Trading Down

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
IMO, any plan to trade down with the idea of focusing on any one position is a mistake.

However, if the plan is to do so and focus on an OLineman, then methinks that they could even trade all the way out of the round and still get a very good player.

In the end, the best deal wins as I don't believe that there is that big a variance (if at all) between most of the top rated more familiar names.

I see the trade down as a tool to ensure they get good value at OT.

They need to get OT settled right off the top, because if they don't then they are likely looking at moving up from round 2 which takes picks. But if they nail OT after a small trade down they get picks and that round 2 pick is open for BPA and even if they don't take OG they're gonna have options in round 3 and 4 to address that starting job along with depth and whatever else.

Basically OT is the one position in this draft the Rams need to address early on and they won't be the only team thinking that way because the position is not deep with legit starting options. There will be a run on it by the late first round to early second round IMO. Nailing it in the first round is the key to this draft.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I see the trade down as a tool to ensure they get good value at OT.

They need to get OT settled right off the top, because if they don't then they are likely looking at moving up from round 2 which takes picks. But if they nail OT after a small trade down they get picks and that round 2 pick is open for BPA and even if they don't take OG they're gonna have options in round 3 and 4 to address that starting job along with depth and whatever else.

Basically OT is the one position in this draft the Rams need to address early on and they won't be the only team thinking that way because the position is not deep with legit starting options. There will be a run on it by the late first round to early second round IMO. Nailing it in the first round is the key to this draft.

I disagree.

Guys like Rob Havenstein, Donovan Smith, Darryl Williams, Ty Sambrailo and the like aren't going in the first round and all will probably still be on the board by the time that 2nd round pick roles around. 1-2 might even make it to the 3rd round.