Totally out there conjecture...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
We are not making the playoffs when we are mathematically eliminated. Austin Davis is getting better. That's the food for my thought.
Go rams.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Give it up mack. We will not accept Brady nor he us. Let's further hope that Austin Davis makes us forget about first round draft choices.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, for the totally out there conjecture, it fits the narrative...

Brady wants out... Rams are rumored to be going to LA... Brady is married to one of the hottest supermodels in the world...

How huge of a splash would that be? Brady to the Rams as they move to LA?

I mean, who believed Gretzky would ever leave Edmonton? No one in hockey, that's for sure... No one believes Brady will ever leave NE, either. But LA as a town has that kind of draw...

And the NFL has just been that kind of suspicious where the whole season just seems...erm...umm...scripted... so, such a schmaltzy, cheesy, "jumped the shark" kind of story writing is pretty much what the NFL is putting out these days.

Btw, I'm NOT trying to further the "Rams to LA" rumors...and I realize that's splitting hairs. But any "Brady to the Rams" conjecture fits stronger if they did move is what I'm saying. I really have no comment on where the Rams play other than I hope the stadium is world class and an advantage for the team filled with Rams FANS.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Give it up mack. We will not accept Brady nor he us. Let's further hope that Austin Davis makes us forget about first round draft choices.

Well, in all fairness, I wrote that before we beat the Seahawks. I think that victory gives us the slightest shred of hope on the season whereas a loss pretty much sealed the season. 1-5 woulda been done as far as the playoffs. Even at 2-4, we'd have to almost win out, but having a chance is different than not.

I agree that MANY Rams fans would never accept Brady. He's on the same level as Vick and others to them. I get that.

I don't agree that Brady wouldn't accept the Rams. We have a player's HC who's well respected around the league, a young D with stars ready to break out, an OL that's about to really come into it's own (and if we had a QB, we could use that #1 on another OL, which would seriously kick butt). More importantly, we have more weapons than he's ever had in NE and once here, he'd be drooling at what he could do with them... Two big receivers, two pass catching TEs, two possession receivers, a "weapon" in Tavon, and three very good RBs.

He may stay or he may go...anywhere...., but I seriously doubt he wouldn't accept the Rams... well, maybe not in St. Louis since he's built a custom mansion near Boston, but I did title the post "Totally out there conjecture"...

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Well, in all fairness, I wrote that before we beat the Seahawks. I think that victory gives us the slightest shred of hope on the season whereas a loss pretty much sealed the season. 1-5 woulda been done as far as the playoffs. Even at 2-4, we'd have to almost win out, but having a chance is different than not.

I agree that MANY Rams fans would never accept Brady. He's on the same level as Vick and others to them. I get that.

I don't agree that Brady wouldn't accept the Rams. We have a player's HC who's well respected around the league, a young D with stars ready to break out, an OL that's about to really come into it's own (and if we had a QB, we could use that #1 on another OL, which would seriously kick butt). More importantly, we have more weapons than he's ever had in NE and once here, he'd be drooling at what he could do with them... Two big receivers, two pass catching TEs, two possession receivers, a "weapon" in Tavon, and three very good RBs.

He may stay or he may go...anywhere...., but I seriously doubt he wouldn't accept the Rams... well, maybe not in St. Louis since he's built a custom mansion near Boston, but I did title the post "Totally out there conjecture"...
I am a huge fan of totally out there conjecture. I just cant imagine a world...this world...where Tom Brady wears horns.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Well, we're not making the playoffs. Pretty sure we can all agree on that. Short of running the table, it's just not going to happen and...we're not going to run the table. Not that I wouldn't LOVE for that to happen, but it's not.

So, something happened earlier this week or last that really struck me.

Brady's people let rip. I think the Logan Mankins trade was the last straw. Brady has had less input into the offense and feels less a part of this new team than ever. As well, Brady has given at least half of what he could make up so the team could sign key players only for the team to let them go for minimal amounts. Wes Welker was let go for what amounted to $1M. The Patriots keep refusing to pay OL and Brady's starting to take hits. Now, I've hated on the Pats for a long time, but I've admired Brady for two things... his competitive nature and his willingness to put team first. You didn't see Peyton Manning giving back $10M per season so that the Broncos could be more competitive, but Brady essentially did. Brady only makes less than $10M per. That's ridiculously low for a top 5 QB. Even at his age, I'd only put Rogers, P Manning and Brees ahead of him.

So, Brady's pissed. So much so that we got one of those pieces from a reporter that you get when someone wants to get the information out with deniability. Basically, short of Robert Kraft getting involved and re-anointing him, Brady wants out.

Which creates a fantastic opportunity for the Rams.

If the Pats falter as it looks like they will, especially given their lack of depth and mounting injuries, then Brady will either be out of the playoffs early or miss them altogether. And this Rams team is really just missing that franchise QB.

According to Spotrac, Brady's dead money if he were traded from NE would be $18M. That's a lot, but hey, the Rams without Chris Long are essentially playing with around $27M if I did my math right (prolly not, but I'm in the ballpark). $18M is a lot of dead money, but if they go with their rook and move on without Brady, they'd still be making out in the deal considering how much they didn't pay him over the years...

Either way, my question would be this? Do we draft a guy or potentially go hard for Brady and see if he can't be had? I'd rather have Sam as a backup to a future first ballot HoFer with Austin Davis as our 3rd string. Now that's solid depth at the QB position. That gives Sam time to really heal his leg as well as to learn behind a legend and work on mechanics and touch.

I for one would love to HARD after Brady if, in fact, Brady is really this dissatisfied with Belicheck and the new OC and just wants out.

Seems crazy, but I thought the idea of Jeff Fisher coaching the Rams was crazy a few years ago. Loony tunes. Now he's here. With Britt and Quick and Bailey and Austin, as well as 3 solid RBs and two solid pass catching TEs, Brady would have more weapons here than he's EVER had in NE.

Dream a little dream....and all that....

No.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I don't want anything to do With him or anybody else on that team that cheated us out of a Super Bowl win.