Tre Mason vs Missouri (304 yards, 4 TDs - 2013 SEC Championship)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Liked him as a prospect before this game, wanted his ass in horns after it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I cried after this game...but I'm happy to have Robinson and Mason in horns. :D

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Robinson absolutely explodes into every block. It's going to be fun watching him start at guard next season. I want Justin smith on his ass.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I read somewhere tonight, that he broke Bo Jacksons school record with over 1800 yds.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Mason will provide the rams with an explosive running style yet I still dont like the pick. Would rather have Moncrief or Gabe Jackson.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Mason... One... two... punch... we're turning into a fast break run offense.... love it. ;)

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
There really is some superior blocking in this game. Overall I think the best representation of what he can do was in the title game.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Who is that #20 on the other side of the ball flying all over the place too??? Hmm... :D:D:D The LT for Auburns not too shaby either.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Who is that #20 on the other side of the ball flying all over the place too??? Hmm... :D:D:D The LT for Auburns not too shaby either.

Good god Robinson is a beast. I would have just kept running it behind him until they could stop it. He was creating huge holes every time.

BeerOClock

Rookie
Some notes of interest:

1) We all know Robinson is a great run blocker but I don't think enough credit goes to both Auburn's guards Alex Kazan and Chad Slade. Auburn runs more to the right than left and does it as well, so it all can't be Robinson.
2) FB Jay Prosch is a beast of a blocker. He impressed me as much as Robinson on his run blocking (which is saying a lot).
3) Auburn run plays are a text book in discipline. The guards pull a lot and are often in perfect position. Even if they don't make a good block, their positioning still opens up a nice hole for Tre Mason. I tip my hat to Auburn's offensive coordinator--it's not as easy as he makes it look.
4) On the Florida Game at 1:28, who was the animal on Florida's defense who flattens Robinson?? Guy must be stronger than hell--he totally overpowers Robinson.
5) Then, the very next play at 1:40, watch Robinson return the favor by decimating a Florida State DB. Bam!
6) When watching tape on Tre Mason, I tend to feel the same way as I did with Trent Richardson--good back who hits the hole well and fights for every yard but being behind a great line makes him look better than what he is.
7) Until 6:13 on the Florida game--what a great run Tre makes.
8) On the Missouri game at 3:13, Kazan makes a textbook seal, then
9) at 3:30 Slade flattens his guy while Kazan makes a great block. Mason reminds me of Zac Stacy on this play--nice TD run!
10) All through the game, Prosch impressed the hell out of me but at 3:46, 4:28 and 4:41, you see perfect examples of why. WR Brandon Fulse also makes a great block on the 3:46 play. Tre Mason gets his credit, but it was Fulse and Prosch that made the play.
11) On the TD run at 9:46, Robinson should have been called for holding. I noted, on the tape I watched in March, that Robinson has a very bad tendency of misusing his hands especially near the end of a play. You can also see this on the TD at 3:25. Boudreau will need to fix this as he won't get away with it in the NFL. Oddly enough, Mike Mayock made the same observation on the day of the draft.

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Some notes of interest:

1) We all know Robinson is a great run blocker but I don't think enough credit goes to both Auburn's guards Alex Kazan and Chad Slade. Auburn runs more to the right than left and does it as well, so it all can't be Robinson.
2) FB Jay Prosch is a beast of a blocker. He impressed me as much as Robinson on his run blocking (which is saying a lot).
3) Auburn run plays are a text book in discipline. The guards pull a lot and are often in perfect position. Even if they don't make a good block, their positioning still opens up a nice hole for Tre Mason. I tip my hat to Auburn's offensive coordinator--it's not as easy as he makes it look.
4) On the Florida Game at 1:28, who was the animal on Florida's defense who flattens Robinson?? Guy must be stronger than hell--he totally overpowers Robinson.
5) Then at 1:40, watch Robinson decimate a Florida State DB. Bam!
6) When watching tape on Tre Mason, I tend to feel the same way as I did with Trent Richardson--good back who hits the hole well and fights for every yard but being behind a great line makes him look better than what he is.
7) Until 6:13 on the Florida game--what a great run Tre makes.
8) On the Missouri game at 3:13, Kazan makes a textbook seal, then
9) at 3:30 Slade flattens his guy while Kazan makes a great block. Mason reminds me of Zac Stacy on this play--nice TD run!
10) All through the game, Prosch impressed the hell out of me but at 3:46, 4:28 and 4:41, you see perfect examples of why. WR Brandon Fulse also makes a great block on the 3:46 play. Tre Mason gets his credit, but it was Fulse and Prosch that made the play.
11) On the TD run at 9:46, Robinson should have been called for holding. I noted, on the tape I watched, that Robinson has a very bad tendency of misusing his hands especially near the end of a play. You can also see this on the TD at 3:25. Boudreau will need to fix this as he won't get away with it in the NFL. Oddly enough, Mike Mayock made the same observation.

Good notes. The man who flattened Robinson in the FSU game is Mario Edwards Jr..He's projected highly in the next couple of drafts (whichever he declares for) going into his junior year. He's huge and an athletic beast, plays both DE and DT. He was a five star recruit but really hasn't lived up to his high status. You can obviously see his talent in that play.