Tre Mason was arrested last night in Florida

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not saying anything about this particular case but when Rialto, California, put cameras on their cops all of a sudden the officers' use of force dropped 60%. Public complaints dropped 88%. They knew everything they did was on film and they couldn't get away with shady actions as easily. Every single police officer I've met has been corrupt in some fashion. It's a bigger problem than people realize. There are a lot of good cops out there but there are a ton of bad ones too.

While I'm fully in favor of cameras on cops, one of the side effects (inevitable, really) is that some officers hesitate to use force when it is actually appropriate, allowing situations to escalate. I suspect after a while they will get used to it and stop hesitating.

In terms of complaints dropping - besides less force being used, suspects would realize that their actions are on film, and so illegitimate complaints would drop the most. I know in jurisdictions that first started using dashboard cams to film drunk drivers plea bargains for DUI soared, since just a quick view of the evidence (cars veering all over, driver clearly drunk when he stepped out of the car, etc) made lawyers realize they had no winnable case.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In terms of Mason, I suspect his Ram career is pretty much over. Some team might give a future 7th for him, however. But there's no way that Fisher doesn't get a replacement for him this offseason.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I just can't get over the refusal to give ID, not giving his full name, the belligerence in general. What was he thinking? Did he think they were going to recognize him and just let it all go with a warning? Seems like another case of a guy who has been told how great he is his whole life and does not understanding how to deal with adversity. Now he's unable to figure out he screwed up with the way he was driving so don't make it worse. SMH

I enjoyed watching him his rookie year, if he some how gets a chance to come back and learn from this I'd be ok with that. I could also never see or hear of him again and be fine with that too. There are plenty of guys out there with talent equivalent to him.

fearsomefour

Legend
Dude has talent. Sucks he makes poor choices like this. But he's a grown man, so no sympathy.

I wonder if this means they'll sign someone like Matt Forte or Arian Foster as a vet backup along with Benny
Matt Forte has Cheatriots written all over him in my opinion....a perfect match.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not saying anything about this particular case but when Rialto, California, put cameras on their cops all of a sudden the officers' use of force dropped 60%. Public complaints dropped 88%. They knew everything they did was on film and they couldn't get away with shady actions as easily. Every single police officer I've met has been corrupt in some fashion. It's a bigger problem than people realize. There are a lot of good cops out there but there are a ton of bad ones too.

Cameras work both ways here boys & girls.....Its my opinion & I do speak here as someone who has over 30 yrs in this area here & I would say the reason public complaints dropped..... is the public knows they were on the cam along with their nasty actions. The public knows now that they can not get away with false reporting & allegations like in the past;). It also helps Law Enforcement Dept's identify the bad players who wear the uniforms very fast:sneaky:.

Criminal Justice personnel are on the front line banging the drums :love:for even more cameras & body cams in every possible way. That..... to me, speaks volumes.:whistle:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm more disappointed with how Mason played than anything else. He should be our clear #2 RB but he's not, and that's sad. I have a feeling he might not be around too much longer if he doesn't get serious, he's looking to me right now like a real turd.
Maybe we should look to add another RB. considering he'll probably get himself a 4 game suspension out of this!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Maybe we should look to add another RB. considering he'll probably get himself a 4 game suspension out of this!!

I been very negative on Mason for a long long while now. We have held many discussions here and many defend his 2015 season by offering up his nagging injuries.....I was not buying most of it though. Dave as to your above statement ...I say a strong yes ! Reason being:

Watts is hanging on by a thread going into TC after two bad events.
Both Benny & Chase are now involved in free agency & not under a Ram contracts.
Mason for all accounts was our #2 back was in trouble before this last event....this incident will not be a slap of the wrist.
That just leaves Todd & Malcolm.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/RB

A veteran RB might enter the picture later too. RFA RB C.J. Anderson could be a easy theft from Denver! Denver tendered Anderson at the lowest level therefore Denver will not receive any compensation if they decline to match another team's offer sheet.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
I'm looking for free agent info and I get the Tre Mason report.

We haven't heard his side of the story yet. If he was going 75 MPH in a 35 MPH zone late at night/early morning shows very bad judgment. Unregistered car (Porche) if his, seems lazy. Failure to show ID and resisting arrest is stupid. Pot in the car for an NFL player is going to cost him a good amount of money. I think the Rams cut him.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Cameras work both ways here boys & girls.....Its my opinion & I do speak here as someone who has over 30 yrs in this area here & I would say the reason public complaints dropped..... is the public knows they were on the cam along with their nasty actions. The public knows now that they can not get away with false reporting & allegations like in the past;). It also helps Law Enforcement Dept's identify the bad players who wear the uniforms very fast:sneaky:.

Criminal Justice personnel are on the front line banging the drums :love:for even more cameras & body cams in every possible way. That..... to me, speaks volumes.:whistle:

Not going to get into this particular debate on here but just trust me that there is a LOT more corruption in the police force than you think. Look into how often the new cameras happen to "malfunction" right before the police beat someone half to death. Happens all the time. But that's a debate for a different forum.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I been very negative on Mason for a long long while now. We have held many discussions here and many defend his 2015 season by offering up his nagging injuries.....I was not buying most of it though. Dave as to your above statement ...I say a strong yes ! Reason being:

Watts is hanging on by a thread going into TC after two bad events.
Both Benny & Chase are now involved in free agency & not under a Ram contracts.
Mason for all accounts was our #2 back was in trouble before this last event....this incident will not be a slap of the wrist.
That just leaves Todd & Malcolm.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/RB

A veteran RB might enter the picture later too. RFA RB C.J. Anderson could be a easy theft from Denver! Denver tendered Anderson at the lowest level therefore Denver will not receive any compensation if they decline to match another team's offer sheet.
We could also pick-up Derrick Henry w/ our #43 in the 2nd round, maybe someone like Daniel Lasco from Calif. in the 4th. He looked really good at the combine! { 6ft / 209 / 4.46 in the 40 /41.5 inch Vert./ 135 inch Broad jump / 4.26 in the shuttle / 7.22 in the cone, Not too shabby!!}

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Last August Miami-Dade county passed a new ordinance making possessing less than 20 grams of pot a Civil Infraction that carries a penalty of a $100 fine. They aren't throwing people behind bars for that anymore.

Broward county passed the same thing in November.

Kinda gives him a whole new level of dumbass-ness knowing that little tid bit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In terms of Mason, I suspect his Ram career is pretty much over. Some team might give a future 7th for him, however. But there's no way that Fisher doesn't get a replacement for him this offseason.

Yeah he's probably done. I'd like to think the Rams give him a chance in camp with their new RB coach and cut him if he's not working his butt off, but they might just cut bait. They really are loaded at RB. Not only Cunningham who is their second best back, but also that kid Brown is a big, physical MFer, he adds a nice element to the group.

And of course this regime knows wtf they're doing with backs. So yeah, late rounder or UDFA, they'll probably make that group even fatter this offseason.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not going to get into this particular debate on here but just trust me that there is a LOT more corruption in the police force than you think. Look into how often the new cameras happen to "malfunction" right before the police beat someone half to death. Happens all the time. But that's a debate for a different forum.
I fully understand many citizens having a poor opinions on LEO's after bad events. Even though I have been a certified LEO since 1980 I had a few real bad encounters myself...two back to backs recently @ Tyndall AFB in Panama City FL. back in 2013 where my daughter was living @ that time. I never went back for another visit to give that policing agency another opportunity at me:mad:.

Having been assigned to internal affairs in my past .... nothing waves a large BIG RED FLAG more than when an event has out of the normal "Malfunction" with Cams or Cameras. Those RED FLAG cases at top agencies race to the top & where major time effort & energies are protocall'd into full action & usually top IG investigators are assigned.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He's not tanned enough in this photo. And the skin around his eyes isn't white enough. Can you get a more recent picture?

Go to loser.com not that I care either way, however, I can't believe the link.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

:shooting::hiding: Eat your words FLV!!
Todd will not fall into that trap. Oh ohhhh! (Cue Sam Kinison image)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think the benefits of legalizing it outweigh the costs.
This I agree with. I don't really care about it being legal or illegal - more that our government just stops throwing money at it.