Tre Mason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Honestly, we should have gone with Terrence Brooks. I have nothing against Mason but we needed a safety and Brooks was the last one that I feel could be an impact player. RB was simply not a need here, just a luxury pick. I give this one a question mark because Brooks was the better value. o_O

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think they'll be looking at a guy like Dion Bailey/Ed Reynolds. Hopefully. Unless they feel their safety is already on the roster...?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Honestly, we should have gone with Terrence Brooks. I have nothing against Mason but we needed a safety and Brooks was the last one that I feel could be an impact player. RB was simply not a need here, just a luxury pick. I give this one a question mark because Brooks was the better value. o_O
Antone Exum is a guy who looks the part as far as possibly making a switch from corner to safety. He'll be available due to recovering from a knee injury. He's got a lot of talent. Great size too.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mason was the better value, Brooks filled the bigger need.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Antone Exum is a guy who looks the part as far as possibly making a switch from corner to safety. He'll be available due to recovering from a knee injury. He's got a lot of talent. Great size too.

I just think safety is a crucial piece in a Williams defensive scheme because of how much he gambles and we need that support on the back end. I would have preferred to have given it priority but Mason is undoubtably a playmaker. I have mixed feelings.

Robert

Rookie
Just asking but think mason will take the starting job from Stacy or is Stacy our set in stone starter?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Just asking but think mason will take the starting job from Stacy or is Stacy our set in stone starter?

No, Stacy is basically set in stone. Mason is just a change of pace back. Now, if Mason plays really well...He might be able to work up to 40%/50% of the carries..But he's not likely to ever get the bulk of them unless Stacy goes down.

jjab360

Legend
Am I the only person that finds that Tre Mason/Zac Stacy 1-2 punch extremely sexy? Running behind that big ass Long-Robinson-Jones-Saffold-Barksdale O-line?

Both of these guys have vision, quickness, and patience behind blockers, Stacy's got the crazy power and pass blocking, Mason has the power-speed combo and open field moves. This is gonna be fun.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully he will progress like Gio Bernard did last year at Cincy.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I like the player. It doesn't feel like a position of need, so I'm a little conflicted.

That said, if we lost Stacy I feel a hell of a lot better knowing we have Mason.

Rams keep drafting hungry football players. I love it!

It is a position of need because as good as Stacy is he has a limit on how many touches per game he can take. We needed another RB that we could trust with the rock. I wish it was Pead. But it isn't.

We have to give credit to our FO for putting down their ego and taking Mason even though they spend some draft capital on Pead.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep in mind that Mason returned kicks at Auburn and will like be our KR as well.

you know who else can run between the tackles? Daryl Richardson.... so much so that he runs into the tackles :ROFLMAO:

This has so much potential. Mind if I tweak it a bit?

You know who else can run between the tackle? Daryl Richardson...he does it so well that he runs right into that tackle's back-side. ;)

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Keep in mind that Mason returned kicks at Auburn and will like be our KR as well.

This has so much potential. Mind if I tweak it a bit?

You know who else can run between the tackle? Daryl Richardson...he does it so well that he runs right into that tackle's back-side. ;)

Richardson is probably the odd man out. If you listened to the presser, snead mentioned all the RBs besides D. Rich. Plus he's the only guy that doesn't contribute on STs.

fancents86

Starter
i dont see the reasoning in the Mason pick unless it was just a BPA. Stacey and Bam Bam did great together and i believe DRich will be back to his rookie self this season.

FRO

Legend
The centerpiece of this offense is to run the ball. With that being the case you need to have more than one RB. If Stacy goes down we need to make sure someone else can step in and take over. Tre Mason is a talented back. I feel we now have 3 young talented backs in Stacy, Mason, and Cunningham.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The centerpiece of this offense is to run the ball. With that being the case you need to have more than one RB. If Stacy goes down we need to make sure someone else can step in and take over. Tre Mason is a talented back. I feel we now have 3 young talented backs in Stacy, Mason, and Cunningham.

You nailed it FRO.

Guys get dinged up at RB. You need depth.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I just think safety is a crucial piece in a Williams defensive scheme because of how much he gambles and we need that support on the back end. I would have preferred to have given it priority but Mason is undoubtably a playmaker. I have mixed feelings.
That's exactly what I was thinking. He wants both safeties to play deep zone in both pass and run support.

Then I thought about this and really their thinking may just be that they really don't want flashy players back there, but rather strong tacklers who are also good at pass coverage. They're not looking for big hits or interceptions here, but rather steady reliable players that simply break up passes and make tackles.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Am I the only one who did not like this pick?

We still have need at corner, WR, possibly interior OL, Rams still want to take a QB. We had a chance at Desir, but passed. We'll likely pick a QB in round 4 since we don't have a 5th round pick anymore.

It feels like a luxury pick. We already have a pretty good group of RB. Why the need for another one? Will Mason be anything more than a change of pace back, and if not, should we have used a 3rd round pick on him when there was a lot of talent left?

I will trust Snisher, but this one has me scratching my head