Training camp reports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To all the camp reporters I wanted to send out a thanks before they even came being in STL I got used to going to camp and then reading the reports from our posters here at Rod. I was a little disappointed last year because we got mostly twitter feeds. I like reading the opinions of the posters here idk it just makes it more real because we have discussions all the time. So to those that can make it and report back to the rest of us. Thanks and us fans that can't make it definitely appreciate the work.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd like to go with a couple guys and have some spotters...take some note...sneak in beer...oops, did I just write that? But it's a tough task...I miss coach0's stuff...Hammer's too...In a couple more years, I'll have this thing down pat...I already plan to bring my Tequila in a bigger water bottle...
If Kev D is reading this....I'll be quiet ...well more quiet next time...Goff better be scanning the field in that 4 min drill. LOLOL

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I will give you mine already....

Andrew Whitworth big dude commanding presence and all remembers of the offensive line are huddled around him.....Samson Ebukam all over the place, he's a keeper. Cooper Kupp has not dropped a pass and our Quarterback is correcting the wide receivers at the LOS and McVay is applauding his leadership and getting the receivers lined up properly.

Hekker boomed every punt and the second unit of the offensive line struggled as Darryl Williams is being outplayed by Pace Murphy...E.J. Gaines looking more like his rookie self and has kept everything in front of him, whereas Webster was toasted by Reynolds. RB Aaron Green getting looks with second unit and Dunbar took it to the house on pass in the flat from Mannion.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'd like to go with a couple guys and have some spotters...take some note...sneak in beer...oops, did I just write that? But it's a tough task...I miss coach0's stuff...Hammer's too...In a couple more years, I'll have this thing down pat...I already plan to bring my Tequila in a bigger water bottle...
If Kev D is reading this....I'll be quiet ...well more quiet next time...Goff better be scanning the field in that 4 min drill. LOLOL
Personally I'll be trying to sneak in with My Rum and Coke in a Coca Cola Liter Bottle! :mrburnsevil:

But Sadly My Grand-Daughter is Starting Private-Pre-School Tomorrow (Trauma!! For me!) and "Papa" has to pick her up each day! This will cut into my opportunities to go!!;):D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Andrew Whitworth big dude commanding presence and all remembers of the offensive line are huddled around him.....Samson Ebukam all over the place, he's a keeper. Cooper Kupp has not dropped a pass and our Quarterback is correcting the wide receivers at the LOS and McVay is applauding his leadership and getting the receivers lined up properly.

Hekker boomed every punt and the second unit of the offensive line struggled as Darryl Williams is being outplayed by Pace Murphy...E.J. Gaines looking more like his rookie self and has kept everything in front of him, whereas Webster was toasted by Reynolds. RB Aaron Green getting looks with second unit and Dunbar took it to the house on pass in the flat from Mannion.
Boy! Those where some great OTA's and A Fun TC! Now it's on-to-Pre-Season Games!!(y):yay::yess::D

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I live in Carson, and my sister lives in Garden Grove, just 8 miles from Rams TC in Irvine. I plan on staying with her for the duration of TC and attending as many as I can.

Last year I attend 3 TC's and posted reports here (with some trepidation) and they seemed to be well received. I have no training or background in journalism but have been an avid Ram Fan since the 50's (yes I'm so old I fart dust). Like others, I could hardly wait for some one from St. Louis to post a camp report. I especially liked The Rev's reports and photos, and sadly I doubt I can match his quality. I do know the Rams and I know a little about football.

Making a camp report was no easy task for me. Taking notes while trying not to miss the action, trying to follow a certain group (they keep changing fields, or move from one end of the field to the other to the other) I'm no spring chicken, so I'm not going to try. This year I'm just taking a voice recorder and write my report from that.

Anyway, I'm in a position to be at every Rams TC, and feel I have an obligation to post reports on them to the folks who can't be there and to the good folks in Missouri (I know there are many Rams Fans there) and the people who posted the TC reports I couldn't wait to read.

I intend to concentrate on OL, WR and QB, but since I can't run around and follow just those units but will take notes on whatever is in front of me.

I'd like some feed back from ROD folks who read my camp reports last season and make suggestions on what I could do to make them better. (They all looked inadequate to me).

Hopefully there will be other FOD members attending as well. If you plan to go a Rams TC, please PM me if you'd like some company.

There Will be Rams TC reports, bubbaramfan style.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hopefully there will be other FOD members attending as well. If you plan to go a Rams TC, please PM me if you'd like some company.
I have heard several Members say they will be there. and I believe @LACHAMP46 Lives in Garden Grove so I would be surprised if he's not there almost every day!!(y):D Keep those reports coming, I'll Play editor-in-Chief!:rolllaugh:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I live in Carson, and my sister lives in Garden Grove, just 8 miles from Rams TC in Irvine. I plan on staying with her for the duration of TC and attending as many as I can.

Last year I attend 3 TC's and posted reports here (with some trepidation) and they seemed to be well received. I have no training or background in journalism but have been an avid Ram Fan since the 50's (yes I'm so old I fart dust). Like others, I could hardly wait for some one from St. Louis to post a camp report. I especially liked The Rev's reports and photos, and sadly I doubt I can match his quality. I do know the Rams and I know a little about football.

Making a camp report was no easy task for me. Taking notes while trying not to miss the action, trying to follow a certain group (they keep changing fields, or move from one end of the field to the other to the other) I'm no spring chicken, so I'm not going to try. This year I'm just taking a voice recorder and write my report from that.

Anyway, I'm in a position to be at every Rams TC, and feel I have an obligation to post reports on them to the folks who can't be there and to the good folks in Missouri (I know there are many Rams Fans there) and the people who posted the TC reports I couldn't wait to read.

I intend to concentrate on OL, WR and QB, but since I can't run around and follow just those units but will take notes on whatever is in front of me.

I'd like some feed back from ROD folks who read my camp reports last season and make suggestions on what I could do to make them better. (They all looked inadequate to me).

First of all, bubba, your camp reports last year were outstanding. Don't change a thing.

Your natural style is just fine, so be yourself.

The recorder should make things much easier.

Can't wait for your reports to start coming in, man.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anybody that passes on info from TC is an MVP and greatly appreciated.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
[QUOTE="

[/QUOTE]

I'll be there again this year too. I would love to meet up with fellow ROD members but please don't think I'm rude when I start ignoring you to pay attention to the action. Like you said Bubba, it is VERY hard to keep up with everything. I tried taking notes one time last year but that was a waist as you miss the action of the next play. I like to take my camera and when I review the pictures the memory comes back to me.

Just post what you saw and how you feel about things. That's what i did and it was very well received here on ROD. I'm not a pro-scout but just a guy who loves his Rams since '68.

Hope to see you there along with others!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's on Vet. We'll co-ordinate a meetup before the first day. I'm not taking notes this time around, I'm bringing a recorder so I'll be talking to it most of the time, so I'll be ignoring you also.:icare::ROFLMAO:

I've got a feeling there will be more than just you and I come opening of TC. I know there will be some from other forums at TC. My friends from Rams Fans United will surly be there. I post my camp reports there also.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

" the second unit of the offensive line struggled as Darryl Williams is being outplayed by Pace Murphy...E.J. Gaines looking more like his rookie self and has kept everything in front of him, whereas Webster was toasted by Reynolds. RB Aaron Green getting looks with second unit and Dunbar took it to the house on pass in the flat from Mannion.

Thanks den!

OT Pace Murphy outplaying OT Darrell Williams ....totally expected Pace as a rookie did that last season too. Pace Murphy might get lucky this TC & pre season & end up as the #9 Ram OL'er yet. EJ Gaines improving? I have found Pace Murphy interesting to watch on the field. In pre season Pace played mostly on the left OT post & technically looked very sound but lacking power. When he played RT in the starting lineup in 2 games late Pace looked just as home there as the left side. I see he i now listed as 6-6/311 pounder in OTA's.

Great news to me On EJ Gaines for I have written him off as an outside corner prospect in this 2017 roster. The big wish was for him to regain what little speed & loose the serious big monkey wrench in his turn & flip of his hips. In truth IF EJ Gaines was close to what he was back in his rookie season he fits this Wade defense sooooo much better than Trumaine Johnson IMO. I really like the Dunbar/Green duo on this roster.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
[QUOTE="

I'll be there again this year too. I would love to meet up with fellow ROD members but please don't think I'm rude when I start ignoring you to pay attention to the action. Like you said Bubba, it is VERY hard to keep up with everything. I tried taking notes one time last year but that was a waist as you miss the action of the next play. I like to take my camera and when I review the pictures the memory comes back to me.

Just post what you saw and how you feel about things. That's what i did and it was very well received here on ROD. I'm not a pro-scout but just a guy who loves his Rams since '68.

Hope to see you there along with others![/QUOTE]

I know you had a lot going on & needed doing a couple nice reporter. Thanks again. --I'll be there for at least one. I like to run with the team from place to place , but wouldn't mind getting some help learning how to down load a couple photos.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have heard several Members say they will be there. and I believe @LACHAMP46 Lives in Garden Grove so I would be surprised if he's not there almost every day!!(y):D Keep those reports coming, I'll Play editor-in-Chief!:rolllaugh:
Dave I'll be in Simi maybe Thursday ??
Anyway I've never been to the Lou Christian

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This is what I say about all your reports....
Phil-Dunphy-thumbs-up-Modern-Family-GIF.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Dave I'll be in Simi maybe Thursday ??
Anyway I've never been to the Lou Christian
Be sure and let us know what you think of the Place too! Maybe some photos if you have a chance between taking notes!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Be sure and let us know what you think of the Place too! Maybe some photos if you have a chance between taking notes!!

Do you know OTA schedules at all ? I can't find off season schedules & dates.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm bringing a recorder so I'll be talking to it most of the time, so I'll be ignoring you also.
Can't wait to get everyone's reports. Hey Bubba - if you don't already have a recorder but do have a smart phone, most phones have apps on them or free apps you can download for voice recording. Just trying to save you a few bucks.

I love getting the reports from non-media reporters. I just think they care more about what they are seeing in many cases.

Go RAMS!!!

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

Last year I attend 3 TC's and posted reports here (with some trepidation) and they seemed to be well received. I'm no spring chicken, so I'm not going to try. This year I'm just taking a voice recorder and write my report from that.

Yes @bubbaramfan, your TC Reports last year were very well received. You and the others here from ROD gave us more substance and in depth observations compared to the Rams beat writers.

I'm looking forward to all of the ROD camp Reporters' in 2017 with much more anticipation and how you guys view the contrast between a McVay training camp vs a Fisher training camp etc..

Brilliant idea to use the voice recorder
so you can keep your eyes focused while mulit-tasking on all the visual action.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
qTJWmqZfF9a6TRO9KZT8XDydLV6A3t257jH3WhWBIHoDecaN3j7NcerbUKGPqrUMlXkN_g=s87

training_uci_camp_logo.jpg
22.jpg