Trading Down

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Not that there is a consensus by any stretch - but here is how I see most of the draftnics on this forum breaking down this 10 spot we are in. (Correct me if I am wrong)

Not very many of us want to trade up for anyone and those who do don't want to pay the price it would probably take.

At 10, if Cooper or White are there - most of the forum seems to want to go in that direction - although I think we are all starting to realize that chances of one of those guys falling out of the top 9 are looking slim.

If they are gone - there seems to be some heavy chatter that we should look to trade down with the idea of grabbing an O Lineman later in the first round. So the question is - how far would you go?

Assume that you are getting no more than trade chart value to move down.

Where is the real drop off point?

Lets say Peter King got it right and the top 9 are Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Leonard Williams, Kevin White, Amari Cooper, Dante Fowler, Vic Beasley, Brandon Scherff, and Trae Waynes.

So we are looking at board featuring (in no particular order) Ereck Flowers, La'el Collins, TJ Clemmings, Todd Gurley, Andrus Peat, DeVante Parker, Breshad Perriman, DJ Humphries, and Cameron Erving among others.

How would you break down the remaining tiers of players and how far down would you be willing to go?

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
I don't think I'd be willing to go past #20. I think one of Ereck Flowers, TJ Clemmings or Cameron Erving will be there. But anything past that, you're biting your fingernails praying that one slips to your spot.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
As long as were getting a 2nd rounder back I would trade down somewhere around 20-23 draft Erving, Clemmings, Flowers, or Humphries then draft DGB in the 2nd along with another Olineman

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I don't think I'd be willing to go past #20. I think one of Ereck Flowers, TJ Clemmings or Cameron Erving will be there. But anything past that, you're biting your fingernails praying that one slips to your spot.

I kind of agree here. 10 spots would be a lot so I hope we would be gaining a 2nd in that. At 20 I would be looking at Clemmings, Erving and Gurley. All 3 could be gone though then you might be screwed. Just not a huge Flowers fan because Im not sure he can step in day 1 and start....lots of upside though.

I feel unless its a great return the Rams will stay at 10 and select Scherff if he is available. Like Memphis mentioned in another thread and I agree, it just feels like they want a guy like him. They have missed on a couple they wanted the last two drafts and don't think they will allow it to happen again unless Scherff goes in the top 10. I have been wrong before though lol.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
If they trade down I wouldn't want to go any lower than 20. My main target would be Cam Erving assuming they sign Barksdale.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As long as were getting a 2nd rounder back I would trade down somewhere around 20-23 draft Erving, Clemmings, Flowers, or Humphries then draft DGB in the 2nd along with another Olineman
If this scenario worked out I'd be a happy camper!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I wouldn't want to move down very much. 20 might even be a stretch...I'm thinking more mid-teens.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Waynes is intriguing with JJ and Tru possibly hitting FA next year.

Gaines and Waynes our starting corners in 2016?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Waynes is intriguing with JJ and Tru possibly hitting FA next year.

Gaines and Waynes our starting corners in 2016?

I would like and hope that we keep both Tru and Jenkins but they damn sure better not let them both walk I'll be pissed!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Our #10 for Browns #19, and their 2nd round #43, which is just two picks below our #41. I think we could find incredible value there. If we stay at #10, the value, for us, is at WR.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
If Cooper and White are off the board I take Scherff. If he's off the board I trade down try and put myself into position to get Erving and then take a flyer on DGB. What could go wrong?!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If Cooper and White are off the board I take Scherff. If he's off the board I trade down try and put myself into position to get Erving and then take a flyer on DGB. What could go wrong?!
Two of these:
th

th

Cept, I like Erving:sneaky:

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Man... Perriman is hot name right now.

Memphis Ram

Legend
IMO, any plan to trade down with the idea of focusing on any one position is a mistake.

However, if the plan is to do so and focus on an OLineman, then methinks that they could even trade all the way out of the round and still get a very good player.

In the end, the best deal wins as I don't believe that there is that big a variance (if at all) between most of the top rated more familiar names.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Man... Perriman is hot name right now.

I'm terrified of these late risers. What did they do in the months since the season finished that they didn't show in their entire college career that suddenly makes them better than guys who peformed????

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm terrified of these late risers. What did they do in the months since the season finished that they didn't show in their entire college career that suddenly makes them better than guys who peformed????

Run a 4.25. That's it. Perriman's still a second round prospect. Hope that the Raiders take him; it'll likely leave us either Cooper or White.

Memphis Ram

Legend

The thing is the so-called late risers are only late for draftnik media/fans imaginary draft boards. The NFL teams already know about these guys.

Athos

Legend
Perriman looks like a much better prospect than Coates though.