Tre Mason found at mothers house doing drills, refuses to report to camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's people like you who fail to acknowledge this country's mental health crisis, and who are responsible for the stigma associated with seeking mental help, that remind me that it'll be at least another 15 years before anything serious is done about it.

Nice job making it personal. But no worries brother, as I'm not going to go seek counseling, or avoid admitting that I can be a callous jerk because I can't be accountable for my actions. I can be a callous jerk.

Fact is we don't know what's wrong with him. But by all means diagnose away. All I'm saying is I'm not gonna make excuses for the guy, which I still feel is appropriate to this situation.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Nice job making it personal. But no worries brother, as I'm not going to go seek counseling, or avoid admitting that I can be a callous jerk because I can't be accountable for my actions. I can be a callous jerk.

Fact is we don't know what's wrong with him. But by all means diagnose away. All I'm saying is I'm not gonna make excuses for the guy, which I still feel is appropriate to this situation.

Don't play the role of victim when you get called out for the abrasiveness of your comment.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
If this was one or two instances of stupidity no one would think mental illness. I certainly wasn't when he missed the team flight last year. But he's had a lot of episodes and seems to be in a constant state of delusion at this point. That screams mental illness. Combine that with his age and symptoms and it's likely he has schizophrenia or something similar. If he does have that it's a legitimate excuse, not a cop out. Telling him to get over it would be like telling an alzheimer's patient to just remember, it doesn't work that way.

Merlin was saying that he thinks that the specter of mental illness is a great way for someone to avoid taking responsibility for their actions, good or bad.
I mean they just released John Hinkley Jr. from prison to go home and hang out cause the health care professionals have deemed the guy is no longer a threat. THE DUDE TRIED TO KILL RONALD REAGAN - look i was never a big fan of Reagan but dude, the guy took so much away from so many people especially Brady. The guy should be locked up forever, not released to hang out at moms,

plus Merlin is not responsible for anybody elses actions, let alone his comment on ROD regarding Tre Mason's messed up behavior and sleepless nights, maseratti madness, president of the United States phone call threats, punching holes in walls, smoking blunts, not reporting to camp or contacting anyone on the team, living with mom and making her life a living hell, getting TAZED, anyway.....

i mean you did step over the line when you suggested that Merlin's view point regarding the use of jargon by mental health professionals to deflect responsible is somehow connected to some guy in Fort Wayne named Todd not seeking help is stretching it -- mean reeeeeeeeallly stretching it

But I get your point.

Good news is he won't be a Ram long so we can put this whole nightmare behind us

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
i mean you did step over the line when you suggested that Merlin's view point regarding the use of jargon by mental health professionals to deflect responsible is somehow connected to some guy in Fort Wayne named Todd not seeking help is stretching it -- mean reeeeeeeeallly stretching it.

I'm starting to think you're the one on hard drugs... What the fuck are you talking about?

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I'm starting to think you're the one on hard drugs... What the freak are you talking about?
See Nate, this is where you go off the rails. So you have nothing but compassion for a guy-Mason- who takes opportunities and decides to make selfish and reckless choices that hurt other people- "you don't know what he is going through. You can't judge. The poor guy is suffering from szcitzohyperactivityidentitysupercalafradgelist disorder".

No he is a selfish Narcisist. And a predator. Mason has chosen to be a pot head and to give up when faced with challenges. We can still have some compassion for him, AND recognize this. There are consequences for our actions. Maybe some of his choices with drugs have resulted in a real brain disorder. Fine. Have it treated. But to play him, and many others, up to be victims is crap.

The predators seem to get more compassion than the true victims. Screw him. Get him behind bars or in a facility. I have compassion for his mom. His neighbors.

Hinkley? That was easy. We should have exterminated his ass years ago. But let's conduct a social experiment and put him back out on the streets. He's 60. He won't harm anyone again. Right? Right?

The "open minded" and "compassionate" crowd leave more victims in their wake than us "close minded" Neanderthals. Brains spill out of many open minds.

It's like the banning of DDT years ago by environmentalists. They compassionately killed millions with the resulting malaria outbreak. Funny that didn't make the front page.

So you guys keep attacking the character of @Merlin and @Dieter the Brock for stating what used to be obvious: Tre Mason is a selfish young punk.

I lampooned him in an earlier post. I admit sometimes I can have a dark sense of humor. But I hope he can forgive himself some day and redeem his life.

I just don't think you guys should attack members here, personally, when their views are different. Cuz then it's open season for analysis of your character.

Go ahead and come at me if you don't like something I said. I can admit when sometimes I'm wrong. (I have before on this board) I promise I won't become a wilting flower, go take a bong hit and quit my great job.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Don't play the role of victim when you get called out for the abrasiveness of your comment.

I did not act the role of victim. I took ownership of my comment and referred to myself as a callous jerk. See, as a man who takes ownership of what I do, right or wrong, I don't need excuses and that's what I was trying to point out. I simply think throwing the guy a life ring here is unnecessary, because you cannot diagnose him without all the information.

But I am going to stop here to avoid making it personal.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
:baghead::wtf:
See Nate, this is where you go off the rails. So you have nothing but compassion for a guy-Mason- who takes opportunities and decides to make selfish and reckless choices that hurt other people- "you don't know what he is going through. You can't judge. The poor guy is suffering from szcitzohyperactivityidentitysupercalafradgelist disorder".

No he is a selfish Narcisist. And a predator. Mason has chosen to be a pot head and to give up when faced with challenges. We can still have some compassion for him, AND recognize this. There are consequences for our actions. Maybe some of his choices with drugs have resulted in a real brain disorder. Fine. Have it treated. But to play him, and many others, up to be victims is crap.

The predators seem to get more compassion than the true victims. Screw him. Get him behind bars or in a facility. I have compassion for his mom. His neighbors.

Hinkley? That was easy. We should have exterminated his ass years ago. But let's conduct a social experiment and put him back out on the streets. He's 60. He won't harm anyone again. Right? Right?

The "open minded" and "compassionate" crowd leave more victims in their wake than us "close minded" Neanderthals. Brains spill out of many open minds.

It's like the banning of DDT years ago by environmentalists. They compassionately killed millions with the resulting malaria outbreak. Funny that didn't make the front page.

So you guys keep attacking the character of @Merlin and @Dieter the Brock for stating what used to be obvious: Tre Mason is a selfish young punk.

I lampooned him in an earlier post. I admit sometimes I can have a dark sense of humor. But I hope he can forgive himself some day and redeem his life.

I just don't think you guys should attack members here, personally, when their views are different. Cuz then it's open season for analysis of your character.

Go ahead and come at me if you don't like something I said. I can admit when sometimes I'm wrong. (I have before on this board) I promise I won't become a wilting flower, go take a bong hit and quit my great job.
Well, getting rid of the DDT did bring back the bald eagles! It's not all bad. Kind of like fifty shades of grey.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Dear god. This place still freaking cracks me up. And not in a good way.

your new name is DELETED - Moderator's note: Sorry Dieter - couldn't let that one go even though I didn't much care for Athos' little quip.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
:baghead::wtf:
Well, getting rid of the DDT did bring back the bald eagles! It's not all bad. Kind of like fifty shades of grey.
Yeah, but most of the Eagles are just getting implants, now...and then there are a few doing the comb-over. So there's that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

How did this discussion turn into cte and mental illness? Maybe he's acting goofy so he can get cut and join another team. Why always presume the worst?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
"Hey Joe, is that Tre Mason across the street doing drills on his front lawn?"
"Sure is Bobby. 'Hey Tre! Come on over, and run some drills with us!"

joe_namath_mike_lookinland_brady_bunch_1973-jpg.15394

"Yeah Tre. You and Bobby vs. Me and Peter. Joe can be all-time quarterback. Those are some pretty blond dreads, by the way. I'll try not to head slap them in the heat of the moment. Honest"

So, a couple of drops, and yall already calling for their heads? Have you ever seen a wr that NEVER drops the ball????
Hey I remember that episode. My dad worked at Paramount at that time and took my football to work. When I came home from School voila I had an autographed Joe Namath Football. Like any good 9 or 10 year old boy I took it out front to show my friends and decided to play catch on the asphalt and well......You can guess the rest.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe

How did this discussion turn into cte and mental illness? Maybe he's acting goofy so he can get cut and join another team. Why always presume the worst?

What team wants a running back that acts like that when he has some competition ?

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Hey I remember that episode. My dad worked at Paramount at that time and took my football to work. When I came home from School voila I had an autographed Joe Namath Football. Like any good 9 or 10 year old boy I took it out front to show my friends and decided to play catch on the asphalt and well......You can guess the rest.
:rolllaugh: Yeah. I have a Mickey Mantle ball that got pretty beat up. My mom tried to "preserve" the signature by putting clear nail polish over the top. Ugh. :rant:practically mint condition! :banghead:

Mantle Ball.jpg

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I think this thread has turned awesome!!! :mrburnsevil: Who wants to talk about Tre Mason?

fancents86

Starter

Damn dude, lol. Considering you consider yourself to be a devout christian, isn't it your belief to "forgive" and "love thy neighbor"? Also not to cast judgement? Looks like you skipped a few pages in the bible, bud. Seems a bit harsh for someone you dont even know and hasnt done a single thing to you.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Maserati. Overrated as crap.

With that $$$, is have gotten a Tesla X which would kick its ass in a race. Much better investment.

Anyway. Drills in that hard? Only drills he may be doing in mowing the grass. With a weed whacker.

Definitely sounds like he may have an onset mental disorder. He needs to see someone. Sooner than later.
If you like electric, you may enjoy one of these ... hella thrill for you bill.
0_0.gif