and cap room.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Am I the only one who did not like this pick?

We still have need at corner, WR, possibly interior OL, Rams still want to take a QB. We had a chance at Desir, but passed. We'll likely pick a QB in round 4 since we don't have a 5th round pick anymore.

It feels like a luxury pick. We already have a pretty good group of RB. Why the need for another one? Will Mason be anything more than a change of pace back, and if not, should we have used a 3rd round pick on him when there was a lot of talent left?

I will trust Snisher, but this one has me scratching my head
The one position it surprised me it wasn't was Safety, since we still would have a need there. CB seems set in pencil with Jenkins, Trujo and Joyner, and QB and OL are positions where the guy wouldn't see play without someone else getting hurt. Mason at least would be penciled in for change of pace back, which has been lacking